test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Right now, Rebuke is actually the ONLY Legit option to create a DPS Celestial Build?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
Discussing with a friend ingame about Wishfull thinking about one day being able to make a LEGIT Celestial DPS (Power updates please... thanks for the Celestial DPS Core... very funny)

They mentioned via testing in powerhouse that REBUKE can actually hit 7K on critical! it doesn't quite reach 10k critical standards but it still very impressive 🤔
This could be potential for a new Magic build for a new character I made recently! It can be a mix of different powerframes like my Elementalist and Warlock builds!
I was thinking making him with the Flaming Pumpkin power replacer as focus, but there are potential here

Are the SPECs (Avenger and Overseer) and Avenger Mastery that boost Blast actually useful here? 🤔

HELL! I'm looking down to BLAST powers as nothing more than just Utility applicators and a way to trigger Avenger's Preemptive Strike followed by actual Alpha Strikes attacks! But at this point I will take anything I can salvage

Of course there is also the problem how to apply DEVOID! Being mostly exclusive to Darkness, 1 Martial Art and 1 Endgame Device
  • Shadow Blast (Devoid): Your basic blast, even ugly! But imagine if you used Two Blasts on the same build
  • Dark Tether (Devoid): Im fan of this power as an alternative, It greatly helped my Magic-Darkness Blaster DPS theme Build
  • Madness Aura: HORRIBLE and Ugly power, useless where there is no objects, Costs a leg and a hand, why does this exist?
  • Shadow Eruption (Envelope In Shadows): It's melee power, has long CD, costs a lot and the Devoid only applies of Full Charge!
  • Shadow Scheme: ACTUALLY pretty awesome SIGIL power! Better than I was expecting, being using it on 2 character and doing QWZ dailies!
    Unfortunately the Devoid effect is random
  • Open Palm Strike (Force Collapse)
  • Shattering Rain: SCR/GCR Device, requires the Portal Destructor adv from the open mission in QWZ
    Cool device for theme but again darkness

Weird that neither Sorcery nor Infernal got any Devoid ADV power!

This was brought because I was comparing Celestial Conduit's DPS and ... getting disappointed!
I remember back in the days a legit strategy for celestial dps was to TAP spam Celestial Conduit! But it got nerfed and it was not longer viable strategy
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Yea, aside from having to borrow Devoid from another set/source, you're still dealing w/ quite low base dps from the blast itself (Rebuke's is actually a bit lower than even most other blasts, since it has a longer cast time and is balanced to also be a 100ft heal). After the nerf to Conduit, there isn't really a good Celestial dps option anymore. What I'd prob do instead is similar to a TP 'dps' build, where you use Vengeance's AoE Paralyze adv to apply spec-related dmg debuffs and boost the dps of your allies instead (also helps that Vengeance has a buff that lowers its cast time as you use it). Here's an example of that:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Midnight (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
    Level 6: Shadow Blast (Devoid)
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Chilled Form
    Level 14: Dimensional Collapse (Glimpse of the Abyss, Lingering Darkness)
    Level 17: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 29:
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 22/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be used for w/e ya want.

Uses Shadow Blast to initially apply Fear and Devoid to the main target, while charged Vengeance is the main filler, and DCollapse can refresh both debuffs in the background. Vengeance's RD adv can apply Vuln, Wither, Trapped, and Sentinel Mastery here, so you'll be a nice boon to groups. There's not many Celestial powers on paper, but you'll be using Vengeance as your main attack in practice anyways. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec (for SReverb), and some cost discount on gear.

You could also replace Dex SS w/ Ego SS, or w/ Int SS and use Concentration. You could also use Shadow Form, NW, or Enchanter as the offensive passive. Ofc, there's other sources of Devoid too, as you pointed out.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Low base damage, yeah... that's what I was afraid so! It's only Critical focus from here out

I feel going Full DPS TBH! No Pre primary since I will completely ignore the Healing part of Rebuke!

Of course this doesn't have to be 100% Celestial build! for the time being I can Mix and Match to fit the character's theme (It's a Fairy Creature)

Thinking of the possibilities to make up the lack of damage by throwing Damage over Time powers (Fire patch, Dimensional Collapse is a given)
    or throw a Psedo pet power (Sorcerer's Blades deal really decent DPS even if the AI is stupid and only works on 50 feet)
    flowcyto wrote: »
    You could also replace Dex SS w/ Ego SS, or w/ Int SS and use Concentration. You could also use Shadow Form, NW, or Enchanter as the offensive passive. Ofc, there's other sources of Devoid too, as you pointed out.
    Yeah I feel Night Warrior is a MUST here thanks to that small bonus for charge time and Defense penetration!
    Especially since I'm going to use non-paranormal powers as well

Who knows, I will brainstorm in Powerhouse and let you know if I find a good theme build!
    Either that or I will return to my original plan to make it a theme build using Flaming Pumpking Device... which from my test, it deals less damage than my FIREBALL Focus DPS!

flowcyto wrote: »
    Uses Shadow Blast to initially apply Fear and Devoid to the main target, while charged Vengeance is the main filler, and DCollapse can refresh both debuffs in the background. Vengeance's RD adv can apply Vuln, Wither, Trapped, and Sentinel Mastery here, so you'll be a nice boon to groups. There's not many Celestial powers on paper, but you'll be using Vengeance as your main attack in practice anyways. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec (for SReverb), and some cost discount on gear.
    Of course making a DPS build that also functions as semi-support/debuffer with Sentinel Mastery is not a bad idea!

I have experienced it on 3 Builds, one of which is your Earth Manipulator that is still going strong even today after years, Even if it's really Glass cannon 👌 with just my additions of adding Hurl and Earth Splitter for their debuffs (the later fitting my theme with a specific weapon)

and in recent years I made a Metal Gear Solid inspired build using Bullet Beatdown stun adv along with other powers to fit the theme that has amazing survability! I'm gonna need to share that theme build in the future!

I would like to know your opinion on Avenger Mastery, which by looking again, the 5 seconds timeframe is not really good for this concept...
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I'm glad to hear my old Earth Manip build still holds up a bit, and the BB stun build also sounds fun 8)

As for Avenger Mastery.. it can be okay for a blast build, but it still has the downfall of only boosting a low-dps power to be sometimes decent instead, and yeah it won't proc much if you're mostly charging attacks. I dunno if it would mesh enough for the theme (even w/ re-coloring), but you could just use Rebuke w/ Avenger's Preemptive Strike to setup a stronger charged attack from another set (like ERuin, Defile, Ice Spear, TKL, FC, or Typhoon), or just use another set's better single-target maintain (like Soul Beam, TKA, LArc, or Incinerate) to proc AvMastery frequently for Rebuke in a high-crit build (pairing Avenger w/ Vindicator's Focused Strikes or Guardian's FtM, and prob w/ Dex-stacking + Chilled Form). You could get pretty solid single-target dps then, and just like w/ Devoid, you'd still be heavily importing from other sets/sources to help carry the dps (pretty much no way around that atm, though).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!