test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 1/27/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2022 in Release Notes
Starhawk Lockbox
The Starhawk lockbox is now in rotation!

New to this lockbox:
  • Starhawk Loyal Sidekick
  • Starhawk Costume Box
  • Beaming Aura Box
  • Crushing Ruin Power Unlock
  • Heel Rock emote

Starhawk Costume Box
  • Starhawk Tights
  • Starhawk Goggles 1
  • Starhawk Goggles 2
  • Starhawk Collar 1
  • Starhawk Collar 2
  • Starhawk Emblem
  • Starhawk Wings
  • Starhawk Arm Accessories
  • Starhawk Bracers
  • Starhawk Belt 1
  • Starhawk Belt 2
  • Starhawk Leg Armor 1
  • Starhawk Leg Armor 2
  • Starhawk Greaves
  • Starhawk Boots

Beaming Aura Box
  • Beaming Aura (Head)
  • Beaming Aura (Head) (Black)
  • Beaming Aura (Head) (White)
  • Beaming Aura (Head) (Rainbow)
  • Beaming Aura (Chest)
  • Beaming Aura (Chest) (Black)
  • Beaming Aura (Chest) (White)
  • Beaming Aura (Chest) (Rainbow)
  • Beaming Aura (Hands)
  • Beaming Aura (Hands) (Black)
  • Beaming Aura (Hands) (White)
  • Beaming Aura (Hands) (Rainbow)
  • Beaming Aura (Feet)
  • Beaming Aura (Feet) (Black)
  • Beaming Aura (Feet) (White)
  • Beaming Aura (Feet) (Rainbow)

ZEN Store
Dragon Key Pack
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Oriental Dragon costume
  • 1x Inner Flame Device
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Screenshots
A new command has been added:
  • screenshot_ui_jpg_with_name
  • Using this while selecting a player will include their character name and @ handle in the name of the screenshot.

Tailor
  • Added Curved 1 and 2 costumes to Side Accessories, Mouth Accessories and Shoulders.

Misc
  • Fixed an issue where certain mobs could vanish.

Power Changes
Players who owned any Heavy Weapons powers will receive a free respec. As a note, prior free respecs will not stack.

Reckless
  • Increased effectiveness of Bastion on Heavy Weapons powers.
  • Bastion no longer gains benefit from healing forms.

Earthsplitter
  • Increased cylinder radius to 5ft (from 3).
  • Reduced chance to apply Reckless on tap.
  • Removed chance to apply Clinging Flames.
  • Adjusted damage to cost values.
  • Bend the Earth adv: Changed from greater than 25ft to 10ft.
  • Increased knock up distance.
  • Added bonus damage against Knock immune targets.
  • New Adv (2): Chance to apply Clinging Flames.
  • New Adv (2): Applies No Quarter to Disoriented targets.
  • New Adv (2): Applies Engulfing Flames to targets affected by Clinging Flames. Expires all of your Clinging Flames.

Vicious Descent
  • Increased radius to 15ft.
  • New Adv (2): Increases the effectiveness of Bastion on this power to 50%. Expires all Reckless and Bastion effects if you damage a foe with a non-Heavy Weapons ability.

Annihilate
  • Increased range to 15ft.
  • Tooltip update.
  • New Adv (1): Knocks up targets affected by Disorient instead of back.

Brimstone
  • Added 3 second cooldown.
  • Removed Disorient effect.
  • Knock Up effect now occurs during a partial charge of the power instead of full.
  • Added bonus damage against Knock immune targets.
  • Snares targets that are immune to Knock effects.
  • New Advantage (2): Fully charging the power creates a Healing Rune.
  • Thundering Roar Advantage: Additionally Disorients targets affected by Clinging Flames.

Eruption
  • Removed Reckless refresh.
  • Now Stuns targets immune to Knock effects.
  • Reduced CD to 6 seconds (from 8).
  • New Advantage (2): Roots targets and applies negative ions.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Reckless.
  • Magma Burst: Increased area effect to 15ft. Updated visuals.

Skewer
  • New Adv (2): Reduces the cooldown of Active Offense powers by 1 sec per target hit when fully charged.
  • New Adv (2): Adds fire damage to this attack. Chance to apply Clinging Flames.
  • New Adv (2): Fully charging this power now knocks targets towards you.

Skullcrusher
  • New Advantage (1): Increased damage for each stack of Reckless on you.
  • New Advantage (2): Fully charging the power applies Demolish to your primary target.

Cleave
  • Slightly reduced damage.
  • Improved chance to knock targets.
  • Removed chance to apply Clinging Flames every hit. Now has a chance to apply Clinging Flames on knock immune targets on the last hit.
  • Defensive Stance Advantage: Tooltip update to mention Aegis effect.
  • New Adv (2): Chance to apply Clinging Flames every hit. Guaranteed chance on last hit.
  • Rampant Adv: Reduced overall chance to apply Reckless. Guaranteed application on last hit.

Arc of Ruin

Havoc Stomp/Haymaker/Uppercut/Mighty Kick/Roomsweeper/Catastrophic Pummeling/Final Punch
  • Updated tooltips to include what their damage boost is against knock immune targets.

New Power: Crushing Ruin
  • Ultimate
  • Heavy Weapons Framework
  • Found in the Starhawk lockbox
  • Deals Crushing damage in a cone.
  • Immunity to crowd control while maintaining.
  • Briefly snares targets.
  • If fully maintained, deals aoe damage and knocks back all targets.
  • Also applies Overpower to targets.

Devices
Latent Psi
  • Fixed an issue where this wouldn't always trigger properly.

Inner Flame
  • Removed fire damage trigger.
  • Now has a chance to proc a pbaoe effect that applies Clinging Flames.

Archetypes
Devastator
  • Level 25: Pulverizer OR Thermal Reverberation

Rockstar
  • level 17: Annihilate OR Eruption
  • Level 25: Thermal Reverberation OR Pulverizer
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• mynx#5889 mynx Posts: 9 Arc User
    Any news on a fix for disappearing enemy entities?
    Gravitar seems immune but Fire and Ice (as well as several alert boss villains) were quite a handful with their whack-a-mole antics
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Crushing Ruin Power Unlock
    I have been waiting for new ultimates for so long, I'm so happy HW got a proper one which fits the Theme! Now for the ICE to get a DPS ultimate
    This Ultimate gets an instant solid 10/10
    Its not limited in ENRAGED stacks and can be used on Theme builds with DEX primary forms and Imaginary weapons
    oqHVNF5.gif
    ISvZ7g9.gif
    0Ttr3OC.gif
    Heel Rock emote
    Perk for Account Wide Unlock 5/5 - Waiting Patiently
    T8L9CY8.gif
    Starhawk Costume
    This is not even in PTS right now! Straight to live again! ( ._.)
    ZEN Store
    1x Oriental Dragon costume
    Wouldn't be more fitting if it was something Tiger related!?
    2022 Lunar New Year is the Year of the tiger!​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Still sad that there is no FUSION WEEK :(

No one wanted the CD on Brimstone, but it was added anyway.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    feels more like a nerf than a rework
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    I hope it is a mistake that each lockbox costs 500 Q in the Questionite store :/
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Did you guys increase the cost of buying lockboxes with Q? Like didn't it used to cost 50Q per box, and now it's 500Q?
    whatdakrak wrote: »

Probably, I mean HW was already one of the better power sets, they're not going to make it better. So they had to "Fix" it. It's not like they were working on a under preforming power set now is it?
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I didn't recognize latent psi ineffectivity as a bug before. Otherwise I would of reported it. I thought it just sucked. Happy to see it fixed.

HW rework not bad.

Lockbox looks small but alright. And I needed a dragon head for Sixx's morph. Overal happy with the release.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Skewer's fire damage does not count as HW and so it removes Bastion shields when using Vicious Descent's advantage.

Sad to see this came to live so quickly, it's really depressing to see the weakest melee set get nerfed in exchange for demanding all your adv points to do less than other powersets. Also not sure why the set with a giant weapon is still quite bad with AoEs.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Probably, I mean HW was already one of the better power sets, they're not going to make it better. So they had to "Fix" it. It's not like they were working on a under preforming power set now is it?

For melee, Might still outperforms HW on single target dps against endgame bosses (assuming using "meta" optimized builds for both). Considering that HW dps is behind most martial arts as well as TK blades (and possibly Bestial as well), that means that no, HW is not one of the better performing sets. Further, considering that AoR taps are part of the meta rotation for HW (to refresh CF+NQ) and that AoR's damage has been reduced, HW dps is now lower than it was.
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well, at least Skewer and Skullcrusher have some use now. More is great, but I'll take it. Should be fun to play with HW for a bit, so thank you for taking some time to do power changes. :smile:

Would still really like to see the indomitable advantage from retaliation added to guard. It's a really helpful advantage and it would make the two blocks interchangeable for folks that just want to use it with their HW build. Please and thank you! :grin:

For melee, Might still outperforms HW on single target dps against endgame bosses (assuming using "meta" optimized builds for both). Considering that HW dps is behind most martial arts as well as TK blades (and possibly Bestial as well), that means that no, HW is not one of the better performing sets. Further, considering that AoR taps are part of the meta rotation for HW (to refresh CF+NQ) and that AoR's damage has been reduced, HW dps is now lower than it was.

Oh my bad, I guess it was the worst set in the game and now it's even worse.

Oh my bad, I guess it was the worst set in the game and now it's even worse.

I admire someone who can admit their wrongdoing, well done.
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    skull crusher is still bad even with those advs
    making it comparable to skewer would fix it
    the rest of the powers are ok, damage was taken off the utility powers and added on skewer-skullcrusher-annihilate
    the 2 former are still underperforming
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    Is it just me or is the drop rate of the new lockbox a bit off? Like most of the people I know got the new sidekick, and the drop rate of aura box seems blessedly low, but strangely the emote drop rate seems really rare
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    [*] New Adv (2): Increases the effectiveness of Bastion on this power to 50%. Expires all Reckless and Bastion effects if you damage a foe with a non-Heavy Weapons ability.

this change is unreasonable. passives such as voltaic potential and spark shield will also expire reckless/bastion.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    This is infuriating. The brimstone CD ruined the power, it's not a reliable AOE anymore. Arc cost too much to be a reliable AOE. Pyre doesn't really work for similar reasons, and now the char just feels broken. I didn't really play it much to begin with because HW was clunky. Now, it's just even worse. And likely to just shelf the character, and never touch it again. GJ.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jin#6625 jin Posts: 14 Arc User
    HW was the first AT I purchased in 2011, came back 7 months ago and spent over a month getting use to game again, then another getting use to the build, then a week in PTS tweaking the build. I had a few months enjoying a Build I paid for again when I went LTS and now its useless to the way I play it, I'm doing about half the damage I use to before this "Fix" (break).

Why can't you add more powers to HW or DB to equal the choices of some other builds. These two have very little choices for theme, while other builds have like thirty. Wondering can I get a refund or is anyone looking to buy an account with 15 lvl 40 toons and a 16th still leveling up?

I barely like any builds in this game, three, and you killed one of them, so sad. So its spend a week figuring out how to save a little damage loss, without losing to much elsewhere to try to come even, with an already not Stellar build. And then learn to play a new toon that will look the same but combo up very differently. I suppose I can just do what everyone else does and just a carbon copy of the same builds everyone uses, unfortunately thats not why I played this game, I could have gone and Played WOW if I wanted that.

Might as well get rid of all AT's / FF Builds altogether and just make four builds players can use. CC, Heal, Tank and DPS, since most builds I see now a days all have very similar powers anyways, if you into doing better within the game. Hell lets take the choice completely away from the players, so why stop there.

After that lets just make it so everyone gets a set of gear that you have to pay to level and of course you learn at 40th level that the healer you were making needs to be retconned into a DPS toon, because your gear randomly chooses any of the three builds you didn't choose to play. Low and behold, (hey :) another reason for a Retcon, even if you'll never play that toon.

Okay I vented, going to Retcon my three HW Toons :expressionless: Glad I use this as my leveling build, well at least use to.

Sincerely
    Trace Magus

P.S. and I am not even a number cruncher like most players, but I can see this is a nerf, not a fix :/
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    So, uh, I'd like to raise a question.

Since cooldowns got added to powers that were already weak without cooldowns, and powers that already did low-ish damage got their damage nerfed even harder in exchange for a 5' range buff that doesn't serve any real benefit in exchange and threatens other powersets with the notion of being nerfed in exchange for gimmicks that defy the ruleset all other powers go by...

Why should I actually ever use anything other than Annihilate?
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...

Since cooldowns got added to powers that were already weak without cooldowns, and powers that already did low-ish damage got their damage nerfed even harder in exchange for a 5' range buff that doesn't serve any real benefit in exchange and threatens other powersets with the notion of being nerfed in exchange for gimmicks that defy the ruleset all other powers go by...

What I find confusing is that nowhere can I find any description of exactly what powers had their damage changed and whether it was raised or lowered. I mean, what the heck do vague descriptions like "adjusted damage for cost" tell anyone?

That's the million $ question. I'm currently wondering what you could pull off going with a reckless/disorient/demolish build using skullcrusher as your main attack and taking 3/3 in Glory of Battle and 3/3 Mass Destruction but just on paper it seems like that would have a much longer ramp up time and clunkier rotations than just eruption opener > tap Arc > spam Annihilate. And having to build reckless stacks if they drop off sounds like a pita
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I'm still just so sour about this whole thing. It didn't make HW fun at all. It didn't resolve the rooting problems that get you killed. It didn't resolve the commit to spin on annie. Welcome to fun things that you can't evade until you're done spinning - (destroyer pee showers being the #1 issue.) The ult feels clunky, and terrible. It doesn't do enough dmg either. Arc costs /WAY/ too much to make it a reliable AOE. HW is now just.... broken. Why would anyone want to even try to burden themselves with all this clunk, and inability to reliably AOE, when they can just go pick another set that's much more smooth, and doesn't have all these problems. 0.5/10.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User

What I find confusing is that nowhere can I find any description of exactly what powers had their damage changed and whether it was raised or lowered. I mean, what the heck do vague descriptions like "adjusted damage for cost" tell anyone?

That's the million $ question. I'm currently wondering what you could pull off going with a reckless/disorient/demolish build using skullcrusher as your main attack and taking 3/3 in Glory of Battle and 3/3 Mass Destruction but just on paper it seems like that would have a much longer ramp up time and clunkier rotations than just eruption opener > tap Arc > spam Annihilate. And having to build reckless stacks if they drop off sounds like a pita

And even beyond that, just Incendiary Grenade into Annihilate. That's the clear takeaway we're supposed to get with this: just use Annihilate exclusively, pair it with Incendiary Grenade, and then take Dragon Kick for AoE. Screw having options and all that fun stuff.

As far as "adjusted damage for cost" goes, it's our job as a community to read the minds of our devs. We just need to get good, stop using patch notes as a crutch and open our psychic third eye.

Or maybe this particular moon-logic rework just hit me a little harder than usual because this is a particularly painful push towards no alternatives to the holy meta of "MA or bestial for everything or else go kill yourself small failure child" which I, as someone who doesn't like having a dozen duplicate characters of the same build, do not appreciate the thought of.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
    I'm just hoping that Aesica updates the Hero Creator this weekend.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited January 2022

And even beyond that, just Incendiary Grenade into Annihilate. That's the clear takeaway we're supposed to get with this: just use Annihilate exclusively, pair it with Incendiary Grenade, and then take Dragon Kick for AoE. Screw having options and all that fun stuff.

