test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Freedomforce V3

rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Champions Online Discussion
To be honest I don't understand why people believe lies and deceit over someone who has been telling the truth
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    The CO group? Or the PC superhero game?
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    omega2764 wrote: »
    The CO group? Or the PC superhero game?

it's about a player who illegally took my Super Group from me and refuses to give it back
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Could be because none of us can tell who is telling the truth. Anyone can say anything they like on the internet and there is no way to know who is lying.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Could be because none of us can tell who is telling the truth. Anyone can say anything they like on the internet and there is no way to know who is lying.

what I said earlier is the truth also this was around October and November in 2018 when I took a break from gaming to recharge it was in this time frame that this player was promoted to Super leader by my cofounder and when I logged back on the name and emblem and the ranks had been changed I changed them back and this was when I had put this rule down "anyone who takes over this Super Group will be kicked." Toward the end of 2019 and the start of 2020 I started playing Star Trek Online cause I felt like I was abandoning my fleet and yes it does take some time to get the ingame resources to put into my fleets projects and even I was playing STO I still kept logging on into Champions from time to time and each time I did log on I still had the rank of Super leader that was until the last week of February 2020 and on the first week of March that was when I fount out that this player demoted all of my characters to the Leader rank on March 3rd I game mailed her and i said "I advise you to rank me back up to Super Leader asap." The next day after I came home from work I logged on and I fount out that she had kicked me out of my Guild that I started on 10/1/2016
    rojan1987 wrote: »

what I said earlier is the truth also this was around October and November in 2018 when I took a break from gaming to recharge it was in this time frame that this player was promoted to Super leader by my cofounder and when I logged back on the name and emblem and the ranks had been changed I changed them back and this was when I had put this rule down "anyone who takes over this Super Group will be kicked." Toward the end of 2019 and the start of 2020 I started playing Star Trek Online cause I felt like I was abandoning my fleet sense I am the only one who is active and yes it does take some time to get the ingame resources to put into my fleets projects and even I was playing STO I still kept logging on into Champions from time to time and each time I did log on I still had the rank of Super leader that was until the last week of February 2020 and on the first week of March that was when I fount out that this player demoted all of my characters to the Leader rank on March 3rd I game mailed her and i said "I advise you to rank me back up to Super Leader asap." The next day after I came home from work I logged on and I fount out that she had kicked me out of my Guild that I started on 10/1/2016

That is why you don't let those that are lower be able to out ranck you or do like i did and just find your own group and put all your own characters in it.

here is the rank list I had in Freedomforce

Junior Officer
    Officer
    Senior Officer
    Leader
    Super Leader

she demoted me to Leader when I was at the Super leader rank her role in Freedomforce was to be the banker
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    This is the 3rd separate thread regarding this drama.

Just start a new one, and don't disappear for so long next time.

Who knows, a new SG may work out better than the previous one.

So what you have told me is that I should only be playing this game and not take a break.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User

what I said earlier is the truth also this was around October and November in 2018 when I took a break from gaming to recharge it was in this time frame that this player was promoted to Super leader by my cofounder and when I logged back on the name and emblem and the ranks had been changed I changed them back and this was when I had put this rule down "anyone who takes over this Super Group will be kicked." Toward the end of 2019 and the start of 2020 I started playing Star Trek Online cause I felt like I was abandoning my fleet and yes it does take some time to get the ingame resources to put into my fleets projects and even I was playing STO I still kept logging on into Champions from time to time and each time I did log on I still had the rank of Super leader that was until the last week of February 2020 and on the first week of March that was when I fount out that this player demoted all of my characters to the Leader rank on March 3rd I game mailed her and i said "I advise you to rank me back up to Super Leader asap." The next day after I came home from work I logged on and I fount out that she had kicked me out of my Guild that I started on 10/1/2016

There it is highlighted. It doesn't matter at all about the rest. Anyone ... repeat ... ANYONE ... that has the top rank, whether it is a rank shared by others, can do what they want, to and with the guild. It doesn't matter about the rest. That person had the rank and so could do whatever they want.

Right and wrong doesn't enter into this for a GM to make a decision. You have our sympathy. However, you need to know that all you can do now is continue to plead your case, which is highly doubtful to rule in your favor.
    OR
    Move on and learn the lesson that many of us have had to learn the hard way.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User

So what you have told me is that I should only be playing this game and not take a break.

Now that is just plain dumb. That's not at all what he was saying, and you know it. When you say things like this it will have a tendency to make people less trusting of anything you say, including your claims about the SG drama.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Reason there's options for Ranks.
    Is missing.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Still that did not give this player the right to take Freedomforce from me and there is one way for it to be passed officially
    edited January 2022
    > @rojan1987 said:
    > So what you have told me is that I should only be playing this game and not take a break.

A year long "break"? Cmon...

It's not unreasonable (actually quite logical) for the members of that SG to assume you quit after not being on for that long. Who in their right mind would wait around for someone that long to get things done?

I've been in SG's where leaders went to play other games for a while. But they still showed up weekly or bi-weekly to talk to everyone and take care of their concerns. Or at the very least kept communcation open with certain delegates to the point where they are easily accessible via Discord or whatever.

At the end of the day, the leader needs to be around for the membership to take care of all the behind-the-scenes admin stuff, keep membership fresh and busy, etc.

Especially so when the SG's membership is dedicated to the game enough not to take year long breaks. And not leave lower-ranking officers to the regular upkeep the founders SHOULD have been doing.

I'm sorry, but mutiny isn't exactly a good sign of leadership being in touch with its membership.

Just start a more casual SG. One where you can come and go as you please and no one would care. Plenty of people with plenty of alts looking for a home.
    edited January 2022
    I'm speaking from experience here. I used to run a popular SG in CoH. I decided to take a break to play WoW with my family, RL friends. I gave some admin/ recruiting power to a member who was more active in the game than I was.

When I came back after 3 months, the SG was max membership, and everyone was going to him for advice, concerns, etc.

I decided to do the right thing for the SG (not me) and pass the crown and give full reigns to him, which he gladly accepted. He even gave me a special rank, "Founder", so even though I wasn't really running things anymore, I still had a bit of clout in the SG when I logged on since it was my idea to begin with.

Maybe you can discuss a similar compromise.
    > @rojan1987 said:
    > So what you have told me is that I should only be playing this game and not take a break.

A year long "break"? Cmon...
    it was not a year long
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    The other simple facts are these:

1. You have the right to complain.
    2. We've given all the advice we can.
    3. No amount discussion on the forums will help you with the GMs, who they alone, decide your case.
    4. The max rank was given to this player by someone in the guild authorized, by in-game rules, not yours, to do so. Accordingly, anyone with the top rank can do anything they want. You may not like it, but that's what the TOS and EULA allows.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »
    The other simple facts are these:

1. You have the right to complain.
    2. We've given all the advice we can.
    3. No amount discussion on the forums will help you with the GMs, who they alone, decide your case.
    4. The max rank was given to this player by someone in the guild authorized, by in-game rules, not yours, to do so. Accordingly, anyone with the top rank can do anything they want. You may not like it, but that's what the TOS and EULA allows.​​

I disagree with the 4th one
    I agree with @warcanch. The co-founder you started Freedomforce with had as much right to promote whoever. It was as much your co-founders call as it was yours.

If what your saying is true, there WAS a short time that you were OK with it. Your final message to not 'mess with guild settings or be kicked' was obviously a gauntlet thrown down to the other person who had the same power as you did.

Judging from the manner you spoke, there was previous tension between you the person, and was getting to point of who was going to kick the other first.
This discussion has been closed.