test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the point in developing crafting?

I buy all the mods I need in the exchange. It's not like STO where I can build sets or ultra rare weapons. Seems like a waste to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Folks are using crafting to make the mods you're buying in the exchange. I actually prefer the mod crafting vs crafting gear sets and weapons. Mods can be upgraded, swapped in and out of gear and sold. For CO, I think they should just keep introducing gear sets, power variants and devices as they have instead of working them into a crafting system. I do like the experiment with the Serial mission Magic Gloves being upgradable with mats and crafting skill. More upgradable devices would be cool.
  • Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    First off. Despite what it may be called. The current mod system is not crafting.
    Crafting was the thing that existed before and was completely removed and replaced with the current refinement system, which is what it is on NW and STO.

As for why to improve a refining skill? To improve your success chances when trying to refine mods up to better ranks. If you never refine any mod then improving the skill is pretty useless. Otherwise it is vital to getting those better mods with less failures.

Very YMMV on its use. I dabble in it now and then. But the increasing cost to pop mods out of stuff curbed much interest in refining past that threshold.
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    venarra wrote: »
    I buy all the mods I need in the exchange

Not all of them. Some can be quite challenging to find on the AH and because of that tend to climb in listing price even when they do eventually appear. The special mods you can buy with scr/gcr from recog vendor come to mind, and if you're doing endgame content, it's just easier to craft them up yourself. If I relied on the AH for certain damage mods, I'd have been waiting months longer to get them than it took me to make them. Very few people even sell confront mods at all because they're such a pita to try and get on AH or even asking in zone chat so they just hold on to them for future tanks they may roll if they're not already being used.

If you're talking about generic mods like stats, gambler's, impacts, growths etc, then yes those are easy to buy, but I can tell you I've relied heavily on crafting for the other types I described above. Then there's the ones that can't be bought from vendors because they're only from alert drops. ie. Soviet Guard, Coruscating Might etc. (the former ends up in AH a fair bit, but the latter does not)

Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • Options
    venarravenarra Posts: 8 Arc User
    I buy all the mods I need in the exchange

Not all of them. Some can be quite challenging to find on the AH and because of that tend to climb in listing price even when they do eventually appear. The special mods you can buy with scr/gcr from recog vendor come to mind, and if you're doing endgame content, it's just easier to craft them up yourself. If I relied on the AH for certain damage mods, I'd have been waiting months longer to get them than it took me to make them. Very few people even sell confront mods at all because they're such a pita to try and get on AH or even asking in zone chat so they just hold on to them for future tanks they may roll if they're not already being used.

If you're talking about generic mods like stats, gambler's, impacts, growths etc, then yes those are easy to buy, but I can tell you I've relied heavily on crafting for the other types I described above. Then there's the ones that can't be bought from vendors because they're only from alert drops. ie. Soviet Guard, Coruscating Might etc. (the former ends up in AH a fair bit, but the latter does not)

I'm a healer. There are no offensive ego damage/healing specific mods out there. Defensive-wise, I buy lesser versions (III) of things like Parkour and take them to SG member who has maxed out the skills. Hence no real reason to advance mine beyond 220.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    venarravenarra Posts: 8 Arc User
    omega2764 wrote: »
    First off. Despite what it may be called. The current mod system is not crafting.
    Crafting was the thing that existed before and was completely removed and replaced with the current refinement system, which is what it is on NW and STO.

As for why to improve a refining skill? To improve your success chances when trying to refine mods up to better ranks. If you never refine any mod then improving the skill is pretty useless. Otherwise it is vital to getting those better mods with less failures.

Very YMMV on its use. I dabble in it now and then. But the increasing cost to pop mods out of stuff curbed much interest in refining past that threshold.

The difference between Champions and NW/STO is that in the latter you can make consumables and, in STO, basic gear for yourself. Champions is just fusions, nothing else. I would, at the very least, be able to craft useful consumables for myself. I have a bank full of science mods that I really don't need, just to advance a skill that seems pretty pointless.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    omega2764 wrote: »

The difference between Champions and NW/STO is that in the latter you can make consumables and, in STO, basic gear for yourself. Champions is just fusions, nothing else. I would, at the very least, be able to craft useful consumables for myself. I have a bank full of science mods that I really don't need, just to advance a skill that seems pretty pointless.

We had such till they changed it with fusion, instead of using both and adding it simply, I will never understand tho.
  • Options
    aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    So basically we can sum up your problem with leveling the skill to 3 words. Me, me, me.
    Not one point you brought up is a point against the system. You just don't want to do it. The real point of leveling the skill is simply this. Doing your own fusing.

Yes, you can buy your mods. And then you argue other systems let you craft consumables and gear.

Can you not also BUY those as well?

But I have friends that do it for me. Hmm, how did they get to that point I wonder... oh that's right. Leveling the skill.

Also: apologies or bumping up an old post. Forget it's light on posts here.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    [...]I do like the experiment with the Serial mission Magic Gloves being upgradable with mats and crafting skill. More upgradable devices would be cool.

Really? I never knew you could upgrade them! Do you mind to explain what can be done or point to the relevant post? I'm curious!

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Upgrade the gloves requires 3 different Crystallos Shards, some Questionite and that your personal (any) Crafting level be a certain level.

The person to visit is a Lemurian at the docks on Monster Island, conveniently near the Superjet. He'll show you what all you need specifically.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Cool, ty

• Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User

Um... No. What I am saying is that COs real crafting had all that. You could craft bags, healing items, summon items, action figures, gear with powers, and at the top end even a special travel power for each department. The mod system did not even exist yet. STOs crafting system was the weakest of the three. Just player and ship gear mostly. Champions had it all.

The current "crafting" system is a sham, Its just the prototype for NW enchantment refining. Same system really for years until that was replaced, and changed, and then shuffled to insignia, then changed and changed again and now for all intents and purposes removed.

Everyone was so thrilled when vehicles came out. Till we learned what price that came. Least CO never had to suffer the loss of the Foundry the other two did.

All that said. Champions is currently the most stable of the trio. Followed closely by STO. NW changes every few months it feels like sometimes.

But back on topic. If you want to get really into mod fusion work I'd suggest doing events that have mods of the same type as your skill and stocking up on those. Like the current Foxbatcon event has Practical Joke Defense for Arms.
  • Options
    taareni9#6147 taareni9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    vidmate apk

mobdro download