I know you were just being sarcastic (which I totally get!) but we can't even do that lol. Eruption w/ magma and Arc with advantages are still going to end up better dps lead-ins to Annih, plus the fact those other options won't work with the ironclad mod.
    **retraction as we discussed in-game: According to tooltips, an Arc tap for me was at 1137 damage, whereas Incendiary Grenade is at 1637 with the dot damage included. This should bring you back up to your old damage you used to get from arc before the patch, and free up one power since you can if you choose, drop both Arc and Eruption this way. I suppose the rotation would now be Incendiary > 3-4x Annihilate > repeat. One less knock to proc pulverize though so I may have to suck up losing CON as my 3rd SS but I'll have to test.

I know people have been tinkering around with skull crusher main attack ideas but like I touched on above you need a BUNCH of things going on to make it a viable Annihilate replacement: You still need CF and NQ but you'll also need reckless stacks, disorient, and demolish to make all the new advantages work together. And on top of all that, some of those adv were things that were stripped from being built in and made into adv points. I'm well aware from the comments on Discord that the devs don't think this review is a nerf and they appear set on that stance but... well it just is. If you even attempt to move away from an Annihilate build, HW is kinda like the Gadgeteering set of melee now with the messy disorganized mish-mash of powers and adv points.

If someone is able to put together a HW DPS build that's NOT the same old Annihilate build but just as good and not a clunky mess of rotation, I'll post a video of me eating my keyboard. The only thing HW can be without suffering quite as much now is a tank. Or some just-for-kicks theme build for non-endgame stuff. Honestly, I much much preferred the self root of this set to this and wish I could have it back.

Or just tell us instead of leaving us to guess exactly what damage you've raised/lowered for the attack powers? I have no idea why you're treating this in a secretive manner? If you just did that one simple thing we'd all know whether or not you've truly nerfed this set's DPS as everyone is speculating so far and could do our retcons in an informed manner.
    Post edited by omnius#0640 on
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    not sure what the whole thought process is behind the changes, and can only hope and guess that some added powers or abilities are coming down the line to help clarify the changes and have them make more sense.
  • The cooldown on Brimstone...just why? It has been one of my favorite powers since the set was introduced and still remained that way through all the previous tweaks and now...what the heck? There is no reason for that addition that I can think of that is a net gain for any player or the game as a whole.

Also another thing is I know some real explaination may have been given for all these changes on pts threads (im not sure since I dont really go there) but devs really should kind of give a reason for the changes they make. Like a little blog section in the patch notes to explain there intention for whatever changes they make at the time atleast when it come to something like this. Actually saw another games dev team do it that way and it was refreshing so atleast even if you didnt agree with the changes you werent left in the dark about the reason for them. This just sucks.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    The cooldown on Brimstone...just why? It has been one of my favorite powers since the set was introduced and still remained that way through all the previous tweaks and now...what the heck? There is no reason for that addition that I can think of that is a net gain for any player or the game as a whole.

Also another thing is I know some real explaination may have been given for all these changes on pts threads (im not sure since I dont really go there) but devs really should kind of give a reason for the changes they make. Like a little blog section in the patch notes to explain there intention for whatever changes they make at the time atleast when it come to something like this. Actually saw another games dev team do it that way and it was refreshing so atleast even if you didnt agree with the changes you werent left in the dark about the reason for them. This just sucks.

^^^I could possibly get behind changes a little easier if I knew why they were happening. As of now it just seems arbitrary
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I'd imagine the nerfs are because they wanted to take away something in exchange for granting 15' range. In a vacuum with no other things changed, 5' range gain is rather impressive. Probably devs don't think its a nerf because because of that. I think it would have been fine leave everything the way it was prior to the patch, and just add a 2 pt adv for +5' range. That way players who want the extra range at cost can do so (r3 vs more range), while not nerfing the players who didn't want to give up base power utility for the extra range.
  • mynx#5889 mynx Posts: 9 Arc User
    I know HW is the major discussion here but Latent Psi is now bugged, please see

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1216992/unable-to-leave-in-combat-state
    edited January 2022
    The really sad thing is that in the dev's mind these changes to HW may count as this year's power revamp and we then won't see one for one of the sets that really needs it: Force, Gadgeteering, Celestial, Earth, Wind would all have been more useful sets to work on :(
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Count me in with everyone else, this rework sucks. Its an overall nerf to the set that already wasn't great to begin with, but did it really need a rework at all? Didn't we just rework it with the Rockstar AT? Why not work on a powerset that actually NEEDS a rework? Gadgeteering? Force? Celestial? Earth? Telepathy?

