Options

Server Restart 3/10/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
Server restart today.​​

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,080 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Happy to get a restart as it clears the ghosts that tend to linger at the Open Mission TeamUps.

Update after logging in: It didn't seem to clean up the ghosts as they still existed at a couple of the Cosmic OMs.​​
    Post edited by warcanch on

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    The News page for the latest Defender event reads that it ends tomorrow, 3/15, rather than Thursday, 3/17. Is this a change, or a typo on Kael's part?
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    The News page for the latest Defender event reads that it ends tomorrow, 3/15, rather than Thursday, 3/17. Is this a change, or a typo on Kael's part?

I've pointed this out multiple times and they have chosen not to clarify. Confusion seems preferred.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,080 Arc User
    A 5 1/2 hour maintenance scheduled for Tuesday morning 3/15 seems to indicate that will be the end of Defender Training.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    A 5 1/2 hour maintenance scheduled for Tuesday morning 3/15 seems to indicate that will be the end of Defender Training.​​
    That or it's a server farm maint and not patch day?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User

Yes I was also confused by this. It appears (for the moment) that the only accurate information was the date of 3/15 since the news pages states 9am Pacific Time, but server down at 5am PT. I had planned to log in early and buy level ups if a downtime was scheduled or to keep leveling if Thursday was the be the patch day (as stated on ingame news information. So, now for the second time I've had an issue with DTP. First, I got a token bug of some sort when buying the new sneakers (charged me for 2 tokens though cost is one) and now my 2nd leveling toon won't be able to reach 40 in time (unless maintenance has nothing to do with DTP).

Please extend DTP to Thursday morning 9am PT so those of use misled by ingame info can finish our 40s.
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User

Always assume that the website is wrong if the in-game Welcome Window displays the information differently. What's implemented in-game will always be correct, at least in context to time.

It is easy to think just because maintenance is happening that it means the end of an event, but do bear in mind that CO isn't the only server Cryptic runs, and Tuesday maintenance to alter events only happens during the holidays.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    The event goes until 3/17, 7am.​​
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    Thanks, Kaiserin! Looking after us rabid fans as always. <3:)
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg