test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this game still active or dead?

I stumbled on this game again and was gonna fire it up and play around, but the only subscription (gold/silver) I could find was the lifetime and while im willing to throw a few bucks to play free form (I remember this from before) Im certainly not dropping $250.

I can't even seem to find the zen store lol. It's almost like they dont want my money!

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Active. Besides purchasing a lifetime subscription, you can play under the Free to Play system with AT characters and/or purchase FreeForm characters slots and the Premium Pack from the Zen store. The Zen store button is at the bottom of your mini map in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I think you can only access the z store when logged in; recommended flow is 'create a new character if you can, else pick a character you don't mind having converted to an AT; log in and claim the premium pack, which should be free if you used to be a subscriber (but I don't think gets automatically applied, because Cryptic). Figure out if you're interested enough to spend money'. Free Form when not on sale is I think $30 for 1 or $60 for three.
  • Options
    crimzenraincrimzenrain Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you both.

$30 for that is pretty ridiculous. I was gonna just create a subscription thinking it was half that to be able to play.

thank you both for the quick answer and help thou!
  • Options
    bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Thank you both.

$30 for that is pretty ridiculous. I was gonna just create a subscription thinking it was half that to be able to play.

thank you both for the quick answer and help thou!

That character will remain freeform forever, but ultimately the cost/benefit analysis is up to you
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    If one plays a few weeks every 5 years or so it may not be worth it.

Truth be told, they don't want players like the OP who only pop in like that.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    The best I can say is I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase I but maybe a year or less ago. Then again I'm an altaholic and a theme builder.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    not sure OP. especially with all this talk of Gearbox shutting down some of cryptic's games.​​
  • Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Since this thread has been resurrected...

Yes. This game still very much active. Yeah it may not be 2000 people on at the same time, but there's always enough people on to get worthwhile content done.

Although you don't need LTS, I purchased it in on sale in 2017 (in spite of all the doomsday talk since 2009) and haven't regretted it. 6000 free Zen a year without even needing to log in is nothing to scoff at for what would have been paying about a year's worth of subbing up-front.

Get one when it's on sale, in a year you made a little under 1/3 of your investment back.

Even if you do end up regretting it and quit the game the day after you bought LTS, You'll get your money back in Zen eventually.

Gonna laugh at everyone who hesitated if Gearbox decides to bump up the price of LTS when they realize how much of a long term bargain it is, especially since it's still priced according to the 2009 market, lol.
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    not sure OP. especially with all this talk of Gearbox shutting down some of cryptic's games.​​

Stop spreading miss information. They said there is no plans to shut down CO . And development would remain as normal.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    Personally, i think they abandoned this game YEARS ago, but in the last two or so, they've actually started putting in SOME effort. Mind you, they've flat out told us no new powersets, ever again, which for a superhero game... ain't great. More so, when you consider how many things are still broken or how little we're getting vs the Zen store is still charging STO level prices.

I wouldn't say it's dead dead but even Billy Crystal wouldn't want to bother on this one. I'll be curious to see what happens once it's under the Gearbox label, officially.