Winter event

I would like to see a bit less holiday stockings and a bit more winter charms

Comments

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    What do you think this is, the season of giving?! :p
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    speanoz wrote: »
    What do you think this is, the season of giving?! :p

no there comes a point that players get tired of finding holiday stockings instead of winter charms.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    What? Who cares what's in the presents? That's chump change. If you really want Charms it's much more efficient to run the dailies on a few different characters.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What? Who cares what's in the presents? That's chump change. If you really want Charms it's much more efficient to run the dailies on a few different characters.

you may not care but there are others that do.
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Keep in mind that some boxes seem to always give tokens and others always give stockings and yet others always give renegade toys. Learning where those are can help alot.

It is not much though compared to doing dailies and such. But keep in mind there is a cut off point where you will stop getting tokens or the amount drops off to 1 depending. Cryptic uses that in some of their other MMOs too.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    I'd really just like to the spawn rates go up...when I run and open at least 6 gift boxes in a row, I get more stocking, but when running several alts in evening sessions and the evil toys don't pop, it kills a lot of time, and turns the Misfit Toys mission into an exasperating grind. I can get more response and payoff fighting Millennium Joker in the Finkle Foundry.

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but IMHO opinion, there should a flat 75% rate that opening a box will spawn at least one evil toy...I say that with the realization that some spawn locations in the zones allegedly have higher pop numbers.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I'd really just like to the spawn rates go up...when I run and open at least 6 gift boxes in a row, I get more stocking, but when running several alts in evening sessions and the evil toys don't pop, it kills a lot of time, and turns the Misfit Toys mission into an exasperating grind. I can get more response and payoff fighting Millennium Joker in the Finkle Foundry.

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but IMHO opinion, there should a flat 75% rate that opening a box will spawn at least one evil toy...I say that with the realization that some spawn locations in the zones allegedly have higher pop numbers.

And/or let the misfit toys from the OM count or so, like other events also let the adds count for the dailies there.
    As omega2764 noted: the same boxes always spawn toys/gifts, time after time, and all other boxes do not. It is not at all random. The trick is to find an area with a high number of boxes that spawn toys, circle through those, and then, if you don't have enough of what you are farming, hop to another zone and rinse and repeat. Memorize those box locations and do those every day. If it takes me more than 4 minutes to complete the Misfit Toys daily I'd have to be doing it with a lvl 10 tank using Defensive Combo.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Champs HQ, UNITY, and the Destroyer Museum have lots of Renegade Toy Boxes.

On the ramp leading up to Recn Cen (in between Ren Cen and CHQ)
    Three boxes along the sidewalk north of that (next to the trees)
    Two at the southern part of the CHQ building (One by the giant C and one down the ramp on the side walk)
    Three at the UNITY building (One on either side of the building and one in back in the grass)
    One by the Respawn point near the Magic Book Store (by CHQ)
    One by the giant grate on the West side of the Destroyer Museum
    One next the the hologram Destroyer Helmet at the Destroyer Museum
    One in the middle of the path by all the statues at the Destroyer Museum
    One just across the street from the path, at the entrance to an alley way (Alley leads to that DEMON filled area. There's always a little imp running around next to the box)
    Follow that road north to the grassy median in the road, next to the Destroyer Museum, for another Box

All of these are guaranteed to give Renegade Toys, and they are all relatively close to each other. This is where I typically go to do the daily. If no one else is here, you can get it done in just a minute or two.

Decided to snap a screenshot and circle the spots to make it easier

20220103141719-1.jpg
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

Just so you know, opening gifts is NOT random. Make a note of the ones that spawn misfits, because they will do it every time.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User

Just so you know, opening gifts is NOT random. Make a note of the ones that spawn misfits, because they will do it every time.

Which should be a bug, as the gift boxes are supposed to be random.

And, don't ask me to quote some source proving something says this. It's just how these types of things HAVE been in previous and other events.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    Imagine if the stupid cats and Foxbats appeared in random places all the time, instead of the same places! That would raise holy hell, for sure.

I'm glad that the presents work the way they do. Easy way to earn currency from Day 1 of the event for a brain dead task that takes all of 4 minutes. The event runs, what, 28 days. So, that's 28x25 (currency/day) + 50 more for doing it 5x, or 750 currencty for just that, plus you'll make some currency just defeating some toys. So, opening presents on 1 character can get you enough currency for 2 of the most expensive costume pieces. I have a sneaking suspicion that opening gifts on 2 characters is a faster way of earning currency than waiting around and then fighting the bear.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Just to infer from your first statement possibly referencing my statement, I wasn't meaning that the gift box LOCATIONS are supposed to be random. Just the contents are supposed to be random.

I think it is odd that the contents currently ARE NOT random. But, i'm not complaining about them either way. Getting the daily for them completed as quick as possible is best for me, for sure.

Those cats in trees are so slow to respawn/spawn that getting that daily completed IF the LOCATIONS were random would be met with RAGEQUITs and forum rants galore.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    Those cats in trees are so slow to respawn/spawn that getting that daily completed IF the LOCATIONS were random would be met with RAGEQUITs and forum rants galore.​​
    I think the cats in trees spawning is dependent on line of sight at the time you cross a border -- in the middle of trees with really flaky line of sight (interacting with the cats is definitely affected by LOS).
    please close the thread and thank you
This discussion has been closed.