test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eruption - Damage Immunity

hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Items and Crafting
The device mentions that is grants immunity to most forms of damage, so I was wondering what forms of damage it doesn't grant immunity to.

If I were to hazard a guess I would think that it's based on the rank of the enemy that's attacking (i.e. anything above Master Villain) as I don't really see it used outside of the occasional PvP duel?

Edit: Amended title from Omicron Induced Strength to Eruption.
Post edited by hemslord on

Comments

• Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I believe this is more of a reference to different kinds of damage. In certain content, there is damage that will hit you for a % of your total health, ie: Teleios' virus, Eidolon's red orbs, Therakiel's light or dark aura. I believe this is the kind of damage that is not blocked by the "immunity", as well as dedicated one-shot moves like in Fire and Ice and Medusa's psi bombs in TA.

As far as I've tested, the immunity works on direct boss damage as high as cosmics, so the rank of the target shouldn't matter.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Aren't you refering to the device: ERUPTION?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    I believe this is more of a reference to different kinds of damage. In certain content, there is damage that will hit you for a % of your total health, ie: Teleios' virus, Eidolon's red orbs, Therakiel's light or dark aura. I believe this is the kind of damage that is not blocked by the "immunity", as well as dedicated one-shot moves like in Fire and Ice and Medusa's psi bombs in TA.

As far as I've tested, the immunity works on direct boss damage as high as cosmics, so the rank of the target shouldn't matter.

Oh great, I'll have to invest in one in that case, thanks for the info.
    warcanch wrote: »
    Aren't you refering to the device: ERUPTION?​​

Oops, brain fart! Thanks, I've updated the title.
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    This is a really awesome device, especially for tanks. That extra immunity can buy time for cooldowns to come back or a healer to target you in clutch situations. It is somewhat difficult to time, but fun and possible to facetank a full duration mega-d foom with eruption.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    h4forums wrote: »
    This is a really awesome device, especially for tanks. That extra immunity can buy time for cooldowns to come back or a healer to target you in clutch situations. It is somewhat difficult to time, but fun and possible to facetank a full duration mega-d foom with eruption.

It is all that.

1.5 sec chargeup, iirc. So, if they're doing some fast KILLER hits, you still might go splat while it charges up.

Most things from Cosmics are affected by the IMMUNITY provided. Not all, however. I don't have a complete list, but iirc, Dino/Baby breath debuff will still "hit" you. And the Eruption may or may not protect you from further damage nor the extra damage since you got debuffed.

There are some newer effects that totally ignore this device too. Lousy thing to say when I just can't remember what they are.

Overall, I do pack this on some of my tanks for that "last thing I can click to stay alive" moment.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Eruption only works against damage (non-damaging debuffs are unaffected) and does not work against effects that ignore defense. I would expect it to not work against ice tombs at Kigatilik, the green bubble DoT at Teleiosaurus, geysers, yellow orb explosions, and red orb damage at Eidolon, ...