test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Electric DPS opener + rotation?

Is this still current information from the sticky?

k3OYzIs.png

I'm just wondering if all of that as an opener is really necessary? I'm looking at this with endgame cosmic type bosses in mind and I can see myself getting messy with this every time my ions and superconductor fall off because I was busy blocking, running out of fire patches, and all that stuff. The reason I currently enjoy sets like Sorcery and Infernal for example is because when that stuff happens, I only need one single power to re-apply or refresh: Wisp. Once that's done I can immediately go straight into my main single target attack.
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Difference between ball lightning and and wisp is that ball lightning can only refresh superconductor. Wisp can apply and refresh debilitating poison. So you need the chain lightning to apply superconductor initially. The reason you use ball lightning first is that chain lightning only applies superconductor to targets with Negative Ions on them, so you want to have ball lightning have a good change to apply it before hitting with chain lightning.

An advantage to ball lightning over wisp is that is can refresh superconductor twice. One at the beginning and once at the end of its duration, which makes it very unlikely for superconductor to fall off.

I "cheat" a little, and open with the terak generator device, which guarantees superconductor application after 50% maintain. I dont even need to purchase chain lightning then.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Well, to reduce the chances of the debuffs falling off, just try to use Ball Lit often, since it can refresh both Negative Ions and Superconductor when you take all of the relevant advs (and multiple Ball Lits overlap, when its cd is shorter than its duration). You ideally only need to use Chain Lit near the start to put up Superconductor, but a quick tap of it can re-apply SC if it ever falls off (provided NI is still up), and there's generally quite more leeway in keeping NI up w/ Ball Lit (it also helps that NI has a longer max duration than SC). Even then, Superconductor's refresh on Ball Lit still gives you a fair bit of leeway as well (w/ quick testing, even waiting ~10sec after the last Ball Lit exploded to deploy a new one still gave me plenty of time to refresh SC w/ the new Ball Lit, but this is just on a Regen dummy).

Although Ball Lit can apply NI at the start, and one channel of LArc gives Ball Lit plenty of chances to do it, if you don't want to deal w/ its rng then you can instead open w/ a charged Chain Lit to guarantee that NI gets put up first, and then do the rest of the opener. It'll be lower dps for the opener, but it should be safer. Another relatively safe opener (from my testing) is: charged Chain Lit -> Ball Lit -> charged Chain Lit (and then go into the normal rotation w/ LArc and Ball Lit). By the time you've deployed Ball Lit and charged the 2nd Chain Lit, plenty of time should have passed for the 1st Chain Lit's NI to register.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    I "cheat" a little, and open with the terak generator device, which guarantees superconductor application after 50% maintain.

interesting thanks!
    if you don't want to deal w/ its rng then you can instead open w/ a charged Chain Lit to guarantee that NI gets put up first, and then do the rest of the opener. It'll be lower dps for the opener, but it should be safer.

so how would that look exactly? Charged CL, BL, and then go straight into rotating Larc and BL? Or do I still need an extra CL in there somewhere?
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    so how would that look exactly? Charged CL, BL, and then go straight into rotating Larc and BL? Or do I still need an extra CL in there somewhere?
    Yea, you'd still need to tap CL after the first LArc if doing that opener. If you don't, then you won't apply Superconductor.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!