test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/24/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,079 Cryptic Developer
Circus Malvanum
  • This event is over, the vendor will stick around for a week.

Forum Malvanum
  • Added additional ambience in between rounds when cutscenes are skipped.

Dev Store
  • Added past contest participation titles to the store.
  • Added Frame emote to the store.

Dev Costume Contests
  • Added perk titles for participating in the end of contest open missions.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,426 Arc User
    The interval between Defender's training program and Foxbatcon would have been perfect for FUSION/CRAFTING WEEK
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Is there a way to unlock the Frame emote account-wide, or will each and every character that wants to use it need to spend 3 dev tokens?
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I believe that unless it says otherwise, Dev-unlocks are account wide. Might need to check on that, though.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    I believe that unless it says otherwise, Dev-unlocks are account wide. Might need to check on that, though.

Bind on Pickup
    9eitwft09rea.png
    2wsalmgsyqdf.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    How about the title for winning the Winter Costume Contest? I'm still waiting for that...
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    The whole "cutscene skip" mechanic doesn't work, since you made it so one person can immediately run in and decide "yes" for everyone.
    Just leave if people rush in. Then requeue.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just leave if people rush in. Then requeue.
    Doesn't seem like a great solution tbh. Big time waster.

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    Ambience in FM removes Toggle, Active Defense, Active Offense, many addition buffs from healing patch-like devices, Sneak, and Party Cannon buff. Need to test out more stuff to see if they're effected.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Way to ruin it, I guess it's time to ignore this alert again.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    So FM pretty much went back to the way it was but now has skippable cutscenes and a chance to drop a DUC. I'm good.
    Well, got some fun quick runs in while it lasted.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Disconnection during Cybermind wall room landed me in the lobby. I could not get back in till the boss fight was over. Please make it so that players can port back in before the boss fight.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    It's amazing how fast they can "fix" things when people are happy with the changes.
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 179 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    It's amazing how fast they can "fix" things when people are happy with the changes.

Still waiting on a myriad of fixes for years-old bugs in powers, like Noxious Poison not being refreshed by poison refreshers, or TKBlade not scaling with / benefiting from Vindi Mastery. But no-patch-notes stealthing the Burden of Beastmen rework onto Live during the Forum Malvanum week was more important I s'pose!

... Heh. Burden of Beastmen. BoB.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,024 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Added additional "ambience" in between rounds when cutscenes are skipped.
    Gotta love how the word ambience is being used here, complety ambiguous use of the word of what it means in context without explaining what it actually changes

Here I thought it means the enviroment light will change as you progress deeper to the rounds to reflect the difficulty, but nope it was made to clip the players

Way to go! Way to ruin a perfectly fine update
    qawsada wrote: »
    Ambience in FM removes Toggle, Active Defense, Active Offense, many addition buffs from healing patch-like devices, Sneak, and Party Cannon buff. Need to test out more stuff to see if they're effected.
    God Forbid having fun on this insufferable DPS-Race Enemy and Boss rush now that the cutscene spam is gone
    Still waiting on a myriad of fixes for years-old bugs in powers, like Noxious Poison not being refreshed by poison refreshers, or TKBlade not scaling with / benefiting from Vindi Mastery. But no-patch-notes stealthing the Burden of Beastmen rework onto Live during the Forum Malvanum week was more important I s'pose!

https://youtu.be/yh0yAzpGAzA
    And here I thought it was just the Stealth mini-buff on Furious going Undocumented on the official patch notes!
    You guys Revamped Burden of Beastmen and didn't say a word on the official documents for 2 weeks now!? How are we suppose to know that?
    Why do we even have Patch notes? This is as useful as the Blog news which keeps constantly putting the wrong dates and time durations for Event!

And no it's freaking annoying, not only the number of 50 Manimal Raiders, defeat 20 Brutal Raiders and then defeat Chimera in 4 Minutes
    Chimera now spams even more Knock powers back-to-back while keep summoning Minions... FUN TIMES
    I defeated the Chimera 12 seconds only left, and he used 3-4 of those seconds to play his Dizzy-defeated animation! I imagine the OM would fail because i run out of time!

What's the benefits of this revamps? What are the rewards? Why are the rewards?
    And why is Chimera teasing us with a New EARTH power that is a combination of melee punching to the ground AOE using the Earthquake ultimate impact visuals!

And his Nuclear Shockwave can 1-shot you even as a tank if you don't block

And before anyone pulls the "Nobody does this OM mission anyway" A lot of people including myself are doing it during Defender's Leveling program!
    and if it has new rewards, of course more would want to do it as well

Now you revamped this Legacy OM on 40+ Level standards, along with the annoying mechanic of spamming mobs full of Crowd Control and Knock spam which you think its "Good difficulty design" even since Save the Earth
    in an area primary surrounded by lvl 30+ players trying to run around and do missions for Father Elk!

Endgamers don't care for this mission, Casual players wont even touch it and people like me who enjoy doing Solo content have to deal with the insuffrable difficulty spike and Mob spam!
    Why would you do that?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Best part is that it doesn't seem to have had any testing on PTS for feedback.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Content being worked on has been accidentally put into live before. I suspect the Chimera battle may have as well.
    Content being worked on has been accidentally put into live before. I suspect the Chimera battle may have as well.

People both in-game and on the Discord talked to Kaiserin about it during Malvanum week and it wasn't reverted, so my assumption is that this was intentional, either at that time, or retroactively made intentional.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    All I want regarding the OM changes is communication. If these changes are intentional, please explain what has changed, if there are new drops now, and the details of the new stuff. If this isn't intentional, regardless of why it's been on Live for 2 weeks now, why do we still not have a word from the devs as to what's going on with it?

I've actually been really excited about the OM changes, but with the lack of communication, I don't know if there are new drops to bother with, or if all of these changes are just going to get poofed away in the next patch. For Pete's sake, just say something.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Deja-vu to that open mission in downtown during Double Exp. Weekends! :#
    Now I am curious, are there any changes to the rewards at the end of Burden of the Beastmen? Or is it just tougher, with no corresponding increase in reward?
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Now I am curious, are there any changes to the rewards at the end of Burden of the Beastmen? Or is it just tougher, with no corresponding increase in reward?

So far, it seems like there's no change to the rewards, which is strange considering the new, shiny costume bits Chimera has, but then it wouldn't surprise me if we just went the War on Peace route of "0.2% drop rate for each shiny" and nobody's ever seen anything drop solely because so few people care to run BoB as it is.

Would be nice if we could get confirmation, but at least to my knowledge, we haven't, and probably won't for quite some time.