test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shield Powers

kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Suggestions Box
Might Powerset > Shield Powers

Like weapon-based powers, these powers enable the selection of a shield costume in the Tailor. Ideally, there could even be an Imaginary Shield option available from the Foxbat Event like with various weapons.

Mighty Shield
- Block Power
- While blocking, grants 300% resistance all damage while blocking.
- Increases your resistance to Holds & Knocks.
- Decreases your movement speed.
- As you block with this power, you gain stacks of Burden every 1 second. (Up to 5 stacks) Burden is a debuff which lowers movement speed for 3 seconds. All existing stacks are refreshed when new stacks are applied. This slowing effect is applied on top of the normal slowing effect applied by all other blocks.
- Unburden(3): This power no longer applies stacks of Burden over time. Moreover, you become immune to enemy slowing effects such as snare while blocking.

Note: Basically, in exchange for extra block strength you get hit with a stacking debuff that makes it increasing harder to evade while blocking. Even after you stop blocking, the slow will persist for 3 seconds. If you're a tank at Ape then you'd wanna use a lunge power after knocks for sure. The way around this handicap is the Unburden advantage which grants normal block mobility to the power at the cost of a rank while also making you immune to enemy slowing effects like snares.

Shield Bash
A quick smack with your shield catches your target off-guard leaving them vulnerable.
- Melee Stun
- 10ft, Single Target
- Requires 1 power from Might or 2 non-energy building powers from any framework.
- Deals single target crushing damage.
- Target is stunned.
- Shaken(2): Applies or refreshes Trauma on your target. (Same as as trauma advantage on other stun powers.)
- Accelerated Metabolism(2): Same as other stun powers.
- Challenge!(1): Same as other stun powers.

Shield Throw
Strategically hurl your shield at your enemies to have it return your ready grasp. (You may not actually see it return or the catch but your shield obviously reappears on your arm so civilians are impressed regardless.)
- 50ft Ranged, 3ft Cylinder(5 targets max)
- Requires 3 power from Might or 4 non-energy building powers from any framework.
- Tap: Deals crushing damage to targets. Has a 50% chance to apply Stagger to targets. (3 max)
- Charge: Deals crushing damage to targets. Has a 85% chance to knock down targets. This chance is increased by 5% per target for each stack of Stagger on that target. Deals additional damage to knock immune targets.
- Dizzying Impact(2): This power now applies Disorient.
- Stunning Impact(2): This power now has a 25% chance to stun targets.
- Challenge!(1): We all know this one.

Note: Ranks only increase damage on this power. The Stagger/Knock chances are static.

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    I would like an option in the Tailor for the Boomerang powers to include shields and other objects that you can throw. Same for HURL. And, any other THROW abilities.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Besides implementing and powers they'd have to do a LOT of work on representing shields on character models. I don't think there is currently a large shield that does not clip with one of the block powers and a fair number of costume pieces (back and arms) clip on them. I've been pretty disappointed with a lot of the shield costume pieces (not the tiny ones that are really bucklers) because of these clipping issues.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Maybe you'll enjoy browsing my thread for a full fledged shield framework. ;)
  • Options
    kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Besides implementing and powers they'd have to do a LOT of work on representing shields on character models. I don't think there is currently a large shield that does not clip with one of the block powers and a fair number of costume pieces (back and arms) clip on them. I've been pretty disappointed with a lot of the shield costume pieces (not the tiny ones that are really bucklers) because of these clipping issues.

I agree & share your disappointment.