test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lady Hawk quest chain question

metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Missions and Content
Just going to ask this here.

I did death rattle twice yesterday and didn't get the Lemurian Gaze aura. The news station mission never came about. But I have it bound on a different character that doesn't need it in any shape or form. I got around the time it was just released and locked on that toon. Was the mission pulled? Is there something I might be remembering differently? I only wanted the Eye Gaze aura. I thought was on the later quest. I need help.

I reach as far as Dr Ka on the toon that needs the eye aura but now I have a melee weapon on a character that has no weapons and only uses optic beam. The next missing give a soccery tranformation. I do not know why you people expect people to play the series on a magic only character either.

All I can think of is insulting the people that made these bounded for hours straight we no end. But luckily for them I cannot. Theses should be account bounded you absolute turkey fingers! Getting items bounded to characters that wouldn't use them is so dumb. Why can't you people just make the game properly?

I'm not doing the series any more because of all the character bounded crap. So I have to do the series on every character that needs just one thing from that quest chain? No no no, no no no and no!

Change these rewards to account bound immediately! IMMEDIATELY!
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I understand what you are saying...but nothing, literally nothing stops you from putting the other rewards on other characters into storage.

Or discarding them.

They are kinda okay as is. A bit of a pain to work through, but that's why it is probably good form to do serial stuff account wide so you don't have the 20hr CD nightmare when you attempt it on another alt.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I rather have it so then having to make a list of account bound stuff I can only get once and if I want to use it have to search it. This way I can put it on the chars I want and as theravenforce said, nothing stops you just putting it on the back (what I do) or discard it.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, you need to understand that these simple missions were created by our current devs, and so they think they are really cool and perfect and you should be grateful for any new content at all :p.

I think that the only extra that I have used from these missions is the weapon glow aura (looks really good on my celestial chainsaw).

However, if you are really doing these serial missions for the extras, you are missing the main point to them. The devs created them to provide insane amounts of extra scr and Q. There is really no other reason to run them since most of the mods that drop are fairly pointless, and, as you note, the other rewards are character bound. Doing the first 2 serial sets and the QWZ dailies will provide you with more scr than you know what to do with.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Aside from the weapon aura. The rest can be useful depending on what you want or do not for appearances.
    The titles of the auras are meaningless for visual purposes, just as for powers. Say its whatever and roll. Dont want a magic transform? Say its radiation or psi or pixie dust.

I like some of the auras and transforms from the series and use one or another on various alts. But theres always going to be awards or drops that just dont fit. Sell em, trade em, delete em.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The bonus individual mission items are BoP or I would have been selling them for months now. Only choices are to dump them into a character specific bank account or discard them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    In my opinion, most players prefer things to be Bind On Equip or Bind On Account.

This way a player can play the character they WANT in order to get something for another character OR to sell it to others, building up currency to buy something else that THEY want.

By enforcing a Bind On Pickup strategy discourages players from repeating content the way THEY want to play it. I know I'd be playing more content IF I knew the rewards were passable to other characters on my account or sellable to other players.

And, it'd be a healthier game economy, I believe. Initially, some items would be high priced on the Auction House. But, as more players play and put things into the Auction House, prices would become more reasonable. Of course, this idea doesn't always prove true, especially when drop rates are so low for the highly desirable items.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Bah! I forgot this exists. Solution. I just stop doing the content. It's a dunce dumb and blind policy and that's that.

I was more trying to ask why the lemarian eye arua only dropped on one toon and not the next.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    At least the one Transformation unlocks Account wide when you unlocked 10 for the perk, other one for some reason not has such tho. But early to get, while the rest can be troublesome, like the Piranha Aura, basically locked behind the War on Peace OM.