FC.31.20220202.3 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2022 in PTS - The Archive
New power: Scorching Impact
  • Fire Powerset
  • Available from the Champions Recognition Vendor
  • Lunge
  • 15 second cooldown.
  • Lunges at targets. Deals damage and knocks targets back. Knock strength scales based on distance lunged. Chance to apply Clinging flames.
  • Advantage (2): Applies a pyre patch at your location.
  • Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Will this be a free Fire Power, Lockbox or a Purchase?

Why is the Fire lunge 50 feet and when most other power sets have 60 feet lunge?
    Post edited by andondarkmore on
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I tried this out very briefly and it seems like a really cool utility power. Thank you and keep the new powers and revamps coming! <3
    Will this be a free Fire Power, Lockbox or a Purchase?

It sounds like the power will be purchasable from the Champions Recognition Vendor.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The new lunge looks very cool and has good utility, but knockback on a lunge is very counterproductive. Please consider changing the knock back to a knock up or knock down. Right now, it's functionally useless as a gap closer and pyre patch creator except vs knock-immune targets.

Here's what happens:
    • Player lunges to target (good)
    • Targets take damage and are affected by clinging flames (good)
    • If they took the pyre patch advantage, the pyre patch is created (good)
    • Everything flies out of the player's range...and out of their newly-created pyre patch (oops!)

This video sums it up perfectly: https://imgur.com/AGIkIWV
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    The new lunge looks very cool and has good utility, but knockback on a lunge is very counterproductive. Please consider changing the knock back to a knock up or knock down. Right now, it's functionally useless as a gap closer and pyre patch creator except vs knock-immune targets.

Here's what happens:
    • Player lunges to target (good)
    • Targets take damage and are affected by clinging flames (good)
    • If they took the pyre patch advantage, the pyre patch is created (good)
    • Everything flies out of the player's range...and out of their newly-created pyre patch (oops!)

I thought similar and can definitely understand wanting to change the power to knock up or knock down. On the other hand, the game has lots of lunges explicitly for closing the gap and part of what makes this power unique is the scaling knock. Some options to consider could be:

1) Make the base power knock up or knock down the primary target with knock back for secondary targets.
    2) Make the pyre patch advantage change the knock back to knock down for all targets.
  • nickcave33nickcave33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    anyone know how much this will cost?
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    i have and will never unlock the powers under the vender, as they should be part of the game or more easy attanable for those making characters.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, better in a vendor than to be locked inside a lockbox.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Well, better in a vendor than to be locked inside a lockbox.

While I agree on that 100%, those are easier to obtain over the AH at least due to how many people often open it, while powers unlocked behind SCR are kinda ok, but GCR is horrible. Same for OV powers, glad I have those done, at least for a while now.
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 229 Arc User
    Bug
    Scorching Impact - Challenge!
    Challenge! only applies to primary target

Bug
    Scorching Impact - Tooltip
    15' Sphere information is missing from upper right tooltip information, generally listed adjacent to Range
    It is properly stated in the yellow body of the tooltip text, though.

Suggestion
    Scorching Impact - 1pt Advantage that converts the Knock Back into Knock Down or area Snare

I won't note it as a bug because I'm not sure that it is, but the power also has a 50' range instead of 60'. Looks like a neat theme lunge with the ability for a ranged player to simultaneously advance while not putting themselves in the middle of the pack.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Bug: Damage does not seem to scale based on distance from target.

Both 50' and in-yer-face range do the same damage to all targets.

Suggestion: As noted above, the Pyre Patch advantage should change the knock BACK to a knock DOWN or UP.

Fyi, r1 has a 50% chance to apply Clinging Flames. r2 = 75% and r3 = 100%.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 229 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    Fyi, r1 has a 50% chance to apply Clinging Flames. r2 = 75% and r3 = 100%.​​

This follows the Pyre model of CF scaling, I believe.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    Bug: Damage does not seem to scale based on distance from target.
    ​​

Not sure how this is a bug? There's nothing in patch notes or power description which says the damage increases or decreases with range from target. Only the knock distance.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    New power: Scorching Impact
    • Fire Powerset
    • Available from the Champions Recognition Vendor
    • Lunge
    • 15 second cooldown.
    • Lunges at targets. Deals damage and knocks targets back. Knock strength scales based on distance lunged. Chance to apply Clinging flames.
    • Advantage (2): Applies a pyre patch at your location.
    • Advantage (2): Applies Restoration to you.

That there.

Although, the more I read that, it just seems the KNOCKING DISTANCE it what it is say.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I always thought a lunge was to get me into Melee distance of my target. not to knock my target away. PLEASE MAKE THE KNOCK either up or down. If make it knock-back, please make it an advantage and not built into the lunge.
This discussion has been closed.