test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alien Looking Costume

How would I go about making this costume below looking more alien like and also better looking?
vL71m5X.jpg

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Guess it depends on what exactly you're going for. As of the screenshot, it could be interpreted as an alien, a robot, or a human in a suit of armor. You could mess with the sliders to alter the body shape into something less human looking, to give a more alien feel. Also, play with the pieces you have unlocked, and see what kind of combination you can come up with. Sometimes it just takes the right combo of pieces, with the right colors, to unlock that inspiration you needed to perfect the look. The powers you choose can help define your look as well. I have a couple characters where I've designed their looks base around the powers I wanted the characters to have.

I will say, in the current picture, the Night Hawk legs do not mesh well with the rest of the look. But that's just my opinion. Also, matching the gauntlets color with the boots might help improve the look. Once again, just my opinion. In the end, it's all about what you like. People can tell you all day that your look is amazing, but if it doesn't feel right to you, then it'll detract from your fun of playing the character. Also, take a look at costume pieces you haven't unlocked yet, that you feel you can get access to. Maybe you'll see a piece that will spark the creativity you need to finish it. I know that has helped me a lot in the past.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Think new Yoshimitsu from T7. Incorporate a little more bio into his look. Reactor helm would be better with a glass head where you can see in his brain. But don't take the whole look. Make it look both yet neither mechanical nor biological.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited January 2022
    hBHlwGQ.png
    This is Inyō
    Alien-ish Oni
    His design is based on the Inyō symbol itself
  • rosewyndrosewynd Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    The concept of this character is a solar power alien hence the sun emblem. The reason he wears the Steel Arachnid helmet is that I want it to look like he has six eyes. I know that I do not like the color of his costume right now but I am not sure what color the costume should be.
    Post edited by rosewynd on
    rosewynd wrote: »
    The concept of this character is a solar power alien hence the sun emblem. The reason he wears the Steel Arachnid helmet is that I want it to look like he has six eyes. I know that I do not like the color of his costume right now but I am not sure what color the costume should be.

Based on what you said here, and using your original as a template, I threw together this concept look. Mixing biological alien designs with some tech.

screenshot-2022-01-04-17-00-04.jpg
  • rosewyndrosewynd Posts: 73 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    rosewynd wrote: »

Based on what you said here, and using your original as a template, I threw together this concept look. Mixing biological alien designs with some tech.

screenshot-2022-01-04-17-00-04.jpg
    How did you do the emblem in the picture above?

It's the "Eclipsed" emblem. I believe it came from the Nightmare Invasion in the event store.
    edited January 2022
    Hmm I'd ease up on the yellow

Either more geomorphic with ice or rock costume pieces. Will give him a more burnt rabid look.

Or faces Armor for a more gody look. If I was to recolor the gold the faces on the Armor could also look very organic. Dark grey rockish Armor while making the skin under look more in flames. I highly recommend lithium and lead black colors. With orange flame.
    kYtBBxH.jpg
    Max glow brightness on the yellow parts like this

Or go more Bane like.
    Try the red parts as black. Use Mechanical dragonfly wings as solar panels on his back if you have it or Tesla coils like a power grid power generator. Few wires here and there.
    RdIgIFy.jpg
    Then you give him a sort of battery wrapped look like this
    You could use sliver brush metal type tights as well.

Am also not sure if you want it more good Humanoid. Or more Xenomorphic evil.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    edited January 2022
    Try ironclad head instead with face accessories to make it into something different. Use wire ventilator on the mouth.