test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Charge Speed & Aura of Arcane Clarity

So, quick qeastion

I've been toying with a TK Burst testing out a build and I've noticed that the charge speed for it is somewhere in the middle (for my playstyle anyhow) and I was wondering about boosting the speed it takes to cast, I looked into Aura of Arcane Clarity and I've not noticed any difference at all in the speed. Now I do recall a while back that I think it was Nerfed at some point, am I correct it that assumption?

Psi
Psi.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    AoAC should lower the charge time (not the activation time, though), and you can see the change in the tooltip value for it. Night Warrior also does this to some extent, and would be a better passive to do it with if you're a normal dps build.

I am unsure about any nerf to AoAC. However, it seems like AoAC still has its old bug where the scaling for the self-bonus and the ally bonus for the charge speed reduction are swapped (ie. the self version scales only w/ Pres, while the ally version scales w/ SSs). That may be why AoAC is not giving you much there atm.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • flowcyto wrote: »
    AoAC should lower the charge time (not the activation time, though), and you can see the change in the tooltip value for it. Night Warrior also does this to some extent, and would be a better passive to do it with if you're a normal dps build.

I am unsure about any nerf to AoAC. However, it seems like AoAC still has its old bug where the scaling for the self-bonus and the ally bonus for the charge speed reduction are swapped (ie. the self version scales only w/ Pres, while the ally version scales w/ SSs). That may be why AoAC is not giving you much there atm.

Right, I'll test with NW as well, to see if there is any difference in the charge time, thanks!
    Psi.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    flowcyto wrote: »

Right, I'll test with NW as well, to see if there is any difference in the charge time, thanks!

So I don't know if I'm just blind or stupid (or both), but I'n not noticing any difference in the Charge Speed, even at 3.3% (Scales with stats of course). I'm trying to warp my head around this:

TK Burst has a 5 sec delay, before the power effect the enemies, as it charges up, I do notice that the counter of "chagrining" does speed up a tat, but it still takes 5 secs to still fully "charge up". So I assume that the activation time is in play here?.

As I assumed that having NW will speed up the "dial" that shows up and lowers the amount of time you need to "charge" the power, meaning down to 4-3 secs. So "Hold for 5 sec" to "Hold for 3 sec".

Is there something I am not understanding?

Edit: Yes I did read your PSA on Power Activation Delay, but that not tells me much lol, I really hate math xD

Psi.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Charge speed reduction bonuses are mostly not cumulative, and it's hard to tell the difference between a 2s charge time and a 1.93s charge time (not sure the exact numbers for tk burst), though it's detectable on a parser.
    So I don't know if I'm just blind or stupid (or both), but I'n not noticing any difference in the Charge Speed, even at 3.3% (Scales with stats of course). I'm trying to warp my head around this:

TK Burst has a 5 sec delay, before the power effect the enemies, as it charges up, I do notice that the counter of "chagrining" does speed up a tat, but it still takes 5 secs to still fully "charge up". So I assume that the activation time is in play here?.

As I assumed that having NW will speed up the "dial" that shows up and lowers the amount of time you need to "charge" the power, meaning down to 4-3 secs. So "Hold for 5 sec" to "Hold for 3 sec".
    Yea, a 3.3% bonus is pretty small as is and will be hard to notice overall (R3 NW should be giving you closer to a ~7-10% bonus there w/ full SSs). Also, TK Burst has only a ~1.33 sec base charge time; w/ a ~0.67 sec activation time, it should take only about 2 sec per full charge of it (before any small input delay is factored, and also before any charge speed reduction is factored). I'm not sure where you're getting your 5-sec number from for TK Burst.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    flowcyto wrote: »

Yea, a 3.3% bonus is pretty small as is and will be hard to notice overall (R3 NW should be giving you closer to a ~7-10% bonus there w/ full SSs). Also, TK Burst has only a ~1.33 sec base charge time; w/ a ~0.67 sec activation time, it should take only about 2 sec per full charge of it (before any small input delay is factored, and also before any charge speed reduction is factored). I'm not sure where you're getting your 5-sec number from for TK Burst.

Humm I see then, so it's just down to me not noting anything massive in changes, as for the 5-sec thing, I was useing a stopwatch to test how long it takes to charge up, but that might of been likely wrong. My hope was that charge up would had a big play in such, but I suppose not.

But still, thanks
    Psi.
    Humm I see then, so it's just down to me not noting anything massive in changes, as for the 5-sec thing, I was useing a stopwatch to test how long it takes to charge up, but that might of been likely wrong. My hope was that charge up would had a big play in such, but I suppose not.
    Well, the spell's effect is on a bit of a delay after you cast it, so it may seem like a longer cast than it actually is. If you charge-spam the power back-to-back, though, you'll see the effect will go off roughly every 2 sec or so (assuming you aren't running out of energy in-between).
  • flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, the spell's effect is on a bit of a delay after you cast it, so it may seem like a longer cast than it actually is. If you charge-spam the power back-to-back, though, you'll see the effect will go off roughly every 2 sec or so (assuming you aren't running out of energy in-between).

I see, thanks then

Psi.