test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Movement

I've been away from the game for a long time because Windows 10 was causing problems with my ability to move; basically, even if I pressed the movement keys my character remained frozen in place. However, the new Win 11 update seems to have fixed that... for the most part. It's just that when I press the movement keys, my character starts moving in that direction and does not stop until I press the same key again, whereas I want the character to move while the key remains pressed and held, and then stops when I release the key. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    New keyboard?....
    And nuke the W11 from the orbit...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    That definitely sounds like a keyboard problem. If it's a fancy gaming keyboard, like something from Razer, perhaps you need to make sure you're running up-to-date drivers? I'm running a Razer Ornata Chroma and it pretty much bugs me for downloading updates at least once every couple of weeks.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    I play with an Xbox controller, so it might be worth while plugging one of those in and seeing if that is a work around for the time being.
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have windows 10 and i have no problems