test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/7/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
Starting on Thursday, 8am:
  • Added Targeting Reticle aura to the event store.
  • Added Slate Armor Shoulders costume to the event store.

Powers
Bite
  • Rabies/Scent of Blood Adv: Fixed a bug where this adv did not target enemies properly.

Infernal Blast
  • Virulent Propagation adv: Fixed a bug where this adv did not target enemies properly.
  • Updated tooltip to reflect what the advantage does.

Power Chord
  • Rock Concert Adv: Increased area to 50ft. Fixed issue with the chargespeed bonus not stacking properly. Increased duration to 15sec.

Comments

• Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Bug: Rabies adv on Bite is still not refreshing poisons.
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    Bug: Rabies adv on Bite is still not refreshing poisons.

Confirmed and carried over from my PTS comment: Rabies advantage on Bite still isn't refreshing poisons
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Infernal Blast also doesn't seem to be refreshing poisons consistently.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    I'm a bit worried that without a "Do the mission 5x to get a costume piece" mission that Nighthawk will not pop except at peak hours. For events that run for 2 weeks there should be some kind of inducement like that to get old hands, who already have all the old costume pieces, to run the mission and thus help out other players.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I'm usually done with the event with extra tokens and nothing interesting to buy. You'd think that characters bounding stuff like vehicles would get people to farm more but it doesn't. For me character bounding farmed items doesn't get me to play more. The inducement is we need a **** ton of costume sets in the Z Store for players to buy. After 12 years of existence we can fairly agree everything is understock on variety. The real problem is CO releasing stuff very slow. So of course players are seeing less need to force farm everything. Every new added to that game is either an easy participation reward or an extremely hard drop rate. Me as a lifer know all this because I'm well on my way of over 200 characters and designs but CO variety wise cannot facilitate regardless of all they have. Too add they focusing mainly on lockboxes and 2 new items an event. Too much focus on one thing is bad for business.

They could add a second currency that only Lifetimers can collect for participation. This currency will be used on exclusive devices that cost points for every use. Or LTS temp devices or whatever. And put 100s of more interest **** in the Z Store that I can purchase.

Another problem is the expiration of currency. We lost a lot of players with that. A lot of petty changes are causing us to lose players and the devs doesn't recognize it's not doing us any good. Why should I farm extra currency if they just going to wipe it in December? Clearly these strategies are having opposite effects. The whole 5 five and finish thing doesn't work.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    They could add a second currency that only Lifetimers can collect for participation. This currency will be used on exclusive devices that cost points for every use. Or LTS temp devices or whatever. And put 100s of more interest **** in the Z Store that I can purchase.

While I can agree on the whole "we need something else for events" I don't agree with making it something only LTS can get, that's going to be restricting the Silver players even more than the game already does imo, and I don't think that's a wise strategy for the future of the game. You wouldn't want to lock even MORE things behind LTS into forcing a new player to drop $250 USD just to get something just for a filler event that will rerun later in the year... would you? Just my opinion on this one point, it's fine to disagree with it.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    I just want something that encourages ALL players to invest real money in the game. I've got all the exisiting costumes, auras and vehicles I want from the Z store. About the only thing I pay real money for these days is fusing catalysts when that Event roles around. Put more good stuff in the Z store and I will buy it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried that without a "Do the mission 5x to get a costume piece" mission that Nighthawk will not pop except at peak hours. For events that run for 2 weeks there should be some kind of inducement like that to get old hands, who already have all the old costume pieces, to run the mission and thus help out other players.

Basically, the same issue with 2nd week of High Noon!

Ghost Valley town of content
    Hostly, they need to expand the power sets and add more, and fix those they have, doing this would draw in many players adding one small end game fight that from my point is boring as hell, just not cutting it. Mostly they are fixed gimmicky and have only really one way that can be done, tend to lock out players when they die and many other things like drops that are all but impossible to get. I would love a new starting area, maybe across the bridge, with new and expanded power set new missions not just a path but some real random missions that you could level from.

MORE! POWER! UPDATES!👏👏👏👏
    KZjJdbm.gif
    That's my mood right now 👏👏👏👏
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!