test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aspect of the Machine easy fix

Why not just make it so the stacks don't deteriorate? Once you get a stack, you keep it, until you deactivate the toggle (or die). If you trigger a stack while they're full, you still get the energy from it, but imo that seems like the perfect way to make the power viable in a balanced way. You could go out and kill 4 trash mobs before doing a mission, and if you die, you're fucked. It would be a very high risk high reward toggle. Am I wrong?

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Problem is, this makes it still useless with things like devices and vehicles that deactivate it. It should have a second condition to trigger, like crit with a ranged attack, similar to form of the Tempest, so we could have a ranged version of it.

Some other Forms and Energy Unlocks could also need a change and or get something added as trigger.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    How about: gain a stack each time you complete a Combo or a fully-charged Blast attack. With the appropriate internal cooldown of applying a stack, like most forms conform to.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Problem is, this makes it still useless with things like devices and vehicles that deactivate it. It should have a second condition to trigger, like crit with a ranged attack, similar to form of the Tempest, so we could have a ranged version of it.

Some other Forms and Energy Unlocks could also need a change and or get something added as trigger.

I don't know why you'd use a vehicle mid combat, but there are devices that deactivate toggle forms? That seems pretty bad, regardless of what toggle you're using imo
    Problem is, this makes it still useless with things like devices and vehicles that deactivate it. It should have a second condition to trigger, like crit with a ranged attack, similar to form of the Tempest, so we could have a ranged version of it.

I don't know why you'd use a vehicle mid combat, but there are devices that deactivate toggle forms? That seems pretty bad, regardless of what toggle you're using imo

Not in combat necessarily, but in general, it would be just a nuisance having to stack them up somewhere before entering a mission just because you wanted to travel fast. Also Become Devices as example can deactivate your form, maybe it is normal ones or forced ones like in the Warlord Alert.

Thing is simply I want to say it should be still a nice QoL change without hassle. I dare say maybe add a new power for forms only, you "meditate" to build them up. Of course, should not be overcomplicated or should replace working forms, obviously. As said above, a second trigger would be enough already on this form.

I simply consider simple QoL things, since as said already, if you travel you "waste time" first to stack it up. It is not long on low enemies of course, but still a unnecessary step then.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I read several posts on suggestions for this toggle in the past...

I still think my suggestion is best. They just wouldn't admit it because I'm mean:

Aspect of the Machine 2.0

1)Doing a certain FIXED amount of damage gives a stack as well as defeating a foe with appropriate cooldowns of 4 seconds between. And dependant on level to determine the damage you need to do.

Say you need to do 8000 damage to get a stack on a level 40 character. This would be good a cosmic because you have to hit that damage regardless. There is no trash mobs at cosmics so doing your damage properly will keep your stacks up.

I will also add that stacking before a fight is not something CO devs is known to fancy.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    Saying your suggestion is best is subjective. We all think "our" suggestion is best.

Currently, Aspect of the Machine boosts melee and ranged damage with an equal percentage.

Since Brawler spec has Setup (Combo has chance to make next melee do 10/20% more base damage) and Avenger has Preemptive Strike (Blast makes next range power do 5/10/15% more base damage), my suggestion makes good sense.​​

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited December 2021

It does but my only problem with it is that changing it like that would make it a different power completely. I don't like powers being changed to something else completely. So it sounds better as a new toggle than an update
    warcanch wrote: »
    Saying your suggestion is best is subjective. We all think "our" suggestion is best.

Currently, Aspect of the Machine boosts melee and ranged damage with an equal percentage.

Since Brawler spec has Setup (Combo has chance to make next melee do 10/20% more base damage) and Avenger has Preemptive Strike (Blast makes next range power do 5/10/15% more base damage), my suggestion makes good sense.​​

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

It does but my only problem with it is that changing it like that would make it a different power completely. I don't like powers being changed to something else completely.
    warcanch wrote: »

Can only agree on this, if we want something different, it should be a new power instead, prevents also people being annoyed having to change their builds because a power might not fit anymore, adding an option is something else in this since it still leaves it in its original state.
    edited December 2021
    I suggested different triggering options, as did you and several others. Yet, mine is the one you call out as if it is changing the power to something completely different?

Do you use AotM? I know I don't because I'm mostly in end-game content and that "on kill" option is not useful. Leveling and casual content would be a different story.

Current state, BOSS fights cause you to lose all stacks. That's just where you want it to ramp up. Killing mobs is not.​​
    Post edited by warcanch on