test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about hideouts

If I buy different styles of the same hideout, like the Penthouse, do they act as different hideouts or is it just one hideout with more options?

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    In a nutshell... One hideout with more options.

If you have all of the Penthouses, you can mix/match the different pieces to customize your hideout.
  • Options
    renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    cool thanks!
  • Options
    rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    speaking about hideouts I would like to see to other rooms on the moon base accessible
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    rojan1987 wrote: »
    speaking about hideouts I would like to see to other rooms on the moon base accessible

Sadly that's not likely to happen. Tumerboy was the one doing all the work on Hideouts, and he no longer works on CO. He acts as a judge during Dev CC's, but he's no longer a CO Dev. He got moved over to either STO or NWO (can't remember which). No one has taken up his role since, which is why nothing new has come around for Hideouts.
  • Options
    It's too bad they are working on hideouts. There are a lot of interiors already in the game that would make decent hideouts
  • Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    The Basement has the same problem in that it has rooms that are still inaccessible.

As for hideouts in general.

When you buy one it comes with a basic loadout and a few options for mild customization. If you get a variant of that hideout then you can now mix and match parts from that set. So say you have all three Moonbases, you could have the walls and floor from one, the railings and tables from another, and the rest from the third. Or whatever suits your tastes.

Just one is usually enough options for most. But some of us like more options.

Personally I think the Penthouse has hands down the most options for a single purchase. Lots of things can customize.
  • Options
    I've glitched out of the basement before and saw the "other rooms" it was just filled with all the objects that are from the other options, i assume they can be loaded in instantly when you select them. So I guess the other hideouts have something like that.

Maybe a miracle will happen and Gearbox or whoever will give them a surprise budget for Champions because one of suits happens to be a fan and player, lol.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    Has there been ANY word on if they'll unlock the entire base for us to use? A lot of them have extra rooms that we can't access, and it's just a really weird thing that they've never addressed.
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Has there been ANY word on if they'll unlock the entire base for us to use? A lot of them have extra rooms that we can't access, and it's just a really weird thing that they've never addressed.

Nope. All the Hideout locations have inaccessible extra areas. Some of them can be seen by using the new Mag auras which can allow your camera to clip through the walls. Some, like the Basement, you can glitch out of the map by logging out in the hideout and immediately logging back in. And you can just walk outside the Moon Base and see the other rooms and halls as you walk the moon's surface. But since it was all being worked on by one guy, and he was shifted to one of the other games, no one has taken his place and no word has been given on the continuation of that part of the game. Those extra rooms were meant to be future expansions. For example, all of them, except for the Sanctuary, have a room with a Dojo style gym. This was believe to be a Hideout-centric training location akin to the Powerhouse. The other room commonly seen, the one that looks like a cluttered storage room, was believe to have been a Hideout-centric Auction House for a future update. Two things players were really hoping to receive. Now they sit unused, forever hidden as Easter eggs to what could have been.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    From what I understand, the code for Hideouts is such a tangle of spaghetti that only Tumerboy could be the one to untangle it, but since he's not working on CO anymore, no one else can really tackle it.

If you log off while standing on the ventilation ducts in the Cave hideout (easiest in the Tropical version with the waterfall) and log back in you'll spawn slightly above the skybox.

One of the hidden rooms was probably going to be a crafting nook, as you can make out specific crafting-related objects piled within the hidden rooms. This moreso reflects the old crafting system, back when there were crafting skill subtypes; the "Dojo-Style Gym" mentioned earlier in the thread was most likely part of the Arms Martial Arts setup. You can see an old screenshot I took years back of the Cave's hidden and abandoned crafting nook. 1e1vwMY.jpg
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    I know they hate people bringing up the ideas of CO 2 or STO 2 but the games are in a terrible state and could seriously due with a new version of each. More so, if they want to keep them running for another ten years. Or, as is the unfortunate case, if they haven't managed to launch a game since NW which was 2013, i think?

They've got a clearly profitable game in STO, and CO has enough of a following to keep the lights on. It would just be nice if they put in the money and time to give them a good overhaul and update, for modernization purposes.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Hmm, I wonder in how many threads you are going to bring this up? They can barely keep the CO lights on. Not going to see any BIG changes here.
    I know they hate people bringing up the ideas of CO 2 or STO 2 but the games are in a terrible state and could seriously due with a new version of each. More so, if they want to keep them running for another ten years. Or, as is the unfortunate case, if they haven't managed to launch a game since NW which was 2013, i think?

They've got a clearly profitable game in STO, and CO has enough of a following to keep the lights on. It would just be nice if they put in the money and time to give them a good overhaul and update, for modernization purposes.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    The theory that one of those spare rooms might have been intended as a crafting station. Back when crafting still existed... That sounds very likely when you examine some of these locked off rooms.

And even if they cant code in new stuff now. How hard would it be to go in with the map editing tools and just delete the doors so players can at least walk around a little more? But such potential lost now.

Still. Even as is the hideouts are a nice touch.