test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I need help

I played this game when I was a little kid and it left me with very good memories.I haven't logged into the game for a long time and I want to get my old account back.The problem is that I don't even remember my e-mail address I used back then or how I paid.What I remember about my account is that I only bought an apartment as a base and not the others.I don't remember if it has another name in the game and my special powers were based on dodge.Another thing that belongs to me is the youtube videos I made when I was a kid, very old videos that no one watched.The account belongs to me and I can even give the city and town address of the place where I played the game, which there is no way for anyone other than me and the authorities to know.When I was a little kid I used nikes like shev,shevas.A few years ago, when I spoke to the authorities, they asked me for my e-mail address, but I don't remember it.I want help with this. The reason why I want to go back to such an old game is nostalgic and I'm really the owner of it.You can reach me at my e-mail address that I use to enter the forum.Look, the game account belongs to me, no one will lie or try to steal the account for an old and unpopular game with no monetary value. The person in the videos is me and I want my account back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-P78uLi7aU

Comments

• eriniy#0829 eriniy Posts: 3 Arc User
    Some of you may wonder why I want my account back or its importance.The game had a bar and we used to play RP there.My native language was not English and I was a younger girl.I married a person I met there with the participation of many players in the center of the city.This experience I had as a little girl is now about to become reality.This is why my account is important to me, and I soon divorced the man I married, even though it was virtual and role-playing.Because I caught him talking to other girls.These are among the best memories of my childhood.
    Please help me with this.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    No one on the forums can help you with this. You need to use in-game methods to contact the "authorities".
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    In-game support ticket is the best option. Press H and go for the GM help. Word it as best you can. Give as much info as you can. However, I'm relatively sure that there is very little that they will be able to help you with.

You do not own your account. You do not own your characters. They (Cryptic) own the game. Everything else is rental and at-their-discretion. This is not my opinion nor hyperbole. Read the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement.

I, and others, can offer you advice about what will most likely happen and how to deal with it. But, let's get this step taken first.

Good luck.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    lol
    [NbK]XStorm
  • eriniy#0829 eriniy Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can understand the issue of player and account security is quite a problem nowadays.This will be my last post about the game or the last post I will write on a platform belonging to arc games.They said that in my application for the recovery of my account, issues such as video nick and IP information were not taken into account and they could not be of any help.I want you to know that I was the only person who knew or played the game in my city, let alone the town I live in.All players know that the game is not popular.It is a game that is behind the times and will not be preferred when compared to today's games.They did not take into account the information of the characters I created on my account or my IP address belonging to the place where I lived at that time.I told them that I did not remember the e-mail address of my account, but if they told me even half of it, I could remember and log in to my e-mail address or write the whole of it.Even if I don't remember my e-mail address, I remember my e-mail address password because my dog's name is in my password.Of course they didn't help.There are much better quality MMORPG games today and I play some of them. It happens when I pay thousands of dollars for some games and account security is really important.However, companies differ in their approach to this issue or whether they can actually help but not.Actually, it's a very simple process, I could log in to my account as soon as they told me the first four or five letters of the e-mail address associated with my account by looking at my name. Even if they typed all of them, anyone who does not know the password of the e-mail address cannot log in, but as I said, they choose not to help.Even though I explained the importance of it and wrote that I want to log in to my account for a special occasion, and I gave information that only I know or can know, their attitude is quite bad.
    There is a point they should know.I'm a youtuber and there are 290,000 people on my discord channel alone.My total subscriber count is approximately 12,000,000.With a single video I will make about the game, more players enter the game than their servers can handle.My playing the game, on the other hand, makes the company rich even if it is old, behind the times and it is a pay-to-win style game.Actually, I was going to make a broadcast in the game that I got married years ago, where I would marry the person I'm about to marry now.Of course, this would be a surprise for my good old memories, but this attitude of the company caused me to change my plans.I really hope you learn how a good game company should behave and act accordingly.Good luck, because in this industry this type of behavior will result in losing players.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Even understanding that they have certain restrictions and requirements when it comes to Account security and recovery, a little human understanding from them couldn't hurt, either.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Even though most of us were pretty sure of how the process would go. And it did.

Your comments about being a social media broadcaster would certainly have helped the game and community IF you followed through. However, I understand your feelings about just moving on based on your official dealings with them.

Perhaps your view will soften and you might create a new account and enjoy playing with the community of current players. Or not.

Good luck in whatever endeavor you pursue.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    lol

^
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The sad thing is that even if this person *could* recover their account they would then find that all the free form characters they rented (not owned, if they had the monthly subscription plan that was available years ago) are now going to be all silver ATs, unless they buy an LTS (not likely if they are just popping in for nostalgia sake), or some number of free forms slots.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    deleted as not helpful
    Post edited by bulgarex on