test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I doing melee dps right? (cosmics)

Kiga-
Easy peasie, don't stand on platform, I already know the drill for the rest of the stuff there

Ape-
This one I'm not so sure about as melee. When my ranged gets a meteor circle around them, I just moved. But in the melee mosh pit, there's circles on someone beside you all the time! I just block them because it's far less hassle than repositioning only to have yet another circle 2 seconds later. Sucks that it cuts into my DPS but that seems the best solution yes?

Dino-
wireframes wireframes wireframes! I block em all. When I'm ranged I usually stand where only mama's wireframes reach me so I can pew-pew safely out of range of baby's wireframes. With my melee I just block them all, is that correct? (The dps check doesn't have a wireframe so I'm not blocking that in case anyone's wondering)
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Ape: There's not a great solution for falling rocks in the melee pit; you can move, but as you say, good chance of another one anyway. You can try rushing timing, there's only a very short time period in which you need to actually block (though an early block will still cause you to take full falling rock damage), but learning what that time period is will have you bouncing around a fair amount.

Dino: with the exception of baby's green bubble, which depending on your build might be safe to ignore, block them all except during dps checks (during dps check, the baby's bubbles won't hit you and mama of course doesn't create any).
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    so wireframes from baby don't hit anyone during dps checks? I did not know that, thanks
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    For Ape, when I melee DPS I usually just jump sideways out of the circle where the rock is about to land. You can still hit mid-air.