test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/18/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
  • For the next two weeks this event will be running.
  • New mission: Complete the Who is Nighthawk? mission 5 times. Grants the Angled Visor costume.
  • Added Blast Shoulders and Armguards to the event store.
  • Added Scanner Shield auras to the event store.
  • Added Nighthawk's Utility Belt 30 slot bag to the event store.

Alert Event
  • For the next 2 weeks alerts will give bonus rewards.

Auras
  • Fixed an issue with the way the dust auras stacked on one another.
​​

Comments

• areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    I don't notice any change in the stacking of Dust Cloud Aura over Dust Cloud Aura (Black). Still looks mostly white that obscures the black nearly entirely.
  • https://imgur.com/a/TFxjDHy
    Why is this happening? It's a bug, isn't it?
    Please fix it as it is very noticeable and an eyesore.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    SO, it looks like TPB is up, but not mentioned in patch notes again.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    https://imgur.com/a/TFxjDHy

You can't remove a player from the game for being an eyesore.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jaazaniah1 wrote: »

You can't remove a player from the game for being an eyesore.

I'm sorry I didn't word it better.
    I'm not talking about "remove a player" at all, I'm just pointing out that it's unnatural to have the tail exposed when using a tunneling travel power, and that this is a bug.
    Please read the text properly before replying.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I know its a minor QoL thing, but the new high capacity bags are nice little bonuses for everyone. Any chance the capacity on the Clarence one will be boosted to match the others (from 24 to 28 or 30?)

Also the new Auras being bind to account on equip. Sharerable and sellable. Very nice.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Why do you need higher capacity bags when there's nothing left to farm? The only things that you'll keep are some mods, but even most of those get NPC'd at the first, available pit stop.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I'm sorry I didn't word it better.
    I'm not talking about "remove a player" at all, I'm just pointing out that it's unnatural to have the tail exposed when using a tunneling travel power, and that this is a bug.
    Please read the text properly before replying.
    And to add this, why the hell is his MASSIVE character's hitbox from the Magnified device, able to break my mouse interaction way and I can't click on the NPCs to recieve/fulfill the missions quests?

Why a single player's hitbox able to screw up the Interface and Hitboxes for NPCs interactions on the Defender's area?
    He knows exactly what he is doing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Don't need to rain on the man's creative freedom like that. I've seen worst walking around. 😂

Is it just me or do the pick up vehicle on night have really short range. I feel like I have to be almost inside Stones aircraft to hit him.

Those emblems shoulders though... I see ya.✌️✌️
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    "I don't like this, so no one should be able to enjoy it."

I'm so proud of this community.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    I know its a minor QoL thing, but the new high capacity bags are nice little bonuses for everyone. Any chance the capacity on the Clarence one will be boosted to match the others (from 24 to 28 or 30?)

Also the new Auras being bind to account on equip. Sharerable and sellable. Very nice.

WOW really guess hell froze over
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    Don't need to rain on the man's creative freedom like that. I've seen worst walking around. 😂

Is it just me or do the pick up vehicle on night have really short range. I feel like I have to be almost inside Stones aircraft to hit him.

Those emblems shoulders though... I see ya.✌️✌️

FYour right the games idea of range is so close at times you may as well just use melee powers, i mean come on really give us range and give it to the foes as well. We can just snipe each other like normal people.

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!

This game needs more awesome and less fun nullification.

As for the player's hitbox glitching... add that to the list of all the chairs and crap around Ren Cen that get targeted when clicking absolutely nowhere near them. Or Ape hearts getting targeted when rezing near them. Working as intended maybe?

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!

This game needs more awesome and less fun nullification.

As for the player's hitbox glitching... add that to the list of all the chairs and crap around Ren Cen that get targeted when clicking absolutely nowhere near them. Or Ape hearts getting targeted when rezing near them. Working as intended maybe?

I'm not talking about whether it's awesome or not. Everyone has their own way of feeling.

As for the hitboxes, I think there is room for improvement.
    In this situation, it's fine for me to just take action to NPCs in this place, but if I dare to lock on to an NPC or if there's someone over who wants to check it out... it's going to be difficult.
    If the Super magnifier was included in the DisruptiveFX and didn't visually compel to other players, at least this situation wouldn't be a problem, though.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

Not seeing a problem there.
    I guess after 12 years, there's still something new to see once in awhile.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinn wrote: »

Not seeing a problem there.
    I guess after 12 years, there's still something new to see once in awhile.

If you think so, it must be so from your point of view.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I'm bad at reading pictures.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I think its hilarious how my character's hitbox is somehow an issue when its not even touching any npc or character. Plenty of other players park large characters in the RC area over the years and its never been an issue. Sounds like he just doesn't like my aesthetics and felt compelled to make up a gameplay reason to bolster his complaint.

As for appropriateness and aesthetics, I'd like to mention this character is not that different from the claws that clarence, nightmare, or eido can summon.
    Post edited by h4forums on
  • I'm not talking about whether it's awesome or not. Everyone has their own way of feeling.

but you kinda were...

If the focus is to correct the hitbox issue then 100% agreed, fix it. But let's not pretend it's because of a player when it's damn near everything that's targetable.

Let's not start a habit of nerfing aesthetics in a game praised for character customization. Be the hero you want to be and all...
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Anything new for week 2?
    Maybe week two items will go live at schedule update time maybe not?
    A little late to say but there is a new sword in the event store
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    A little late to say but there is a new sword in the event store

And, I had asked the question in zone, but just got the reply that the description did NOT include TK nor Laser swords. However, I and others verified that it DOES include TK swords, but not Laser swords.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Nighthawk
    • For the next two weeks this event will be running.
    • New mission: Complete the Who is Nighthawk? mission 5 times. Grants the Angled Visor costume.
    • Added Blast Shoulders and Armguards to the event store.
    • Added Scanner Shield auras to the event store.
    • Added Nighthawk's Utility Belt 30 slot bag to the event store.

Alert Event
    • For the next 2 weeks alerts will give bonus rewards.

Auras
    • Fixed an issue with the way the dust auras stacked on one another.
    ​​

Here it is, 12/01/2021... last few days of the NIGHTHAWK MINI EVENT & no mission or ANYTHING was given to obtain the ARMOR BLAST leg accessory... its in the vendor for DRIFTER SALVAGE, but NO OTHER WAY... no daily mission or 5 day mission, was this planned or is this a bug? It seems to me a glitch, BUT maybe the DEV team was meaning to make us purchase it through DRIFTER SALVAGE all along... is this to be the future of all event loot? Just curious... TY in advanced for any info that can be given on this...