test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Costume Suggestion - Retro Black Mask

historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
With Anniversary 6 months away, here's my suggestion for a retro costume that hasn't been done yet: Black Mask from this Vibora Bay sourcebook cover.

eiw1iuL.jpg?1

Suggested parts breakdown:

* the hair - always love new hair, especially long, stylish hair
* eyebrows - because we've been at this for years with only two realistic eyebrows to choose - basic or aggressive. How about pencil-thin?
* double-diamond mask - we have similar basic masks, but not the signature double-diamond one worn by prior Black Masks
* the tights - ideally with a unique material layer resembling "wet look" fabric, and the diamond cut outs
* the high neck - we have things somewhat like that, but not the thickness in the image. Could be good for a range of costumes (turtlenecks?)
* the belt - Cybernetic Cowboy has a similar one; this could have the accessory pockets
* gloves/boots - technically we already have these "extra long" accessories in game, just not with the diamond cut-out pattern.

Diamond cut outs might be nice as options rather than a hard feature of the items so that the costume has more versatility. Emblem, belt accessory, arm accessory, leg accessory as one unlock?

Also: as someone who likes to design tights-wearing crime fighters, one thing I'd say is missing in CO is a detail layer for just basic seams and maybe even zippers. Sometimes you want the seamless look... but sometimes you don't!

Items like the eyebrows, or the gloves boots, might be good as a concession to just add without making us grind for them. We have always lacked eyebrow options, and the gloves/boots pretty much exist, they just need the diamond cut-out added.

Comments

• Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    That'd be a good choice! Dip into the Vibora Bay characters more, especially since I feel like they've done all the Champions and several of the big villains (they've done Dr. Destroyer twice now!). Like otherwise I'm not even sure what we'd get. Retro VIPER?

The hair would be a great addition, and yeah, a new set of eyebrows would be pretty useful, maybe not as an event thing though.
    Post edited by heartstringsk3 on