FC.31.20220202.10 - New Dark Power

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Powers
New Power: Shadow Scheme
  • Available in the Champion Recognition Store
  • Darkness Framework
  • 30 Second Recharge
  • Creates a sigil every 2 seconds at a random location within 20ft of your target's initial location until 5 have been created. They explode a second after being created.
  • Each Sigil can either Knock Back, Up, Towards or Down a target.
  • Additionally, targets can also either be Rooted, Stunned, Paralyzed, Confused or debuffed with Devoid.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    This seems like a cool power. Can't wait to try it out. I like how it seems a little chaos magic/bane inspired with it's random effects.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    so is this how it's going to be locking powers behind a grind wall of curency in game, if so i am done with this i come to have fun and play not grind my but off to unlock a power or a costume option that really is mostly cosmetic changes and have no real affect on the game balance, this goes for auras as well.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Give this power a restoration advantage because its cooldown is 30 seconds.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    so is this how it's going to be locking powers behind a grind wall of currency in game, if so i am done with this i come to have fun and play not grind my but off to unlock a power or a costume option that really is mostly cosmetic changes and have no real affect on the game balance, this goes for auras as well.

There's nothing new with some powers being sold in the Rec vendor store, Onslaught vendor store or in lockboxes. New powers have been freely added to powersets as well. It's a mix and it's been that way for years. I just bought the fire lunge and it was cheaper than I expected. I thought it would cost gold rec as well as silver. For 150 silver, I really don't see that as a massive grind wall.
    Just tried this in the PH. Nice look, nice utility for disrupting mobs and really nice damage. I'll definitely be respeccing a toon to use this power. Already looking forward to using this in Save the Earth and Forum Malvanum! :)
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    so is this how it's going to be locking powers behind a grind wall of currency in game, if so i am done with this i come to have fun and play not grind my but off to unlock a power or a costume option that really is mostly cosmetic changes and have no real affect on the game balance, this goes for auras as well.

There's nothing new with some powers being sold in the Rec vendor store, Onslaught vendor store or in lockboxes. New powers have been freely added to powersets as well. It's a mix and it's been that way for years. I just bought the fire lunge and it was cheaper than I expected. I thought it would cost gold rec as well as silver. For 150 silver, I really don't see that as a massive grind wall.

It costs: 350 SCR, 175 GCR, & 100,000 Q.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Anyone who is quitting the game over having to buy this power in the vendor, please send me all your DUCs. I promise to give them a good home. Also happy to take all r7 mods.

You know it's not over "just one thing". It's all of the piling on, as he was describing. One thing... one more thing ... one more thing ... etc. That the Dev(s) don't listen to feedback about.

This is not new nor should it be dismissed out of hand, as some of you are doing.​​

edited February 2022
    warcanch wrote: »

It costs: 350 SCR, 175 GCR, & 100,000 Q.​​

For Scorching Impact, It's 350 Silver and 50,000 Q and no Gcr. My bad, I should have double-checked the price to make sure I remembered it correctly. Still happy with my purchase, don't see this as a massive grind wall and don't think all new powers will be put into the Rec store.
    Post edited by spookyspectre on
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Anyone who is quitting the game over having to buy this power in the vendor, please send me all your DUCs. I promise to give them a good home. Also happy to take all r7 mods.

You know it's not over "just one thing". It's all of the piling on, as he was describing. One thing... one more thing ... one more thing ... etc. That the Dev(s) don't listen to feedback about.

This is not new nor should it be dismissed out of hand, as some of you are doing.​​

Sure, expcept the complaints above leading to quitting were not specific except for having to buy the power with not real money.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20220202.11

Minor Update:

Hydra
    • Fixed an issue where this power was considered a melee ability for damage scaling.
    • Lowered overall damage of the Hydra attacks, but increased the frequency that they attack. (3 sec to 1.5 sec). Overall DPS remains the same.
    • Fixed a bug where the Clinging Flames caused by the Hydras did not count as the player's.
    • Lowered activation time (1.5 to 1)
    • Visual updates.
    ​​
    Bonus! \o/ <3
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    I gotta say, I'm very happy to see powers become the focus of updates
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Finally something to spend the capped 1000/1000 scr/gcr piles on.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited February 2022

To be fair, I do understand the gripe of this, where you lock things behind a Grind (or paywall), but I had the same mindset when I looked at the OV powers, in this case (Lance Rain) I hated how it was locked behind a Grind, but I decided (with enough talking from a friend) to get off my lazy butt and do it and here I am, farmed it and it wasn't terrible either.

