test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nemesis specific Alert

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
It would be appreciated if we have a queue specifically for Nemesis permanently added to the Alert roster.
I like the Nemesis queue so much I do even when I don’t need it, to get in some readily available henchy defeats for my perk,

So adding an unique queue that is only Nemesis would be great.

If you’re going to espouse NemCon, please do not.
Every time I went in the past, the team had rushcleared the entire map and was at the first Nemesis by the time I was at the end of the corridor.
Since I wasn’t earning any henchy defeats and was just chasing after the team as they cleared section after section without waiting for me to keep up, there was no point in going anymore.
Also, I don’t like the final boss battle, it’s just wasting time with someone I am not interested in.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Wayyy too many "Default Buttugly Randomnamed Nemeses" appear the once in a full moon Nemesis Alert.
    Only times i've seen my Nemeses, are using the Creator.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Wayyy too many "Default Buttugly Randomnamed Nemeses" appear the once in a full moon Nemesis Alert.
    Only times i've seen my Nemeses, are using the Creator.

There's no real incentive to making a Nemesis anymore. The system has fallen so far behind, and a number of issues were never fixed. There's no sign of it ever being updated, or fixed. We have so much freedom when building heroes, as far as both looks and powers go, it's like sculpting with clay. With a nemesis, however, it is drastically limited, like trying to build with nothing but letter blocks. Sure you can make a great costume, but you're stuck with default weapons, limited powers, limited henchmen, and only three very generic personalities. It's funny that one of the game's biggest selling points during it's release has become it's most forgotten feature.
  • Options
    I’m not really concerned with the Nemesis themselves, I just want to defeat their Minions.
    For the Perks, dear reader, for the Perks.

But yes, I will affirm that most Nemesises I see, I look at them and think, if that’s a window into the mind of that person, then I’m looking into a criminal insane asylum.

FYI, I’ve kicked the rock 10 times and am Bored. ;)

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I’m not really concerned with the Nemesis themselves, I just want to defeat their Minions.
    For the Perks, dear reader, for the Perks.

But yes, I will affirm that most Nemesises I see, I look at them and think, if that’s a window into the mind of that person, then I’m looking into a criminal insane asylum.

FYI, I’ve kicked the rock 10 times and am Bored. ;)

Go. Hunt. Kill Sku....Chairs.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Yes, it's a pity that they stopped much real development of the Nemesis system. STE has been the only addition in years and I just don't find it very fun. Plus, why would my infernal dark sorcerer nemesis be doing something with sceince? I've got all the good costume pieces that I want from the Nemesis store (it'd be nice if they added some more good ones as a way to encourage old timers to do them again). It'd also be nice if they gave you the choice of reward to take (Nemesis, scr or questionite). Of course, nothing ruins a Nem mission like having another player's Nemsis be the one taken and that player has just used the default yellow and blue character costume, or doesn't even have a Nemesis and so one of the lame system ones appears Sure would be nice to have some fun new Nemesis content, but that's not likely to happen.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Yeah, compared to our build, Nemesises feel kindof bland.
    Yes, we can give them an awesome costume, but it’s like dressing up a standard mook in finery.

Maybe your nemesis read the Evil Overlord list?
    Rule 85: I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

• Options
    gynomightgynomight Posts: 93 Arc User
    I would love to see an all-nemesis alert! <3
    Also, it would be nice if player-created nemesis take top priority over randomly-created nemesis. We should never see a random nemesis unless, by chance, the whole team haven't created a nemesis yet. :/
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I think a huge boost to the Nemesis system would be adding the ATs as a Nemesis build. Then we could have more creative Nemeses. Also, fix the weapon issue so we can give them custom weapons.
  • Options
    I wanted to put laser blasters on my Nemesis Lizard people
    Only to find out alien weaponry was not an option! :'(

Why would I want to give them machines guns?

• Options
    kendaricvkendaricv Posts: 8 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    I think a huge boost to the Nemesis system would be adding the ATs as a Nemesis build. Then we could have more creative Nemeses. Also, fix the weapon issue so we can give them custom weapons.

^ This basically ^

The Nemesis system is dire need of an expansion.