On the plus side, glad we got a HW Ultimate. It looks cool and thank you for giving it the Challenge advantage so its actually useable by tanks. Catastrophic Pummeling STILL needs it. Final Punch too but, that ones just TERRIBLE. (Doesn't matter how much damage it does, losing 8 stacks of Enrage is NEVER worth it. Nott to mention it never actually knocks in PvP, but I digress.)

The HW set in general is just a mess. Crushing Damage or Fire damage? Demolish or No Quarter? Both I guess? Sucks for Brute Force though when half your damage is Fire for NO reason. Then there's Knock, Disorient, Reckless, Clinging Flames, like what the heck are you actually trying to do with this set?

IMO, take out all the fire stuff. Make THAT into the advantages. Add the split fire damage and clinging flames like Chi Flame on the Martial Arts sets. But otherwise just leave it all Crushing. And Reckless is a cool ability, so why not make THAT the key ability of the set? Make the knock stuff secondary, or adv type stuff. Give us a new Form and Energy Unlock that works off Reckless.

Just doesn't seem like this was at all well thought-out.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Bug: Bastion from OV Defender Gloves are 5% shield from damage. Bastion from base Heavy Weapons (not Vicious Decent) is 10%. Upon testing with my HW tank, they are not separate and it is difficult to tell which is taking priority.

Suggestion: Make OV Defender Gloves give the same Bastion % (10%) as other sources, not including the buffed one from Vicious Decent advantage.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    nbkxs wrote: »
    This is infuriating. The brimstone CD ruined the power, it's not a reliable AOE anymore. Arc cost too much to be a reliable AOE. Pyre doesn't really work for similar reasons, and now the char just feels broken. I didn't really play it much to begin with because HW was clunky. Now, it's just even worse. And likely to just shelf the character, and never touch it again. GJ.

Yeah, the CD makes Brimstone downright unplayable. Why?

BTW, this is the third adjustment to HW powers since I started playing, and all of them have objectively made the powerset worse. At no point in time was HW 'overpowered'. I guess the game devs really don't want me to play my HW character. I'm frankly tired of having to retcon her and figure out what still works.
    If you cycle 3 AoE's instead of spamming one, they almost come off CD seamlessly. I'm currently doing Eruption>Arc>Brimstone>quick filler attack
    If you cycle 3 AoE's instead of spamming one, they almost come off CD seamlessly. I'm currently doing Eruption>Arc>Brimstone>quick filler attack

But, why should we have to do this. It should be my choice if I want to spam Brimstone, Arc, or something else. This was a pointless change to the power. The devs were just wrong to do it.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Honest opinion, a power should never have a cooldown if it is not just a click power, maintain and charge should not have such at all. Ironically, they removed such from Archery before.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

But, why should we have to do this. It should be my choice if I want to spam Brimstone, Arc, or something else. This was a pointless change to the power. The devs were just wrong to do it.

Not saying you have to, just saying it works, and I can add quite well. People claim on the CO discord that HW is "one of the lowest dps melee" but even if that were true, I more often than not can hit the top 5 on cosmics with mine. I can, if I wanted to, hit 6.7k dps on ACT in the powerhouse (post-patch) which is a pretty damn respectable score but don't want to build that way. If I were to guess, my 'fun first' build would still parse well over 6k. Can I wipe out mobs as fast as my TK blades? Nope. But with these changes I can do so at a respectable rate while at the same time having a wider range, and ridiculously better survivability. Most power set have strengths to play to, but I admit several needed more attention than HW. My theory, just going on casual comments I've seen on discord is that they just don't know how to tackle those.

What I'll also concede is that the brimstone CD does end up limiting your power and advantage point spread choices quite a bit.