test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for solo resource farming tips.

As the title says i'm looking for veteran player tips to guide me through resource farming.I'm just looking for other ways to farm/grind resources rather than just spamming smashes.I saw bunch of videos about Andrith Ruins but they were seem to be out of date.I'd be so gratefull for your informations, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    To be perfectly honest, farming resources by just killing stuff over and over isn't the most efficient way to get resources. You need to other stuff besides Smash farming if you want to make some money.

If you're level 40 you can join cosmic runs and sell the trash items. Some drops like the secondary cosmic gear and certain costume parts can sell decently. Eido drops can sell in the 4 digits if you don't care about keeping them for yourself. If you don't care about the GCR/SCR you get from cosmics, you can use those to buy mods from the Recognition Vendor and sell them.

If you're the gambling type, you can buy keys in the AH and use them on Collectors Boxes. All the vouchers you get can sell for 150g for the common ones, and around 3000g for certain gold ones depending on the market. Harmon Catalysts and certain travel powers/costumes from the other lockboxes sell for a lot if you're lucky enough to get them.

With the drifter salvage you get from lockboxes, you can get highly sought-after items like Psionic Accelerator and auction them out. I've seen them go from between 500-1200g depending on demand.

I also suggest learning a crafting skill, craft mods to either r5, r7, or r9, and sell the ones you don't use. Single stat mods are always in demand, and certian dual-stat mods are in higher demand due to rarity. Threat mods like Confront and Brute Force can sell well depending on the rank you craft them to. Same with the damage boosting utility mods.

And if you have questionite to spare, you can get Trade Paperbacks when they are on sale and sell those. The cosmic ones sell for a lot.
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
  • Options
    venividivici94venividivici94 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thank you so much for taking your time to write a well detailed informations, i really appreciate it.Cosmic drops looks interesting i'll try to do these.
  • Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    No problem, and I'll see you at the cosmics!

Rooster-Man
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The first 2 sets of Ladyhawke serial missions give you boatloads of scr and Q. Just have to go through the absurd unlocking aspect first.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Alot of the resources I have built up came from a few specific sources.
    1: Selling event drops: Depending on luck of drops and certain events. You can sell stuff for a nice amount on auction. Learning how to auction stuff is vital.
    2: Selling to vendor basic mob drops and stuff from reward boxes. This can add up surprisingly fast depending on how active you are.
    3: Auctioning the occasional basic mob and reward box items
    4: Smash works too really as it is quick and usually pretty easy.

Lastly the way to amass alot of coin is to resist spending it. This is the hard part. Oh so very hard part sometimes.
    Set some goal and try to stick to that. I toss all but say 50 per alt into the hideout bank so theres less temptation to blow it on things dont really need, and thus a better chance to have enough for something I do really want later. This allowed me to get a costume piece and a rare aura off AH after a year of watching for it. And if it is a device then RESEARCH IT! No really. Alot of devices look good in desc, but in actual use somehow underperform. Watch things like cooldowns and check when can if the item burns through energy or not. Or in the case of summon devices. Check how long the summon lasts. Or are buggy in some way.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    What I also can suggest is buying the Consumable for UNTIL Tokens and sell those at the Vendors. Same with Nemesis Recognition Tokens.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The first 2 sets of Ladyhawke serial missions give you boatloads of scr and Q. Just have to go through the absurd unlocking aspect first.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write all these things, it was very well detailed and i'll stick to them, thank you again.

• Options
    What I also can suggest is buying the Consumable for UNTIL Tokens and sell those at the Vendors. Same with Nemesis Recognition Tokens.

Didn't know that i could do that, thank you so much
  • Options
    omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Yes. Burning early UNTIL tokens on say healing items and selling them to Karneeki is a quick way to get a few coin for things like costume changes or power undoing. Though I try to keep enough early on to buy a summon device if having trouble with Talos or some other early boss.