test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where to buy the Champions online TTRPG?

Hey Team,

Sorry for what is potentially a dumb question, but for some reason I could not find the answer, which TTRPG book/system is everyone using? I saw the old Champions rpg books, is that them? Or is there a newer version?

Tom

Answers

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Champions is the name of Hero Games' superhero TTRPG using the game mechanics called the Hero System. Hero System has been through six editions since 1981, each making modifications of varying degrees to the game. The setting for Champions Online is based on the official Champions Universe, as presented in books for the Fifth and Sixth Editions of Hero System. (Settings for earlier editions differed from the current one, although many elements were carried over.) In the case of books with the same title, e.g. Champions Universe, the book for Sixth Edition has the most up-to-date info, as well as any changes to the setting mandated by Cryptic Studios after they purchased the Champions IP.

The website store for Hero Games has practically everything ever published for Hero System, at least in PDF form. Other online game retailers also carry them, and may also have rarer used hard copies. Those can get pretty pricey, though. For PDFs there's usually no difference in price from one store to another, but if you buy from Hero Games directly they get all the money. ;)

The official Champions Universe setting itself is covered in literally dozens of books. If what you want is setting info, the differing game stats between editions will make no difference. If you're ever interested in a particular subject we can probably direct you to the book(s) where you can read more about it.

BTW here is where you can legally download a fine free "Champions Online Lore Primer" to get an overview of the setting of CO from prehistory up to 2017. Admittedly it only scratches the surface of available lore, but would greatly help you get up to speed on who's who and what's what.
  • tommyjc26tommyjc26 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Pantagruel01 and Bulgarex. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I've been wanting to check it out.
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Are there any pre adventures that are already made?
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    kjames91 wrote: »
    Are there any pre adventures that are already made?

There are quite a few pre-made adventures for Champions PnP, but it would help if you could specify what type of adventures you're looking for. Do you just want generic superhero adventures, or ones specifically set in the Champions Universe? Does it matter to you which edition of Hero System they're written for?
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    You can also check DrivethruRPG for Champions/Hero System. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/115/Hero-Games