test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220422.15 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2022 in PTS - The Archive
High Noon
  • Added Pitchfork and Endo legs costumes to the event store.

Powers
Guard
  • Weapon Cover: Fixed a bug where the shield on this power was higher than intended.

Power Gauntlet
  • Tooltip fix for how long targets are immune to interrupt effects.

New Harmon Taser Device
  • The hold effect on this device is now a Incapacitate.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where the Heraldy Hip Armor materials were not unlocking.
  • Fix an issue where the Wheelie feet were not showing under "both."
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Yet another fun power in PvE nerfed for the sake of PvP. A helpful and useful advantage for tanks and healers is now probably going to be worse than Retalliation again. RIP Guard.

Given the clearly implemented hard cap of 5k shield for the advantage, I'm very curious to see what the "intended" value is supposed to be. You could always implement PvP advantages to counter things like this, rather than answering to squeaky wheels, you know.

Oh well.
  • apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    This nerf seems really extreme. 1k shield and 3 seconds to summon the shield completely defeats the purpose of the advantage and borderline makes it useless. im going to suggest a few changes that would make more sense instead of completely gutting the power like it is currently on pts.

Add a cooldown to shield effect itself that lasts for 8-10 seconds. this cooldown should start when the shield fully depletes and the shield should not be able to be refreshed before this time.

Change the max shield to 3k instead of 5k.

Allow force field inverting advantages such as "Field Inversion" to cancel out the shield from this power.

Also as a side note, on pts it does not state that you must be blocking for longer now to activate the shield, it still says 2 seconds but it is longer then the current live value so that cannot be accurate.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Another reason why PvP and PvE should always be separated and have its own powers or variants for it. I hate how every Online game that has both suffers under such.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    They had already previously fixed the bug that allowed the shielding to be higher than intended.

As at least one other player shows in their Signature, it could be 77k or higher using this n that. 5k hard cap seemed a good place for a 3pt advantage.

Now, just like the other blocks that changed the lingering buff from a 1pt advantage to a 3pt, it is not worth using in endgame content.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    At least give us retcon tokens if you're going to nerf a power into the ground like this.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    the scaling on the shield should be more focused on con and the role, giving it caps 3k on lots of con and tank role, and the least at dps role
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

This just in .
    Players aren't allowed to have too much fun, hence needs to always nerf strong powers.. /devs.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    This just in .
    Players aren't allowed to have too much fun, hence needs to always nerf strong powers.. /devs.

To me if feels like they hate us having fun and want us to grind and toil in an endless cycle.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    they drag things out and make it hard to force us to play longer, to me this just makes me want to do something else thats more fun.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    [*] Weapon Cover: Fixed a bug where the shield on this power was higher than intended.

*Laughs in thematic builder
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Haven't done high noon this year... I find the rewards not bad but not too exciting either. Variety is good but it doesn't wow me.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • kaiserin at least have the decency to give away a retcon tokens to the players affected by your nerf i can come to the assumption that you hate pvp that's why you mess up some powers so they don't work like they were before but let me tell you the community will always find a way to overcome difficulties apart from the pvp does not represent any problem because technically it is dead the only reason why it is still playing because there are people who find it fun but just for that fun we do not gain resources and nothing when winning or losing so I do not understand how it affects you both the pvp?
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    kaiserin at least have the decency to give away a retcon tokens to the players affected by your nerf i can come to the assumption that you hate pvp that's why you mess up some powers so they don't work like they were before but let me tell you the community will always find a way to overcome difficulties apart from the pvp does not represent any problem because technically it is dead the only reason why it is still playing because there are people who find it fun but just for that fun we do not gain resources and nothing when winning or losing so I do not understand how it affects you both the pvp?

Check out this week's patch notes.

Powers
    Guard
    • Weapon Cover: Fixed a bug where the shield on this power was capping out higher than intended. Previously it was capping out at a 5000 point shield, where the intended value was 1000.
    • Players who owned this advantage have received a free respec.
This discussion has been closed.