test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Ravenwood Academy lore

metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Fan Base Alpha
I'm trying to write a story with a character I created as Eclips2 who gets her powers from the moon's rays. I'm looking towards coming of age teen drama. I'm trying to achieve a dark undertone. The story involves a ghost girl trapped to wander the school for all eternity and another ghost demon released from a book in the library. I would like to use Ravenwood Academy as the school but I know absolutely nothing about its lore.

I might just invent stuff if I'm uncertain of anything. I'm to make the school as soon sorta superhero Hogwarts. Which involves a wide campuses and secret locations even one hidden underground as ancient tunnel. Part of the plot may be that the new school was built over the ordinary ancient school and passages buried underneath.

Any information on Ravenwood lore would be appreciated.

That's just another problem I have with the waste of the academy as game content. The campus on a whole should be an enter accessable zone to players by itself. Opening all doors and building with school missions. Should be able to enter classes follow stories lines. Meet NPC teachers, heroes etc... But that's not what I'm here to gripe about I just need lore info.
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Well, there's actually a lot of official information extant, both about the school and the typical conventions and plots of the teen superhero sub-genre, in a book published for the PnP side of Champions: Teen Champions. That book is quite reasonably priced for what it includes, and would give you more than enough to base your stories on. There are a couple of qualifiers, though: TC was written over a decade ago, so some details are probably out of date; and it doesn't cover the Millennium City campus, which Cryptic added while developing CO's version of MC (the original campus is suburban).

Since so much info is in a published book still on sale, it wouldn't be Fair Use of the IP to transcribe a lot of it to a public forum. However, I recognize that some people have financial issues even with something this inexpensive, so if you have specific questions we can try to provide more targeted answers. :)
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Let me offer you a few details from TC which could have a direct bearing on the story you suggest you'd like to write.

The main campus of Ravenswood Academy adjoins the small forest it's named after, which is home to an unusual number of ravens. Tens of thousands of years ago the site was the home of Muulyr Ravenscloak, a great Atlantean wizard and famous tutor of young students of the arcane arts. Muulyr has long since ascended to a higher plane, but the ravens maintain a connection with him and instinctively act to warn the students at the Academy of danger. No one today knows about the wizard, and the only time he intervened directly was to send dreams to Prince Marus of Atlantis when he was a student, which Marus considers only dreams. But there is a precedent there.

The campus has a mix of normal private school students and super youths, but unknown to the former, the latter take special classes in the secret Underground Hall, or U-Hall, an extensive set of facilities beneath the campus grounds. If you want the students to encounter something mysterious underground, perhaps hidden since the time of Muulyr, construction work to expand U-Hall might inadvertently break into it.

Directly beneath the campus's Reilman Library is the hidden Professor Arcane Library, housing among other works dealing with superhuman matters, a collection of rare books on esoteric subjects started by the Golden Age hero Professor Arcane, and continued by his widow who donated them to the school. There isn't supposed to be anything dangerous among them, but you never know when something might be discovered to be other than it initially appears.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    bulgarex wrote: »

The main campus of Ravenswood Academy adjoins the small forest it's named after, which is home to an unusual number of ravens. Tens of thousands of years ago the site was the home of Muulyr Ravenscloak, a great Atlantean wizard and famous tutor of young students of the arcane arts. Muulyr has long since ascended to a higher plane, but the ravens maintain a connection with him and instinctively act to warn the students at the Academy of danger.

It would be cool if the Devs could recolor the MC pigeons (that burst into flight when you get near then) to a black ravens version and plant them around the campus lawn, trees and rooftops.

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    That's should get me on my feet yeh
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix