test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you please fix Gravitar... or don't you have the skills ?.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Suggestions Box

This boss makes tanks utterly useless, she instakills at will by hitting the same target 2-3 times
with her FC and there's no avoiding it. You can get killed just after a res, and most of the times
she'll end up killing both you and whoever was ressing you.

Tanks are utterly useless because they provide no dps and can't hold agro to stop her from nuking
any other in the team with her RNG FC.

This B**ch has been an aggvaration for the community for years and you've still yet to sort her out,
and i don't think that pulling the "hard code" card is a valid reason.. Either disable her FC or fix it.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Gravitar requires a decent healer that can rez and folks are generally fine. I'm not sure if her aggro is completely random or requires a Tank/Any role in melee range, similar to the Cybermind alert. I suspect it may be the latter but others may have better intel on that. The more dead heroes, the more she focuses on the remaining ones. So rezzing folks quickly seems to be essential to success. The mechanics may be frustrating but she's also the easiest of the Rampages.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Gravitar aggro isn't random, but many of her attacks don't follow her aggro (aggro determines who gets hit with force geyser and the occasional force snap, but everything else is a PBAoE or randomly targeted). Still, there's nothing particularly hard about dealing with her, as long as you don't bring a 5k hp total glass cannon.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I hardly ever see a Gravi run fail. Only time it seems to happen is if there are no healers at all, and even then, I have seen it completed successfully. Game would be even more boring if there was never a chance of failure. If you are worried about the mission failing, just bring a half decent dodge tank (doesn't need to be completely cosmic worthy, even). That way you can finish her solo, if needed.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Gravitar can instakill a healer by simply nuking them twice with FC,
    and even if the healer got 1 selfress, she can instakill on res ... then what are you going to blame ?.
    Her FC needs fixing and her attacks should be threatbased... not RNG like it is now.
    Sure bubbles can remain RNG because she's not spamming them as they can be defended against,
    unlike the FC which there is no defense againt, unless you're already blocking.
    edited December 2021
    Gravitar has been like this since the beginning, and a fair number of people have commented on this over the years. Hasn't changed. Given the Devs' lack of interest in the issue (i.e. this is falling on deaf ears; maybe they want a chance of failure, however small it may be), the only thing players seem to be able to do to mitigate the situation is to bring their own self rez and rez other(s) (at least if they can). I do see dps rezzing other players (including healers) from time to time. It's also possible to buy those Triumphat Recovery devices (I see them on the AH fairly often).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    I'm curious why they haven't updated Rampage Gravitar so far since the Epic Teleios Lair, to include Wireframe warnings
    In fact a LOT of things ingame need to be updated with Wireframes in general! Still waiting for Teleiosarus' Tail whip to get a wireframe to TEACH new end-game players that this is a bad place to stand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't like the Random Force Cascades without warnings, they feel cheap and insulting to the players' skills nowdays creating a fake difficulty, not to mention when I used to play only with Archetypes it was completely hell to survive
    Now that I'm thinking about it, its BECAUSE of Gravitar I refuse to make Glass Cannon Freeform Builds :expressionless:

Should you update Rampage Gravitar with Wireframes warnings? ABSOLUTELY
    Not only it would be an improvement If you want to train people for Endgame, update existing outdated bosses! Don't make powers that can One-shot people without warning :unamused:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Gravitar in TA does enough damage that it's actually important to know who she's shooting at. Rampage Gravitar has low enough damage that it can just be soaked up.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    You can mostly predict, as a healer, when you are going to get hit.

If she's levelled three cascades at DPS and none at you and you've been healing like a heal bot...turtle up fast.

It is known that rezzing is something she may target specifically. Both the healer and the rezzed player should be prepared for that as much as possible.

It is largely down to the healer (or in some cases DPS), to determine when to try rezzing someone. Best times to do it are when she's charging a bubble in a different location, not when she is poised and is launching random cascades.

Unless you are a melee healer, you can sort of see cascades coming as well. I've healed, DPS'd and even tanked in Gravitar before and whilst yes, her cascades can be annoying, its much worse when a healer refuses to heal or rage quits.

Also it would be a rather dull fight, if the tank just had to block 24/7 because every single attack in the boss's rotation was only affecting the tank.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Also it would be a rather dull fight, if the tank just had to block 24/7 because every single attack in the boss's rotation was only affecting the tank.

QFT.
    Which is why the fight was created as it is.

Sure, we all hate those rando Force Cascades, but it is part of the encounter and up to the group on how to deal with it all.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    It's kind of like how kiga now and then turns to face the dps pile (even though the tank still has aggro, not when some dps person steals it) and breathes on them out of sheer spite (at least that's how I like to think of it). For me it is hilarious to watch the sheep, err, heroes, who just stand there and let him breathe on them when all they have to do is hop to the side of the altar.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It's kind of like how kiga now and then turns to face the dps pile (even though the tank still has aggro, not when some dps person steals it) and breathes on them out of sheer spite (at least that's how I like to think of it). For me it is hilarious to watch the sheep, err, heroes, who just stand there and let him breathe on them when all they have to do is hop to the side of the altar.

For sure, current Kiga is bugged. And, like you, I LIKE it! Forces us to do something other than: dps->dps->block storm->dps->shoot frozen tomb ->dps. YAWN.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »

QFT.
    Which is why the fight was created as it is.

Sure, we all hate those rando Force Cascades, but it is part of the encounter and up to the group on how to deal with it all.​​

Agreed, but it is dumb with the que system tho, Kiga, Ape, Dino, you prepare for. Gravitar and Rampage in general of course you also can prepare, Same with Fire and Ice, issue i see is it still is put in the random group alert option, either the system should be able to be recognizable what is tank or healer. Or simply remove those from those Rotations entirely and make into something like some Lairs. The Alert system is still a mess since its introduction.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Gravitar in TA does enough damage that it's actually important to know who she's shooting at. Rampage Gravitar has low enough damage that it can just be soaked up.

Good luck soaking up 3 FC's in a row.. And there's no way to know they're coming so... no blocking,
    so unless you're a tank with 15k+ health, you're going to die.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »

Good luck soaking up 3 FC's in a row.. And there's no way to know they're coming so... no blocking,

An attentive healer can resolve this. You can also block them.

You can know they are coming by paying attention to who has been hit and figuring out when you are going to be hit. For me, it works most of the time.

Definitely a random pattern though, so you just block for a few moments when she assumes the pose. Not hard at all.

The bigger issue with Gravitar is her annoying drop rate.

You grossly overestimate their damage, and if you've got Resurgence you most certainly can soak up three in a row at the pace she puts them out.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Of course there is blocking.

Even if you do not know that the first one is coming, nothing stops you blocking subsequent GCs in her outburst.

Unless that first FC takes you to the very edge or KOs you outright, you should be able to put up a block, wait it out, then either get some heals or apply your own and get back in the fight.