test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220121.2 - Heavy Weapons

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added Heel Rock emote to the debugger store.
  • Added Beaming auras to the debugger store.
  • Added Crushing Ruin power unlock to the debugger store.

Reckless
  • No longer gains benefit from healing forms.

Vicious Descent
  • Bold Entrance adv: Expires all Reckless effects if a you damage a foe with a non-Heavy Weapons ability.

Brimstone
  • Added bonus damage against Knock immune targets.
  • Snares targets that are immune to Knock effects.
  • New Advantage (2): Fully charging the power creates a Healing Rune.

Eruption
  • Reduced CD to 6 seconds (from 8).
  • New Advantage (2): Roots targets and applies negative ions.

Cleave
  • Range fix.
  • Improved chance to knock targets.
  • Chance to apply Clinging Flames on knock immune targets on the last hit.
  • Defensive Stance Advantage: Tooltip update.

Skewer
  • New Adv (2): Reduces the cooldown of Active Offense powers by 1 sec per target hit when fully charged.
  • New Adv (2): Adds fire damage to this attack. Chance to apply Clinging Flames.
  • New Adv (2): Fully charging this power now knocks targets towards you.

Earthsplitter
  • Increased knock up distance.
  • Added bonus damage against Knock immune targets.

Havoc Stomp/Haymaker/Uppercut/Mighty Kick/Roomsweeper/Catastrophic Pummeling/Final Punch
  • Updated tooltips to include what their damage boost is against knock immune targets.

New Power: Crushing Ruin
  • Ultimate
  • Heavy Weapons Framework
  • Found in the Starhawk lockbox
  • Deals Crushing damage in a cone.
  • Immunity to crowd control while maintaing.
  • Briefly snares targets.
  • If fully maintained, deals aoe damage and knocks back all targets. Also applies Overpower to targets.

Devices
Latent Psi
  • Fixed an issue where this wouldn't always trigger properly.

Inner Flame
  • Removed fire damage trigger.
  • Now has a chance to proc a pbaoe effect that applies Clinging Flames.

Archetypes
Devastator
  • Level 25: Pulverizer

Rockstar
  • level 17: Annihilate OR Eruption
  • Level 25: Thermal Reverberation OR Pulverizer
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Oooo... =)
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Will there be a free retcon or forced retcon. I have A few characters that have just a free Retcon and want to know if I will get a new one if I use it before power pass or get a free forced Retcon (and can keep Free Retcon for future use)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Will there be a free retcon or forced retcon.
    Forced retcons occur when your character is no longer legal, they aren't granted.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    This seems like way too many advantages, when the vanilla versions of the powers don't really have anything to show. The advantages on Skewer help it to stack forms, but now at the cost of the damage that actually made it useable for tanks. The other advantages are so occasionally and conditionally useful, I don't see them getting much use...

Skullcrusher and Skewer continue to be in a weird, uncomfortable spot as AoEs with horrible range (3ft cylinder) and not enough single target damage to make up for it. Please consider doing something to help these powers (Skewer and Skullcrusher) server better as AoEs, or turn them into single target damage.

Also, can we please get the indomitable advantage on Guard like Retaliation has?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I suggest making skewer single target, increasing base damage by 20%, and adding a 2p advantage that turns into a cylinder.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Suggestion give back as a choice the power Thermal Reverb to the Devastator please.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Bug
    Beaming Aura (Head) (Black) doesn't seem to be giving any effect at all.

Update:Rainbow head shows black and Black shows nothing

• evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    Starhawk lockbox

About time we got a new lockbox.

• lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Sometimes Annihilate won't 'knock' knock immune targets. Eruption won't ever 'knock' knock immune targets.

Energy builder is still 10ft. Skewer is a smidge better with fire adv, but at this point maybe make one of the advantages just default? The thing has 7 advantages now. This also stands for many of the other HW powers, they're losing a lot of damage by *having* to get the advantages to do anything useful.

Tooltips on Reckless still need an update to say it refreshes when applying a stack while on 3, including Eruption's advantage which states it "refreshes Reckless stacks if there are any stacks", which it doesn't. It only refreshes when there's already 3 existing stacks.

Brimstone is still bad. I don't know why it has to be like this, I don't know why the melee AoEs have to be so bad. The damage is low on mobs, the change "Knock resist targets" only applies if you do *three* moves before it and it makes you need *two powers for AoE instead of just one* and that wouldn't be a problem if there was no CD.

There's a bloat with advantages on HW, which I get it, it's for the interactions with other trees, but a lot of powers in HW already do low damage and with the last changes they've lost their utility and/or lost damage, and then need to get an adv that makes them lose more damage for the sake of getting that utility back.