Sure, Sliver and Gold Rec, is a bit of a pain, as you need to do High End content, but IIRC, the powers only cost Sliver, not Gold

Edit: Also, it's a single power, that by looks of things, is a reskin of Arcane Runes, but with different effects added on, so not sure what the fuss is about?. It's not like it's a new power set.

Psi.

To be fair, I do understand the gripe of this, where you lock things behind a Grind (or paywall), but I had the same mindset when I looked at the OV powers, in this case (Lance Rain) I hated how it was locked behind a Grind, but I decided (with enough talking from a friend) to get off my lazy butt and do it and here I am, farmed it and it wasn't terrible either.

Sure, Sliver and Gold Rec, is a bit of a pain, as you need to do High End content, but IIRC, the powers only cost Sliver, not Gold

Edit: Also, it's a single power, that by looks of things, is a reskin of Arcane Runes, but with different effects added on, so not sure what the fuss is about?. It's not like it's a new power set.

Comments stating things without research don't help.

The recent Fire lunge cost 350 SCR and 50k Q, on Live.

The power in this thread costs 350 SCR, 175 GCR, and 100k Q, so far, from the PTS.

The only reason I nitpick is when players say things like "it doesn't cost THAT much" and then post an incorrectly low cost.

Additionally, players that are maxed on SCR/GCR find the purchasing of these powers "super easy, barely an inconvenience". While most newer players do not. But, that's a different discussion.​​

• ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

The power in this thread costs 350 SCR, 175 GCR, and 100k Q, so far, from the PTS.

The only reason I nitpick is when players say things like "it doesn't cost THAT much" and then post an incorrectly low cost.

Additionally, players that are maxed on SCR/GCR find the purchasing of these powers "super easy, barely an inconvenience". While most newer players do not. But, that's a different discussion.​​

When powers only cost GCR/SCR and Q it says to me "this costs playing the game for awhile". I really see this as best case scenario
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
    most people who threaten to quit over another power being added to a store probably wont, some of them will probably even go on to purchase the item, they just want it to be free, but dont forget this is a business too, play hours matter, player retention matters, if you want CO to die fast make everything free. no challenge = no reason to play, there has to be challenge at some level for all types of players both to enjoy and to continue to play, once you achieve all your goals with a character what then? you get bored, might aswell make it a journey to completion.

I honnestly think there should be more emphasis on playing the content that is already in game, theres thousands of missions people ignore lots of signature villains people never take down, yes we have a perks list but i think perk points should be used in a way that lets us purchase milestone items to encourage players to play through missions similarly to how adventure packs work. also more pvp rewards to encourage pvp play. but let us pay for what we want with ingame currency.

The only thing i disagree with is deleting our event currencies at the end of the year... some of us can only save up for the next event due to lack of real world time to play the game... thats what i did, then when i lost it all it really sucked and i felt it wasnt explained in good time or visibly enough otherwise i would have spent what I had.
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
    and i dont mean like how you can get a perk and buy stuff with until points i mean milestones like reach 2000 perk points = you can buy X item from an exclusive vendor or something.
    most people who threaten to quit over another power being added to a store probably wont, some of them will probably even go on to purchase the item, they just want it to be free, but dont forget this is a business too, play hours matter, player retention matters, if you want CO to die fast make everything free.

The above is a misnomer.

The game survives because players BUY/SPEND REAL MONEY to buy Zen and the Lifetime Sub.

The company doesn't make money if you trade Q for Zen, nor building up in-game currency that can be acquired in-game.​​

Additionally, players that are maxed on SCR/GCR find the purchasing of these powers "super easy, barely an inconvenience". While most newer players do not. But, that's a different discussion.

When powers only cost GCR/SCR and Q it says to me "this costs playing the game for awhile". I really see this as best case scenario

We get powers/devices via in-game currency AND through real-money-transaction to purchase KEYS to open lockboxes. And, the Devs have created free, new powers.

So, technically, I would not call this "best case scenario".

