test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/10/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2022 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.
  • New Mission: Complete the shadow of the Colossus mission 5 times, grants the Wooden mask costume
  • Added Hacker weapon costume to the event store.
  • Added Black, White and Rainbow versions of the Brilliance, Celestial and Light Streaks auras.

Training Room
  • Added Challenge option for team scaling.
  • Choosing this option will spawn a great many Enforcer and Mastervillain ranked enemies.
  • Choosing this option for bosses will greatly increase their damage and HP.
  • Added Challenge option for difficulty. Choosing this will spawn enemies at +5 above your level.
  • Currently, the Challenge options are only available in the MC powerhouse.

Test Dummy Area
  • Added healing test dummy.

Questionite
  • Added Fire, Ice, Ghost, Shadow, Glass, Psionic and Sparkle Hair materials to the store.

Powers
Bastion
  • Improved shield effectiveness. Now takes into account some of your defenses.

Onslaught Gloves of the Defender
  • Reduced shield amount granted by Bastion to 3% (from 5) due to the improved effectiveness of Bastion.

New power: Scorching Impact
  • Fire Powerset
  • Available from the Champions Recognition Vendor
  • Lunge
  • 15 second cooldown.
  • Lunges at targets. Deals damage and knocks targets back. Knock strength scales based on distance lunged. Chance to apply Clinging flames.
  • Advantage (2): Applies a pyre patch at your location.
  • Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.

Become Celestial Device
  • If you have multiple copies of this device equipped, now triggers a linked cooldown.

Become Doomlord Device
  • If you have multiple copies of this device equipped, now triggers a linked cooldown.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Fire Powerset
    Available from the Champions Recognition Vendor
    Lunge
    I really wish you could commit on adding Elemental Melee powers on Force, Ice, Fire, Wind and Electricity just like TK and Earth have both Melee and Range
    It's strange to me that SCR/GCR powers are so rare at this point! We barely get them

But hey, Reskin of Seismic Smash for ICE slider next please? :grimace:
    Scorching Impact
    15 second cooldown.
    Lunges at targets. Deals damage and knocks targets back. Knock strength scales based on distance lunged. Chance to apply Clinging flames.
    Advantage (2): Applies a pyre patch at your location.
    Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.

Quick Question: WHY would you do that? 😩
    The Knock Magnitude is ridiculous and counterproductive for a lunge, not to mention how much it sabotage the fire patch mechanic ADV 🤨
    aFarefi.gif
    LbiZmvt.gif
    Making it Knock UP or DOWN would be better
    Nightmare Invasion
    U R G
    New Mission: Complete the shadow of the Colossus mission 5 times, grants the Wooden mask costume
    Loving the Wood material​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Still no FUSION WEEK :(
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Nightmare Invasion
    Fire Powerset
    Lunge
    15 second cooldown.
    Lunges at targets. Deals damage and knocks targets back. Knock strength scales based on distance lunged. Chance to apply Clinging flames.
    Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.​​

Might have been more useful without the knock...
    but for F** have a 0 point advantage (like giant growth) that gives the flavor of either knock down, back, or up...

I'm totally taking this as is on my Heavy Weapon/Earth character though... if I can't quake em on uneven ground, I can at least knock everything everywhere =D #sorrynotsorry, #workingasintended

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    HEAVY WEAPON melee attacks no longer ignore out of range targets to strike nearby targets.

imagine that is red text. don't expect people to jump thru hoops to color the text according to your pedantic color coding wants and whims if you don't provide basic tools to do it.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    and while I am at it, per my previous email...

Some Single Blade melee attacks stopped ignoring out of range targets to strike nearby targets a long time ago.

We all love standing around pointing at a guy who stepped back out of range while the mob of mobs destroys us.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Fire Powerset
    Lunge
    I really wish you could commit on adding Elemental Melee powers on Force, Ice, Fire, Wind and Electricity just like TK and Earth have both Melee and Range
    It's strange to me that SCR/GCR powers are so rare at this point! We barely get them

But hey, Reskin of Seismic Smash for ICE slider next please? :grimace:
    Scorching Impact
    15 second cooldown.
    Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.

Quick Question: WHY would you do that? 😩
    The Knock Magnitude is ridiculous and counterproductive for a lunge, not to mention how much it sabotage the fire patch mechanic ADV 🤨
    aFarefi.gif
    LbiZmvt.gif
    Making it Knock UP or DOWN would be better
    Nightmare Invasion
    U R G
    New Mission: Complete the shadow of the Colossus mission 5 times, grants the Wooden mask costume
    Loving the Wood material​​

Better question is why doesn't Might's lunge have a built in knock?