test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

force field/helper mod

a force field helping mod, you get a shield, why? you could attack to get it? heal to get it? just passively present? idk, but it would help shielding/bubbling/force field users
Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    At a glance, this would mostly invalidate:

- Unbreakable
    - Field Surge
    - Protection Field
    - Hardened Particle Matrix
    - Energy Refraction
    - Mindful Reinforcement (to some extent)

You'd need to state how this would work, because a mod's effect should ideally not "run out". Additionally, Bastion style shielding takes into consideration resistances.

So this would be a colossal buff to everything and anything thing that took that mod, especially if the shield does not deplete, or even regenerates.

There are some DPS characters with less than 5400 HP, so 4955 + 5400 = 10355 effective HP that takes into consideration dodge/avoid/resistances etc.

That would be pretty insane.

The only thing that would be able to effectively challenge this is an instance where everywhere has the Corrosive Energy debuff...which further marginalizes anyone who uses shields...and PFF.

The only way this could potentially work is by making it a percentage chance to proc based on your HP levels...like an emergency shield, but even then, stacking with Bastion which generates shields based on outgoing damage, would be nuts.

Maybe take a 0 off those values and you'll have something workable.

I think this would just become another crutch, like how Bastion used to have unlimited stacks and stack off everything.

(Note: My response here is lacking context, as a previous post posted here before mine appears to have vanished!)
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    At a glance, this would mostly invalidate:

- Unbreakable
    - Field Surge
    - Protection Field
    - Hardened Particle Matrix
    - Energy Refraction
    - Mindful Reinforcement (to some extent)

You'd need to state how this would work, because a mod's effect should ideally not "run out". Additionally, Bastion style shielding takes into consideration resistances.

So this would be a colossal buff to everything and anything thing that took that mod, especially if the shield does not deplete, or even regenerates.

There are some DPS characters with less than 5400 HP, so 4955 + 5400 = 10355 effective HP that takes into consideration dodge/avoid/resistances etc.

That would be pretty insane.

The only thing that would be able to effectively challenge this is an instance where everywhere has the Corrosive Energy debuff...which further marginalizes anyone who uses shields...and PFF.

The only way this could potentially work is by making it a percentage chance to proc based on your HP levels...like an emergency shield, but even then, stacking with Bastion which generates shields based on outgoing damage, would be nuts.

Maybe take a 0 off those values and you'll have something workable.

I think this would just become another crutch, like how Bastion used to have unlimited stacks and stack off everything.

i guess this makes sense
    edited November 2021
    hmm iam not sure how this mod would work, but it sounds uuh neat
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 102 Arc User
    I saw a couple of posts vanish from here as well. Anyways, here's my take on this. I would rather this mod have some sort of trigger by perhaps chance or trigger based on chance for certain abilities. I would go for the latter just for the sake of balancing, and this should be a defense-mod, that way you have to choose between Brilliance, Growth Amulets, and other mods.

I say that because it's already straight-forward enough to choose between defense mods for certain builds, that way only certain builds can take this mod, and everybody wins. This would also be a mod that'd have to be rare, for it to retain it's current value.
    rinzler156 wrote: »
    I saw a couple of posts vanish from here as well. Anyways, here's my take on this. I would rather this mod have some sort of trigger by perhaps chance or trigger based on chance for certain abilities. I would go for the latter just for the sake of balancing, and this should be a defense-mod, that way you have to choose between Brilliance, Growth Amulets, and other mods.

I say that because it's already straight-forward enough to choose between defense mods for certain builds, that way only certain builds can take this mod, and everybody wins. This would also be a mod that'd have to be rare, for it to retain it's current value.

this is a good suggestion :)
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    All I can see is flashes of my PPF tank with 24k shield completely ignores and slapped to 100 health and then dead with full force field.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix