test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what costume piece makes chest body invisible?

I've seen one or two toons in the server pull off a full invisible body before, but kept armor pieces visible, and some full body energy auras to make something like a possessed armor character.

but I'm not exactly sure if there's a costume piece out there that can make it (turn the body into holoforce material, then set the color to pitch black to make the costume piece invisible) i also know that you can make your limbs invisible with the partial option in the chest and legs tabs.

is there really a costume piece out there that can do that?

Comments

• Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    There is no way to make the chest, waist, hands, or feet invisible. There are ways, however, to mix certain auras so that only the auras are visible. The most common way I've personally seen it done is using a Cosmic aura that only effects the body, and stacking other body auras on top. Then adding layered pieces of armor (chest layer, bracers, arm/leg accessories, etc.) so it looks like the armor is being filled with the aura.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    There is no way to make the chest, waist, hands, or feet invisible.
    There used to be methods to make most of the chest disappear with costume creator glitches, but they haven't worked in years.
  • Options
    dialamx wrote: »
    There is no way to make the chest, waist, hands, or feet invisible.
    There used to be methods to make most of the chest disappear with costume creator glitches, but they haven't worked in years.

Those haven't worked since they redid the creator and removed a lot of the costume restrictions. That use to be the only way to get invisible arms and legs, before they added Partial options.
  • Options
    locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 331 Arc User
    People are still very much making chest, arms, and legs invisible. So "you can't" isn't a good answer here.

The secret may very well be hidden in the auras. But it can be done still. I saw one last week.
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Try material body. They use to be in drifter store but idk if they where moved.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    People are still very much making chest, arms, and legs invisible. So "you can't" isn't a good answer here.

The secret may very well be hidden in the auras. But it can be done still. I saw one last week.

You saw one where the chest was completely invisible? Or you saw one where the chest was invisible but you could see an aura? There's a difference. And the Arms and Legs being invisible is a costume option, no one's saying that can't be done. There's also plenty of methods for making the chest appear to be gone, when it's actually not, but I have yet to see a single person with the chest fully gone.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    I have a character with invisible chest and arms from the old, now defunct glitches. Seems that the outfit has been grandfathered in, and still functions, though if I try and edit the costume the chest and arms reappear. It's possible you're seeing costumes from before that change.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited February 2023
    Try material body. They use to be in drifter store but idk if they where moved.

They're in the Questionite Store. There's are ghost materials that make body parts transparent (though none that make them disappear).
    Post edited by dikawolf on
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!