test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Textures and Models Blurry & Low Quality

masterproteusmasterproteus Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Gameplay Bugs
Despite having all of the games settings maxed out, all textures in the game appear to be extremely low resolution and blurry, and various models in the game are extremely low quality, blocky and jaggy, like cardboard. The game simply refuses to render any textures and models properly. Is there something I can do about this?

EDIT - It seems that putting the game in half resolution actually improves the graphics compared to what I am usually getting.
Tagged:

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Check your Video Memory limit setting in Options under the Video tab and Troubleshooting section. Mine was set to auto and I started experiencing the same issue. Not sure why, since I think I was on Auto before I had the issue, but changing to the 1024+ setting seemed to fix it for me.
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    For some reason turning advanced settings off and then on again fixed it. If any other complications pop up(like having to do that every time I play the game) I will make another post in this thread.

EDIT - I've found the culprit. Turning on Anti-Aliasing seems to basically disable all graphical options, reducing them all to their worst possible state despite their actual setting in the video options. Turning on Anti-Aliasing suddenly caused everything to revert to a blocky, blurry, pixilated, card-board state. Why is the game like this?
    I have Antialiasing enabled and the visuals are fine. Maybe it's something with your video card or it's driver.
    Found an old post online that might be useful:

Useful graphics settings

If you find the game is having problems running smoothly some easy tweaks to the graphics can make a huge difference, these are the big differences in game I have found

comic style outlining , this has a HUGE possibly the biggest impact on processing , turn it off and you computer will thank you.

anti aliasing , most of the time you wont need this on or only at 2x if you have a decent resolution screen the lower the better if you have issues.

set your basic screen resolution to its native ( max basic ) setting

in the video options there is an option called half resolution , this is the one you need to click if you are in a massive event boss fight with lots of explody stuff and pew pews from loads of heroes all happening at the same time, it will look less pretty but should stop the screen from jerking around and the game from crashing , click off when the boss dude is toast

shadows , another big impact for processing power , the lower the better

max lights and physics debris same as shadows , lower is better for performance

all of the video options have a small explanation with them if you hover your cursor over them , telling you the impact it has on game play, in my experience not all the descriptions have the exact stated effects , it seems to be very dependent on your graphics card