test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20211116.13 - Winter Event

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Winter Event
  • Added Ice Auras (Head) to the event store.
  • Added Swan Armor to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete Misfit Toys 5 times, grants the Lights necklace.
  • New Perks: Purchasing the Super charity box will grant a title.
  • New Perks: Purchasing the Ultra charity box will grant a title and a character specific costume.

Powers
Energy Storm
  • Fixed an issue with how this power went on cooldown.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Added a new token as a reward for the daily mission.

Costumes
  • Sandstorm Chest Layer clipping fix.
  • Spooky Foot Accessories leather material glows.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    S1QR96o.png
    stop, pls no character specific costume unlock
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bug
    Swan Song perk
    The perk for unlocking all the Swan costumes is in the Event: Bloodmoon category, instead of Event: Winter.

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    50 gs for a single yellow costume for one character is a lot to have as a sink
    either lower the price or make it cost more but acc unlock
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Several concerns:
    1. The fix on energy storm doesn't fix the issue with it potentially killing friendly targets. That has to do with the arcing mechanic it uses, this just fixes the issue with it being able to be used consistently.
    2. The token on the TT mission is frankly pretty terrible. People have run this lair hundreds of times since its launch, and none of those runs will have any bearing on the new store with these tokens, which will undoubtedly be used for the store. These tokens should have been implemented when the lair was reworked, not now. A more appropriate approach would be to use perks.
    3. Character-bound costume pieces should never be a thing.
    4. It was specifically said that individual powers wouldn't be touched without a revamp. Why the sudden attention to Energy Storm before the power itself can be adjusted to make it viable in the current game?
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Character-only costume should not be a thing. I need to buy this 85 times and my future characters won't have it because it's event-bound/now making a new character takes 50g upfront.

"Don't buy it on every character then" yeah and later I make a cute valentines costume and I can't use the necklace because I'd need to buy it for 50G and/or it might very well not be available due to being possibly only available on Winter.

Don't let this be a thing again, ever. Or at all. This is beyond cursed.

The Energy Storm thing is expected, it was an issue that allowed someone to ruin the joy of everyone in MC. The problem however is that it's just a bad power now, and if you are willing to touch on it to fix bugs, I don't see the problem of adjusting a value to be a bit higher and therefore usable.

For the TT tokens, at the very least give us the ability to claim 1/50/200 tokens if we have the "Run TT x times" perks. Or, better yet, tie the purchases to the number of times that a player has run TT rather than adding the token later, plus it's less currency overflow. Also the TT daily very frequently doesn't even complete properly.

And if you have to do this one, don't ever do character specific costumes again. And don't lock fun things like the anniversary 'Cat dance' behind having to read Discord/Forum or missing it because you weren't there. If it has to be a fun secret interaction it shouldn't be only during an event (I got it and I don't agree with it).
  • Winter Event
    • New Perks: Purchasing the Ultra charity box will grant a title and a character specific costume.

Therakiel's Temple
    • Added a new token as a reward for the daily mission.
    ​​

Merry Christmas to you too!

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
    Regarding the per character costume: This isn't something that will become a norm, it's just something for the Charity vendors during the winter event.​​
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Regarding the per character costume: This isn't something that will become a norm, it's just something for the Charity vendors during the winter event.​​

Since you deleted my comment already I still want to give feedback, how about as charity it reaches a certain goal and gives every account a perk for reaching it? Would that be ok? So it not is a one time only thing for each char. Charity or not, this is not good for a customization game as this.
  • epicgefiltefishepicgefiltefish Posts: 9 Arc User

This better not become the norm. It's a great way to lose loyal players.

"Sin is honoring desire above what you know is right." - Julian Casablancas
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > Regarding the per character costume: This isn't something that will become a norm, it's just something for the Charity vendors during the winter event.​​

I think with the progression of emotes, transformations, and other features in the past, you can see how we might be skeptical of that. Please consider player feedback and turn away from this idea. Costume pieces have always been sacred in this game, and this change would be the straw that breaks the camel's back for people with lots of alts. If this is somehow "necessary" for you to try, please make it the last time you even consider it.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    Give me tokens based on my Temple cleared perk progress. I've done this thing over a 1000 times since it launched. I don't want to get jipped out of progress that was a huge slog along the way.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Fortunately the pendant is ugly and I am let off the hook for wanting to unlock it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User

But why?
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Per character costume pieces, for ANY reason, are a huge nope. Would definitely be the last straw for me.
  • > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > Regarding the per character costume: This isn't something that will become a norm, it's just something for the Charity vendors during the winter event.​​

I can still understand if our donation will do something in real life or change something in the game. It's a charity that depends on everyone's cooperation.
    But this is just an imaginary charity in the game, right?
    Where is the need to unnecessarily suck up our G's, which we have earned by shaving off more than a little time to emulate reality?
    Well, fortunately this time it was just a toy-like accessory, though. If it had been a more magnificent costume piece, everyone's anger would have been less than this.
  • rileymarks1rileymarks1 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Whoever really said the test server meant the ability to test all things that haven't been released yet? All it really means is the ability to test things freely and without limitations. When the devs need/want player feedback on something new then they tell us and give specific instructions on how to report it back to them.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    I can still understand if our donation will do something in real life or change something in the game. It's a charity that depends on everyone's cooperation.
    But this is just an imaginary charity in the game, right?

I always figured the charity spots around the city were scams set up by Black HQ to get funding for his robots. He then attacks them to avert suspicion.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    h4forums wrote: »
    S1QR96o.png

Felt that.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I like the 'Lighted' necklace piece from the ongoing Winter event; anything with glow textures is usually a winner with me, but may I request that the item also be opened up into the collar costume slot? Most of my heroes have various kinds of neckwear, and having the Lighted necklace to wear around them would be cool. Thank you.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wrote:
    S1QR96o.png

[/quote]

Don't hold back on that christmas money you hiding. I feel like this makes sense. But I may be the only one who agree with it.

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
This discussion has been closed.