If we're going to keep the powers this way, the advantages need to be merged, i.e. Knockto adv on Skewer could be merged with the fire one, for example.

I also don't like the change on Vicious Descent, mostly because it makes it very awkward to use at all and partially since it's currently very undesirable to use all of HW together, also the only decent power that benefits from Reckless is Haymaker, which is not HW. There is a world where Skullcrusher would be good if it could go R3+Disorient 15% damage base damage bonus adv+Reckless 30% base damage bonus adv, but at that point shouldn't some of this power just be in there by default, energy cost boosted and all? This is a thing on both Skewer and Skullcrusher and I don't get it. There's no other powerset that gets "+25/30% damage boost" with a 1 pt adv. Why not just make the powers better so they don't need advs like those?

Lastly I also think Earth Splitter's pull Adv should also make the power count as melee.

Skullcrusher and Skewer still are undesirable as AoEs and undesirable at Single Target.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Is it intented that, not only non-HW damage remove Reckless, but also all your Bastion stacks, with Bold Entrance advantage on Vicious decent ?
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Is it intented that, not only non-HW damage remove Reckless, but also all your Bastion stacks, with Bold Entrance advantage on Vicious decent ?

Yes.​​
    edited January 2022
    Ok.

Another thought, I'm a bit concerned there are so many trigger conditions in HW and the set doesn't have lot of innately "easy" applier for those (like for disorient) It sounds like a true hassle to maintain the whole stuff.

At first glance, your options for No Quarter, within set are:

Arc of ruin with adv
    Arc of ruin/Decimate/Skullcrusher for disorient + earth splitter with adv. That's an awfull lot for that rotation, especially since Disorient isn't guaranted on tap and there is no Disorient refresher either.

I don't know, I feel like HW relies on way too many debuffs that aren't trivial to apply, for its basics to work (no quarter, clinging flame, disorient). Personnal taste, but I don't like Fire (and Ice to a lesser extend) pretty much either for the same reason.
    Post edited by leuchadegoutiere on
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    as Leucha said above. Where are the "refresh" abilities for all of the things HW is trying to do?​​
    Post edited by warcanch on

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I understand the point of the changes, but I think it's a little bit much to move everything useful about these powers to advantages in exchange for boosting the range. In the end, all this is doing is making it far more attractive to supplement the HW powers in your set with other powers that do these things better. Why take arc of ruin and eruption for applying clinging flames and no quarter when incendiary grenade does it all in one click? Other powers apply debuffs instantly on multiple targets for the same price of heavy weapons, or often much cheaper.

With almost nothing innate to show for on some of these powers, people are going to run out of advantage points in order to make these powers work the same level as powers from other sets. You're going to see a lot of people with annihilate, the ult, and everything else from other sets. And even then. Annihilate doesn't really have much to show for on its own.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Ok.

Another thought, I'm a bit concerned there are so many trigger conditions in HW that the set doesn't have lot of innately "easy" applier (like for disorient) It sounds like a true hassle to maintain the whole stuff.

At first glance, your options for No Quarter, within set are:

Arc of ruin with adv
    Arc of ruin/Decimate/Skullcrusher for disorient + earth splitter with adv. That's an awfull lot for that rotation, especially since Disorient isn't guaranted on tap and there is no Disorient refresher either.

I don't know, I feel like HW relies on way too many debuffs that aren't trivial to apply, for its basics to work (no quarter, clinging flame, disorient). Personnal taste, but I don't like Fire (and Ice to a lesser extend) pretty much either for the same reason.
    warcanch wrote: »
    as Leucha said above. Where are the "refresh" abilities for all of the things HW is trying to do?​​

Bear with me because I'm confused: Are these changes in addition to the other HW adjustment post, or a replacement to those changes?

As for refreshes I'm also confused on that score. Would not the usual rotation of Eruption w/magma + Arc apply clinging flames and no quarter still? And will you no longer be able to refresh CF using Arc so that you only need Eruption as an opener like you always did?

As far as I can tell, unless you're going for thematic stuff the optimal rotation even with these changes is going to be exactly the same as it always was, with the difference being that your DPS is now going to be lower because of the nerf to Eruption and Arc damage. Which absolutely sucks since as lunny pointed out in the other thread, HW were aleady lower on the totem pole than numerous other melee sets for DPS so this extra 5' range is just a kick in the teeth way to respond to self-rooting. Personally I'd rather they had just said "Your set has self-rooting attacks, deal with it."

