test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/02/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Winter Event
  • Millennium City is looking a little festive! Event will start next week.
​​

Comments

• evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with in terms of costume pieces.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Power changes and reworks would make me feel very festive this winter. :3
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    (closes eyes & wishes)... CMON fat body scale sliders, even if we have to buy in Z-STORE... CMON, want to make a FLUFFY SUPERHERO...
  • Thank you for noting that Scanner Auras from the Nighthawk Event Vendor are now Bind On Pickup.
    Even thought they were Bind On Equip
    for the past Two Weeks.

Can we establish a standard for event stuffs for having them bind on pickup vs equip instead of half-assing it and changing it all the time.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Thank you for noting that Scanner Auras from the Nighthawk Event Vendor are now Bind On Pickup.
    Even thought they were Bind On Equip
    for the past Two Weeks.

Can we establish a standard for event stuffs for having them bind on pickup vs equip instead of half-assing it and changing it all the time.

I wonder why they changed them to BoP from the vendor after the event ended. I bought 1 of each (4 total) just before the event ended and stuck em in my hideout bank. Those are all Bind to Account on Equip. So, I checked the vendor and those all show as Bind on Pickup. Error?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    They've made this error before. Event store items are normally Bind on Pickup. I assume they were Bind on Equip by accident. Unless or until they state otherwise, I'd always assume anything but Bind on Pickup is a mistake.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    They've made this error before. Event store items are normally Bind on Pickup. I assume they were Bind on Equip by accident. Unless or until they state otherwise, I'd always assume anything but Bind on Pickup is a mistake.

I'd agree with this.

The only reason I purchased them on the last day of event was they were Bind to Account on Equip. I never know who is going to use one, some, or all until later.

I could've purchased one more costume unlock but, I went with these. Like to spread it on what types of things I purchase.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I tend to assume that if something is written, it's what they intend in the first place. Imagine trying to plan your game play around the concept that you can't trust what they have written and have to assume that everything is possibly an error. What they *should* do is stand by what was in the original text and do a better job of proofreading in the future. Shouldn't be that hard. Why punish players when the fault lies with the devs' sloppiness?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • As stated above, those scanner auras from the vendor were "Bind to ACCOUNT on Equip".
    Changed to "Bind on Pickup" after the event ended.

One could argue about it being a "mistake" but it's pretty much the norm for event things to change equip status part way thru the event. Sidekicks as an example start out "Bind on Equip" and are quickly, quietly, changed to "Bind on Pickup" near the end of the event. I guess auras are the new annoyance of bind changes out of nowhere.

This kind of thing just continues the display of the dev(s) hatred toward the playerbase.
    They "make a mistake" (if we're going with that reasoning) then punish us for their screw-up.

At least there hasn't been a server rollback... I'm looking forward to seeing what causes that! #COGoals