test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Progenitor Origins

I'm currently in a group inspired by the Fantastic Four and we're looking into having our genes tampered by the Progenitor alien race. In the 6th ed Champions Beyond book, on pg. 295, it says that Progenitors are cautious to interact with humans in fear that it will disrupt the Great Mission. To follow-up on their previous experiments, how would they go about to experiment on humans?

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    For anyone who is curious about who kjames91 is asking about and who doesn't have the PnP Champions Universe source book, Champions Beyond (which describes the space/cosmic side of the CU), I recommend going to "The Alien Thread" near the top of this sub-forum, and scrolling down to the second-to-last post.

kjames91, the way you phrase your question makes it sound like you want your whole group to have a shared origin for super powers resulting from experiments on them by the Progenitors. If that's the case, I would imagine they'd take a course similar to their creation of the Empyreans, taking a small group of test subjects out of the population. If the Progenitors don't want their intervention to draw wider humanity's attention to their presence, they'll probably "abduct" people who are camping, sharing an airplane or boat, or otherwise isolated. They wouldn't identify themselves (most of the inhabitants of the galaxy are unaware they even exist), and would return their subjects to an isolated spot once they were done. The Progenitors might even wipe their subjects' memories of the incident, although certain details may linger or recur in dreams.

You probably recognize the above as a classic "alien abduction" story. ;) That very fact would make it unlikely that most people would believe them, although one CU organization, the Exoplanetary Society, probably would if they thought to seek them out. (Details available upon request.) :)
  • Options
    kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Perfect. This is useful information!