And I wouldn't call it bad, either. Cost in time and effort to acquire is a factor. As several have mentioned, if it just takes doing stuff in-game and grinding a while, then that is fine. Everyone differs on this, of course. As some have limited time and are very happy when they get new stuff for free or little effort. What you call "little effort" will surely be different for someone else.​​

• ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    The company doesn't make money if you trade Q for Zen, nor building up in-game currency that can be acquired in-game.​​

That's not entirely true. A player seeing other players playing the game builds community and makes people stick around (and maybe spend money). If the game was just empty then nobody would be around to buy keys.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    The company doesn't make money if you trade Q for Zen, nor building up in-game currency that can be acquired in-game.

That's not entirely true. A player seeing other players playing the game builds community and makes people stick around (and maybe spend money). If the game was just empty then nobody would be around to buy keys.

It is completely true.

A game full of players, whether old and/or new are not generating a cash flow by just playing the game. Unless they or others are BUYING ZEN and/or the LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION or somehow still have an unlapsed, legacy subscription.

Your comment is a hope that is encouraging players to stay, play, enjoy, etc. But, until someone spends real-money, they are not generating any real-money cash flow to the game. This point cannot be argued as "not entirely true".

I don't mean to derail the main part of this thread. If you'd care to discuss the finance part in a different thread, I'd be happy to join it.​​

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @warcanch said:
    > It is completely true.
    >
    > A game full of players, whether old and/or new are not generating a cash flow by just playing the game. Unless they or others are BUYING ZEN and/or the LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION or somehow still have an unlapsed, legacy subscription.
    >
    > Your comment is a hope that is encouraging players to stay, play, enjoy, etc. But, until someone spends real-money, they are not generating any real-money cash flow to the game. This point cannot be argued as "not entirely true".
    >
    > I don't mean to derail the main part of this thread. If you'd care to discuss the finance part in a different thread, I'd be happy to join it.​​

I think the point that's being made is that, while yes, it's technically true that they don't make money off of recog rewards, those rewards are still important to the health of the game. A lot of players have already earned a lot of the rewards they want from the recog store, myself included. This content encourages those players, many of whom spend money on stuff like keys, to continue playing the game for the reward of these powers.

Of course, we'd all love to get these powers for free, but admittedly if that happened, it would mean less to work towards, and less to play for. No, this doesn't really apply to all players, but it's important to a lot of them to have some motivation to keep playing.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    So, nothing new for week 2 of Nightmare Invasion?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    I feel this power would be great for Earth.

Darkness has like a ton of stuff
    Alrighty, I have my toon respecced and ready for Shadow Scheme. Pleeeease put it on Live tomorrow!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    player retention matters, if you want CO to die fast make everything free. no challenge = no reason to play, there has to be challenge at some level for all types of players both to enjoy and to continue to play, once you achieve all your goals with a character what then? you get bored, might aswell make it a journey to completion.

Did they add something challenging to the game in the last year or so?

I agree with what you're saying here btw, I just saw the word challenge and it caught my interest cause I'm always hopeful that they will add some challenging content that actually leads to some neat rewards.
  • warcanch wrote: »

More feedback the Devs won't listen to: Sell all that in game currency everyone needs to grind for in the Zen shop!

But they like lockboxes...

So make a currency lockbox that's all currency boxes as rewards. We already have Drifter and Q-Nite boxes dropping in nearly every current lockbox as it is. Make a new box with GCR, SCR, Until, Nemesis, OV, the Rampage tokens... all the main ones that can be annoying to grind for.

Or, the Defender leveling event coming up, make the gold reward item a +1 level-up and the other drops a box of currency...

Make some money! Last I checked money was good for business... especially for a "new" studio...
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User

More feedback the Devs won't listen to: Sell all that in game currency everyone needs to grind for in the Zen shop!

But they like lockboxes...

So make a currency lockbox that's all currency boxes as rewards. We already have Drifter and Q-Nite boxes dropping in nearly every current lockbox as it is. Make a new box with GCR, SCR, Until, Nemesis, OV, the Rampage tokens... all the main ones that can be annoying to grind for.

Or, the Defender leveling event coming up, make the gold reward item a +1 level-up and the other drops a box of currency...

Make some money! Last I checked money was good for business... especially for a "new" studio...

If they did sell the currency, i would drop a lot of money for costume items and power unlocks, as they affect all my many characters.
This discussion has been closed.