What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic is becoming a Gearbox Studio!

2»

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Has ownership changed over yet? Are there any new expectations or directives from the new owners?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Even more important to know, has Ambassadorkael managed to get to level 10 yet ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    kmaximuskmaximus Posts: 3 Arc User
    My 2 cents: I really enjoyed running and playing Champions the pnp rpg. The Hero System was very well thought out as a universal system for all types. Champions Online is about half way to being that. If they went the rest of the way, you'd have a system you could do anything with. Customizations would be as awesome for character builds as it is for costumes. Food for thought.
  • Options
    Also, Bring back the Foundry! CO could really use one for community based content creation/ideas/contests. Dessert for thought.
  • Options
    CO never had a foundry. I think some other Cryptic games did have it, but it was discontinued due to being too time consuming to maintain.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Huh? On the home page it has:
    "ambassadorkael•
    March 24 in Super News Network"
    but nothing here and no indication that the OP was altered. Did someone delete his post?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I love how they can delete comments but not even bother to pretend to see questions. They cannot even say 'Give us more time and you get an answer.' Not very satisfying for a game I continue to invest in. Please stop censoring us for little to no reason.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I don't want to criticize harsh but Keal himself, though an apperanty nice guy, hosts a Costume Contest and doesn't know the feather back is a Dev store item bought from the rewards of that very contest. He said it in the twitch stream that he couldnt find it ingame to make the poster. Very well done. So keep censoring players and think the game will progress. They can check up a tiny bit more on what players are asking and not come around once like a comet.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I don't want to criticize harsh but Keal himself, though an apperanty nice guy, hosts a Costume Contest and doesn't know the feather back is a Dev store item bought from the rewards of that very contest. He said it in the twitch stream that he couldnt find it ingame to make the poster. Very well done. So keep censoring players and think the game will progress. They can check up a tiny bit more on what players are asking and not come around once like a comet.

Or un-cage accounts like me, it was supposed to run out 25th February, still have the cage in my face, written to both Kael and Kaiserin, Kaiserin responded to talk to Kael, no effect yet still or answer. And on the contest, I have seen many times one guy using basically a mild variation of the Invincible AT costume, yet calling it unique, sees how much they seem to engage with the game itself.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited March 2022

Or un-cage accounts like me, it was supposed to run out 25th February, still have the cage in my face, written to both Kael and Kaiserin, Kaiserin responded to talk to Kael, no effect yet still or answer. And on the contest, I have seen many times one guy using basically a mild variation of the Invincible AT costume, yet calling it unique, sees how much they seem to engage with the game itself.

Edit: After re-logging it finally got the cage removed it seems, either it not updates if not relog, or they have only done it recently. Still was very late and would have like a note or message about it.

(was supposed to be an edit, but I miss clicked now, so quote instead)
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    CO never had a foundry. I think some other Cryptic games did have it, but it was discontinued due to being too time consuming to maintain.

You're right. It was STO and Neverwinter Online who had them. STO on particular had some really fun, creative and innovative stories. Basically "Free" ideas and content. What helped to kill them were the "grind arenas" players would create to meet various achievements. While I'm sure they to time to maintain, ANYTHING we ask for will take time and resources to maintain. At least this would let players give back something.
  • Options
    If they didn't find it cost effective to maintain a foundry for their cash cows, they aren't going to implement one at this stage for the red-headed, bastard stepchild, unless those who want one start a Gofundme campaign ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    I noticed Gearbox Publishing logo next to Arc while loading forum page. But still noting said to update I see.
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    I just had a thought when I spotted the Gearbox Publishing logo in the corner of the launcher window:

Does this now mean that Gearbox owns the Champions IP, or does it still fall under the control of Perfect World Entertainment?
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    Does this now mean that Gearbox owns the Champions IP, or does it still fall under the control of Perfect World Entertainment?
    The Champions IP is owned by Cryptic, so if Cryptic gets sold, the IP goes along with it.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Posts: 1 Arc User
    Good luck to Gearbox. I'm just hoping they'll fix some 'problems' with STO. Not holding my breath though.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Can we get a server in Australia? would be appreciated, kay-thanks-bye.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."