Seems to me that if you're choosing HW as a DPS character, these changes are changing it from being "Not bad, do-able dps I can accept that" into more of a set like "Hey I know I'll be way behind a ton of other options but I wanna make a telepathy or celestial DPS for RP for funsies" type of set.
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Cleave
    ​​
    Facepalm moment for me. I'm sorry but finishing a combo should be a guaranteed application of whatever it is you are applying (especially a slow combo like cleave), also the extra condition of needing the target to be knock immune makes this so specific that it reads like you are doing a parody of yourself.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Ultimate
    Heavy Weapons Framework
    Found in the Starhawk lockbox
    Deals Crushing damage in a cone.
    Immunity to crowd control while maintaing.
    Briefly snares targets.
    If fully maintained, deals aoe damage and knocks back all targets. Also applies Overpower to targets.
    I'M IN L O V E ♥ ♥ ♥ New Ultimate Finally! And it has perfect animation to fit with HW!
    I can replace Unleashed Rage on my HW and even use it on my DEX-primary HW characters too since it's not Enraged-locked
    oqHVNF5.gif
    ISvZ7g9.gif
    0Ttr3OC.gif

I took 3 gifs of the power for each run trying to replicate a bug where the animation got stuck, but I couldnt recreate it for showcase​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I might be alone here, but I would prefer useful powers with predictable effects. One of the most annoying things about the current iteration of skewer is that a full-charge only has a 50% of applying bleed, which is a very unreliable chance.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Ultimate
    Heavy Weapons Framework
    Found in the Starhawk lockbox
    Deals Crushing damage in a cone.
    Immunity to crowd control while maintaing.
    Briefly snares targets.
    If fully maintained, deals aoe damage and knocks back all targets. Also applies Overpower to targets.
    I'M IN L O V E ♥ ♥ ♥ New Ultimate Finally! And it has perfect animation to fit with HW!
    I can replace Unleashed Rage on my HW and even use it on my DEX-primary HW characters too since it's not Enraged-locked
    oqHVNF5.gif
    ISvZ7g9.gif
    0Ttr3OC.gif

I took 3 gifs of the power for each run trying to replicate a bug where the animation got stuck, but I couldnt recreate it for showcase​​

Same! I heard the Final Fantasy victory music in my head when I watched this
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    I might be alone here, but I would prefer useful powers with predictable effects. One of the most annoying things about the current iteration of skewer is that a full-charge only has a 50% of applying bleed, which is a very unreliable chance.

Nope, the 50% bleed really annoys me. Skewer's only way to be reliable enough for a toggle form is either using Fighting Claws' toggle form or using the "Knockto", but that means missing out on 20% damage which the power already is much weaker than Annihilate so you're further nerfing yourself just for the ability to work with other toggles. 50% is not enough for Aspect of the Bestial/Form of the Swordmaster. And I still wish this was still single target because the power is bad as AoE and bad at single target at the moment.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I forget, which one is Inner Flame?
    It's this Device
    q2cx7AR.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited January 2022
    Added Heel Rock emote to the debugger store.
    Cute emote and animation
    Perk for Account Wide Unlock 5/5 - Waiting Patiently
    T8L9CY8.gif
    Brimstone
    Added bonus damage against Knock immune targets.
    Snares targets that are immune to Knock effects.
    New Advantage (2): Fully charging the power creates a Healing Rune.
    Sad since I was expecting an Actual magice rune, it gives you a fire-sparks area rune instead
    I really wish for future update that Costumizing your rune powers will be a Thing
    Also Brimstone still has 3 seconds CD! Not nice​​
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Will HW be able to use 6-7 advantage points to both NOT loose damage potential and work with CF/Reckless/Disorient. To me it looks like doing one or the other on some (NOT ALL) powers.
    My feeling is that HW is diluted in too many mechanics
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I can understand the cool down on brimstone just by seeing people spanning it looks weird with it's FX. But cleave changes seems like the most unnecessary technicals to me.

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    Lockbox
      Devices
      Latent Psi
      • Fixed an issue where this wouldn't always trigger properly.
      ​​

This Power's stun is not affected by Manipulator and the stun is like less than 1 second. Basically it's just giving a free stack of CC resistance to enemies.

Also INT is affecting many of the cooldowns backwards of the new powers (at least in the powers description) like the new T4
    • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
      edited February 2022
      Cleave
      ​​

I'm not sure why this is the thing that confuses me the most about the HW update.

Doing extra damage against a knock immune target makes sense (they aren't flying away so they take the full impact of the attack), but why would them being knock immune suddenly make them flammable?
    This discussion has been closed.