test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We really need melee to ACTUALLY ignore the selected target.

This seems to come up now and then as a problem. I just started an alt with Archery powers for range and the energy builder, and Heavy Weapons for close in. And there's the problem.

Taser arrow on 'the guy with the shotgun' to shut down his DPS for a bit, and the option is turned on in settings, but still tries to melee target him, and not the bald little pluggers that come in for a knife fight.

This option seems to either work just fine, or it doesn't. I don't know if it's just certain power sets not playing well together, some alts getting glitched, etc.?

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    What's the option in settings that you're referring to?
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User

There's an option under Controls that lets you attack the nearest enemies rather than your target if the target is out of melee range. I use it, and sometimes it even works! Whether or not it actually works seems random, though when it does work there's usually a half-second delay before your character will actually starting attacking the proper enemy
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    ninjapiff wrote: »

There's an option under Controls that lets you attack the nearest enemies rather than your target if the target is out of melee range. I use it, and sometimes it even works! Whether or not it actually works seems random, though when it does work there's usually a half-second delay before your character will actually starting attacking the proper enemy

"Sometimes" being the operative word...
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    As I recall it only works for single target melee powers (control is I think 'melee can ignore selected target'), and it's possible its range is not the same as melee powers range.

I can say, at the very least, that it works for Reaper's Caress.

It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    As I recall it only works for single target melee powers (control is I think 'melee can ignore selected target'), and it's possible its range is not the same as melee powers range.

It's real random. Same as with the perma-block macro, which was listed here in another thread.

I made several alts in the past few months. This stuff either works on them, or it doesn't. That would be one thing, but it's that I have no idea how to fix it is what really bugs me.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    ninjapiff wrote: »

It's real random. Same as with the perma-block macro, which was listed here in another thread.

I made several alts in the past few months. This stuff either works on them, or it doesn't. That would be one thing, but it's that I have no idea how to fix it is what really bugs me.

I haven't looked for the particular comment that addresses this one, but I know that if you just use SHIFT instead of LSHIFT and/or RSHIFT, you'll only get one of the 2 shift keys to actually bind.

Personally, I specifically make my RSHIFT to be a block only as long as I hold it with my Power Armor characters. Everyone else I try to make sure both LSHIFT and RSHIFT are bound to create a block maintain. Hate calling it a Toggle because hitting that key again does not toggle it off.

RSHIFT = right shift key
    LSHIFT = left shift key​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"