test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Justice gear return vs reward

I'm sure there's lots of veteran players who are going to say "well, yeah we already know this" but I had to see it for myself - Using ACT on PTS I've parsed several builds in the powerhouse using identical builds with just one difference. For each test, one was Justice geared, the other was Distinguished. In pretty much every case, the Justice test only parsed roughly around 0.2k dps higher (ie 7.1k vs 6.9k). That's a mighty small return for the sake of the RNG grinding you have to do for it IMO. But of course there's exceptions. What Justice will give you is more legroom to do is slot a DUC or other for a much better return without losing as much crit as you would slotting it into distinguished. But again, these are RNG options we're talking about that are much harder to attain than Justice itself.

Another thing I've discovered about obscure Cryptic math is that Justice isn't always better than Dist for dps in every scenario depending on your build. There's builds you can design that will parse higher if you tinker with the spec trees. Like Avenger for ranged for example. There's been frequent cases where that tree (which is supposed to be the pure ranged dps tree) parsed behind doing Guardicator (even after the supposed nerf) Anyway, I guess some of you will be saying "yes we know this already" but just thought I'd bring it up again after noticing it myself.

Personally I'm still going to do occasional rampages, but mostly for funsies more than a must-have after learning this, and because well... I've ran out of other things to do when events aren't happening. The RNG behind Justice drops just feels a lot like a typical MMO financial department's Skinner's Box move though, but with smaller pellets from pressing that lever than other MMO's I've played. ie. that most famous MMO we shall not mention has a huge difference between their "top tier" gear and their equivalent of Dist when you parse dps, heals etc in that game
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It'd be interesting to know what the average time difference is between getting 2 diamonds and 2 of anything else, vs. getting an extra 100 scr and 50 gcr for a single piece of gear. To me it feels like you can do 4 rampages (on average) in the same amount of time as 3 cosmics (on average). These days it probably takes longer to get a group of rampagers together than people for cosmics,

I've done so many more cosmics than rampages the last few years that I actually enjoy the rampages more now as a change of pace. Just hard to find people to do them when I am on.

Maybe if the devs improved the drop rate for rampages more people would do them. Personally, I wish we could buy the rampage tokens with some sort of rampage currency. Seeing progress towards a reward for me is alway preferable to hoping for some random drop.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to know what the average time difference is between getting 2 diamonds and 2 of anything else, vs. getting an extra 100 scr and 50 gcr for a single piece of gear. To me it feels like you can do 4 rampages (on average) in the same amount of time as 3 cosmics (on average). These days it probably takes longer to get a group of rampagers together than people for cosmics,

I've done so many more cosmics than rampages the last few years that I actually enjoy the rampages more now as a change of pace. Just hard to find people to do them when I am on.

Maybe if the devs improved the drop rate for rampages more people would do them. Personally, I wish we could buy the rampage tokens with some sort of rampage currency. Seeing progress towards a reward for me is alway preferable to hoping for some random drop.

Personally I just do the PQ runs. I also don't stay in this game all-day every-day like a lot of the people I do those or cosmics with. I have canvassed several others who don't play that heavily and they were nice enough to give me honest feedback about their time spent to gear one full set: MONTHS. Not distinguished level "a month or two" months but MONTHS. It's because of what you said above, the infrequency of rampage runs being organized. The people who can get this done pretty quickly (relatively speaking) are the ones who have a dedicated play-group. I know those exist, and they basically do rampages, cosmics, and lairs on almost a daily basis. If this was a high population MMO, that wouldn't be a thing for everyone else, but the pop of CO is so low everyone basically knows everyone like a small town
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris