test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOP...pulling alerts out from under me!

One of two things is happening-

1. I queue an alert, and the window pops up for only a second, before I can click OK to join.

2. I sit in one, and it times out...doesn't even bother to queue me up for the next available.

I get the system message 'you failed to respond'. NO...the game has been broke as heck on public alerts for a several months.

Alerts didn't used to be like this. When is this going to get a fix??

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    They've been like this for a good long while, at least in my experience.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2022

1. I queue an alert, and the window pops up for only a second, before I can click OK to join.

2. I sit in one, and it times out...doesn't even bother to queue me up for the next available.

I get the system message 'you failed to respond'. NO...the game has been broke as heck on public alerts for a several months.

This happens when the alert expires without enough players queued and switches to another alert. You can queue for a new alert but the system still seems to keep you in the expired alert queue for a few seconds. After you receive the 'failed to respond' message, you should be good to go for any other alerts you queued.
    Alerts didn't used to be like this. When is this going to get a fix??

It's been like this pretty much since On Alert started. Maybe you are just running into it more recently than before?
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    It's been like this pretty much since On Alert started. Maybe you are just running into it more recently than before?

It does seem a lot worse lately, at least since sometime in autumn. It gets me mad because I make sure to get my 4-hour XP bonus, when Witchcraft is up. Then, a lot of time gets blown on the bonus, waiting for groups to form.

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Might have something to do with events like the Winter event. Folks will often spend more time on event missions and they don't seem to queue regular daily alerts, rampages and open missions quite as much, at least until they get all of the event rewards they want.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    Might have something to do with events like the Winter event. Folks will often spend more time on event missions and they don't seem to queue regular daily alerts, rampages and open missions quite as much, at least until they get all of the event rewards they want.

Yeah, you're probably right about that...