test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Greatest CO Suggestion of All Time

pretty please make the neutral npcs in rencen disappear forever

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I bet the Game's performance during MC Events would improved so much more if all those civilians NPCs stayed at home during Open World bosses outbreaks! Not to mention it would remove the annoying speech bubble spam on screen
    UMtSb7z.jpg
    1AWuNnm.jpg0

Why are they like this?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Seen.

At the same time your are saying to make Ren Cen appear more like a static and lifeless place uninhabitable by human beings?

They already have Kaarniki the great pulling stim packs out of his bear a**.

How bout some realism. Put all little wagon behind him... Some real looking shops...

I doubt removing npcs would help the game.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Seen.

At the same time your are saying to make Ren Cen appear more like a static and lifeless place uninhabitable by human beings?

They already have Kaarniki the great pulling stim packs out of his bear a**.

How bout some realism. Put all little wagon behind him... Some real looking shops...

I doubt removing npcs would help the game.

I get what your saying, and making the world feel more alive is always a good idea to me, but Kaarniki the Great is a superpowered magician. He's not pulling them out of his a**, he's using his magic to summon them, so a little cart would be pointless. I mean, he COULD be pulling them out of his a**, but he's using magic to do it.
  • At the same time your are saying to make Ren Cen appear more like a static and lifeless place uninhabitable by human beings?

I already think that ren cen looks static and lifeless with its basic textures and wide open areas with tons of flat ground. I think that random NPCs moving in predefined paths do not help with making the place seem dynamic and full of life. Basically, I'm saying that these neutral NPCs suck and probably don't fulfill the intent of their existence very well at all.

Anybody that actually plays CO would know that these NPCs are an annoyance more than anything from bumping into players randomly and repeating the same text with typos here and there over and over again.

Heck, what are these neutral NPCs doing in ren cen? Where are they going? They're not even superheroes. Why don't we have a variety of heroes going around the area doing things and having conversations? Is this game stuck in beta where the best solution for filling the environment with life is to repeat models, make them walk in circles, and pull random names from a predefined list?

As an idea suggestion, the sidekick device heroes could actually make an appearance around the place doing whatever it is that they do instead of only being sidekick devices. They can have their background when you speak to them and greet you in their own way or be talking with other heroes. Idk, devs can use their imagination or they can even ask players.