test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/16/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2021 in Release Notes
Winter Event Week 2
The Black Harlequin Alert is active!
  • New Mission: Complete March of the Mecha Soldiers 5 times, grants the Swan Bracers costume.
  • Added Ice Dust Aura (Chest) to the event store.
  • Added Swan Boots and Winged Tiara costumes to the event store.

Week 3 (Starts on the 23rd)
Clarence has been seen romping through Millennium City!
  • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice 5 times, grants the Swan Tights costume.
  • Added Ice Dust Aura (Hands) to the event store.
  • Added Swan Head and Leg Armor costumes to the event store.

Week 4 (Starts on the 30th)
  • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice 5 times, grants the Jeweled Mask costume.
  • Added Ice Dust Aura (Feet) to the event store.
  • Added Flowing Hair and Winged Collar costumes to the event store.

Double XP
  • For the next week Witchcraft will be available in the Renaissance Center to give out a double XP buff.

Alert Bonus (Starts on the 23rd)
  • For the next week the Alert Bonus event will be active.

ZEN Store
Players can claim a free Freeform Slot for the next 2 weeks.
For the next week the Butterfly Key Pack will be running!
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Butterfly Wings costume

Kigatilik
  • Now has a very rare chance to drop the Frozen Ward defensive core mod and the Freezing Gale device.

Powers
Fractal Aegis
  • Added Knock Up effect.
  • Increased resistance values.

Unleashed Rage
  • Increased area effect to 20ft.

Feral Rage
  • Added a small amount damage resistance while active. This effect is increased while affected by the Regeneration power.

Master of the Mind
  • Increased resistance to mez effects while active.

Energy Wave
  • Hardened Particle Matrix: Fixed an issue where this effect was not stacking per target hit. Increased shield amount per hit.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Looks like some nice stuff added to the event store and nice to see some of the ultimates getting some attention. Here's hoping that a mod fusion bonus week is in the near offing.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Overall very nice. Folks are going to love the ultra rare free Freeform slot. I especially like that the Freezing Gale device can apply Hardfrost to multiple targets.
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    The Swan Tights and the Flowing Hair are the costume pieces I am looking forward to.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    This is a much better set of release notes compared to last week.

I'll get this out of the way first and say, while I love the changes to the powers, I don't understnad why we were previously told certain powers won't get changed outside of reworks. There are a lot of small changes like this that can do a world of difference for the game, and seeing patches like this really, really helps.

Fantastic looking costumes; great to see double XP and alert week; meh drops from Kiga, but a great patch.

And most of all, thank you for not adding another character-specific costume piece to the store. Please continue to never do that again.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Kinda wish you made the new mod and device drop from something other then Kiga. We don't need yet another reason to go to Kiga. We need reasons to do something besides cosmics.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Kinda wish you made the new mod and device drop from something other then Kiga. We don't need yet another reason to go to Kiga. We need reasons to do something besides cosmics.

Some people complain that they can't get all the things/stuff they want out of events in the game because they have limited time and can't grind events and do end game at the same time. Maybe this is a nod to that issue?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    why no mission for holiday henchman sidekick?
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    where is the fur coat from last year? I hate when y'all do this. People would expect to see last year stuff at least one more time.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • smoothroguesmoothrogue Posts: 11 Arc User
    Any chance to extend Double XP one more week? Many people have time off starting this weekend and would love to leverage Double XP to level up characters.
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    the swan costume looks awesome, but who was responsible for the flowing hair? It looks ridiculously bad, even on female toons :s
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    ghost#7389 wrote: »
    the swan costume looks awesome, but who was responsible for the flowing hair? It looks ridiculously bad, even on female toons :s
    seLiiZc.pngf0oik1u.png
    You really think so? i combined mine with retro talisman.

Her name is daddys money. she robs.

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • nuxyrryxunnuxyrryxun Posts: 21 Arc User

I didn't like it either at first, but then I noticed how it's supposed to be used/look:
    TuZeOr2.pngshe-ra-6.jpg
    At least I think that's what they were going for.
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    Winter Event Week 2
    The Black Harlequin Alert is active!
    • New Mission: Complete March of the Mecha Soldiers 5 times, grants the Swan Bracers costume.
    • Added Ice Dust Aura (Chest) to the event store.
    • Added Swan Boots and Winged Tiara costumes to the event store.

Week 3 (Starts on the 23rd)
    Clarence has been seen romping through Millennium City!
    • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice 5 times, grants the Swan Tights costume.
    • Added Ice Dust Aura (Hands) to the event store.
    • Added Swan Head and Leg Armor costumes to the event store.

Week 4 (Starts on the 30th)
    • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice 5 times, grants the Jeweled Mask costume.
    • Added Ice Dust Aura (Feet) to the event store.
    • Added Flowing Hair and Winged Collar costumes to the event store.

Double XP
    • For the next week Witchcraft will be available in the Renaissance Center to give out a double XP buff.

Alert Bonus (Starts on the 23rd)
    • For the next week the Alert Bonus event will be active.

ZEN Store
    Players can claim a free Freeform Slot for the next 2 weeks.
    For the next week the Butterfly Key Pack will be running!
    • Cost: 900 ZEN
    • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
    • 1x Butterfly Wings costume

Kigatilik
    • Now has a very rare chance to drop the Frozen Ward defensive core mod and the Freezing Gale device.

Powers
    Fractal Aegis
    • Added Knock Up effect.
    • Increased resistance values.

Unleashed Rage
    • Increased area effect to 20ft.

Feral Rage
    • Added a small amount damage resistance while active. This effect is increased while affected by the Regeneration power.

Master of the Mind
    • Increased resistance to mez effects while active.

Energy Wave
    • Hardened Particle Matrix: Fixed an issue where this effect was not stacking per target hit. Increased shield amount per hit.
    ​​

Was that ALL of the SWAN armor ?? thought there was a CHEST piece that was coming out, all we got was SHOES, FOOT ACCESSORIES, WAIST ACCESSORY, BRACERS... some SHOULDERS & a CHEST piece wouldve ben nice to finish out the set... there has been an achievement for event armor pieces, but this one isnt on the list... was just curious, loving the SWAN ARMOR pieces, just wanted a complete set... any info on this would be great... TY
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you have the Swan Song perk you're done.
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    nuxyrryxun wrote: »

I didn't like it either at first, but then I noticed how it's supposed to be used/look:
    TuZeOr2.pngshe-ra-6.jpg
    At least I think that's what they were going for.

AGREED... they were going for a "SHE-RA" mock up but the sides are to "poofy" ?? it looks like a short hairdo merged with a long back end, they shouldve smoothed out the sides to make it all look like 1 hairstyle... love the poofyness of the back though...
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I’d like to commend the design of Swan Tights, it’s a nice enough look, it’s sleek, modern, versatile and not overly whimsical or fluffy and niche. The kind of stuff we need more of. :+1: