test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soldier 3.0

blackmass#4403 blackmass Posts: 26 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Builds and Roles
My current revision of my og munitions toon I decided to bring back out since coming back into the game.
Soldier Boy - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.45:38

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Soldier (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
Level 18: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 21: Martial Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Rec: 3)

Powers
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
Level 6: Killer Instinct
Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Rocket (Rank 2, Red Hot Fury)
Level 14: Concentration
Level 17: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Uncompromising)
Level 23: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Smoke Bomb
Level 35: Thundering Return
Level 38: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Swinging (Rank 2)

Specializations
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Aggression (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (1/3)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (2/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Thoughts, comments, concerns my only thing is probably GG>AR and the 1 point i have remaining for the build to change what to what still contemplating, and if I'd probably want to swap something for more aoe.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Unfortunately, Gatling Gun can't refresh Armor Piercing on tap anymore (once it's already up), so if you want a more reliable AP debuff source for AR that's also long-range then you'll have to take something like Straight Shot w/ adv in Archery. Although Gatling is okay for long-ranged AoE, you'll still want AR for higher single-target dmg, and you prob want the Furious refresh adv on Gatling if using AR's Uncompromising adv (Rocket's nerf to being a longer cd will lower Furious uptime by itself), and then you can just tap Gatling to refresh Furious. You could opt just take R3 on AR too, if you want a more straightforward dmg boost for it (albeit w/ lower optimal dps from it).

Preemptive Strike in Avenger spec also won't affect anything, since there's no Blast power here (you could still keep Avenger spec, or switch to Guardian w/ Find the Mark). I may also pass on '+%Offense from gear' spec options if you aren't using gear w/ a large bonus to Offense, but it's up to you. Also, Holdout Shot will be limited to 50ft, so if you wanted Stim Pack at any range then you could get Mini Mines w/ it instead, since the heal adv works w/ just activating the power.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    blackmass#4403 blackmass Posts: 26 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Gatling Gun can't refresh Armor Piercing on tap anymore (once it's already up), so if you want a more reliable AP debuff source for AR that's also long-range then you'll have to take something like Straight Shot w/ adv in Archery. Although Gatling is okay for long-ranged AoE, you'll still want AR for higher single-target dmg, and you prob want the Furious refresh adv on Gatling if using AR's Uncompromising adv (Rocket's nerf to being a longer cd will lower Furious uptime by itself), and then you can just tap Gatling to refresh Furious. You could opt just take R3 on AR too, if you want a more straightforward dmg boost for it (albeit w/ lower optimal dps from it).

Preemptive Strike in Avenger spec also won't affect anything, since there's no Blast power here (you could still keep Avenger spec, or switch to Guardian w/ Find the Mark). I may also pass on '+%Offense from gear' spec options if you aren't using gear w/ a large bonus to Offense, but it's up to you. Also, Holdout Shot will be limited to 50ft, so if you wanted Stim Pack at any range then you could get Mini Mines w/ it instead, since the heal adv works w/ just activating the power.

oh word didnt know about those lil changes so Ill switch it up a bit thanks