test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us change OV/Guard Tokens.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Most of us, if not the vast majority, have no intention of ever using the useless Guardian Token
gained from the Villain system, there simply isn't anything worth getting.
And since we have a currency exchange vendor right next to the OV vendor, why can't we get the option
to simply exchange tokens for what we need !?. I don't see any harm in it and i challenge any one to
give a good reason why this shouldn't be possible.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Well, it isn't a good reason, but I'm assuming that the Devs will never do this because they prefer players to do long, drawn out grinds. After all, they could have left Onslaught bonus week on forever, but eventually (after several months) saw that they had left it on and then turned it off. The OV system was poorly designed right from the start, but I can't see them reworking it into something more fun, engaging and intersting with the limited crew we have.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    I'd like it if they just moved the gear, costume, powers, etc(?) rewards over to the SCR/GCR vendor. And then just scrap the whole OSV system.

As to left over tokens, yeah, let us convert them at the conversion vendor. Even though, UNTIL tokens are barely worth converting them, it'd still be better than just leaving them dormant and unusable only to eventually wipe em out at the end of the year.

Even during the accidentally extended OSV reward months, no one was using the becomes for anything other than the daily/weekly and maybe barging in on some Event content. Intended OSV battles versus hordes of heroes is a distant memory.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to exchange currency when there is an actual currency exchange vendor,
    and add to the fact that the guardian tokens are mostly useless... AND then the villain system hasn't
    been reworked in ages and sorely lacking.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Guardian tokens: available by spending 30s shooting at a passive OV.
    Villain tokens: available by spending 5-10 minutes running around the city.

So, exchange rate of 20:1?

1 to 1 ratio would be fair.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »

1 to 1 ratio would be fair.

One of my characters has about 72,000 guardian tokens. 1-to-1 sounds reasonable and likely.
    One of my characters has about 72,000 guardian tokens. 1-to-1 sounds reasonable and likely.

This is exactly why i'm saying that the guardian tokens are useless. If you have 72.000 tokens,
    it's only because there is nothing worth spending them on.. and THAT alone is a reason
    to give us the ability to exchange them.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    This is exactly why i'm saying that the guardian tokens are useless. If you have 72.000 tokens,
    it's only because there is nothing worth spending them on.. and THAT alone is a reason
    to give us the ability to exchange them.
    Sure. Using 20 guardian tokens for 1 villain token would solve that problem nicely.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    And I want to exchange all my nigh useless (unless I want to buy weak healing potions to vendor) Until tokens (total 40725) for scr/gcr, but I know it ain't going to happen.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    And I want to exchange all my nigh useless (unless I want to buy weak healing potions to vendor) Until tokens (total 40725) for scr/gcr, but I know it ain't going to happen.

Until tokens aren't even in the same ballpark as scr and grc. But Guardian and Villain token are the same content,
    so don't compare the two. That Until tokens are more or less useless for veteran is just a matter of
    lack of content to spend that currency on.

But whenever we make posts about lack of content, we get shut down because we're not allowed to bring that up,
    hence, you will most likely never get to spend your 40725 Until tokens.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Until tokens aren't even in the same ballpark as scr and grc. But Guardian and Villain token are the same content,
    so don't compare the two. That Until tokens are more or less useless for veteran is just a matter of
    lack of content to spend that currency on.

But whenever we make posts about lack of content, we get shut down because we're not allowed to bring that up,
    hence, you will most likely never get to spend your 40725 Until tokens.

That is true, but a continuing issue over time, give new rewards it is hard for people to decide what to spend on due overwhelmed. But letting them rot basically is also bad, they need some use even after endgame reached. I look at FFXIV here with them letting the old stones somewhat be used for future content still like relic weapons back then.

Right now I just buy consumable and sell them at the Vendor myself for some easy resources. Maybe some should not cling to them so much. So I see all sides here, one sees them useless and stacking up, while others find use or never can decide. But then such happens normally with old stuff being, well, old and not important anymore, a bad game design in my eyes games made a habit of.