test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magic Guns Weapon Aura

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
An aura that places circular magical sigils in front of your gun barrels, so it looks like you're firing magic bullets.

youjo-senki-magic-tanya-degurechaff-military-wallpaper-preview.jpg
gun-mage-2.jpg

These are the only examples I could find, but It would be great to have them for all the Munitions and Gadgeteering guns

Comments

• Yes!!!! Please!!!!
  • HELL YEAH!!!
  • ironbjornironbjorn Posts: 2 Arc User
    Heck, something like that to select for ranged dps/Muni characters to select as a new weapon aura rather than the current melee rt.-hand weapon aura offered in the "From the Shadows" series mission'd be great for ranged characters that get zero use from the very cool melee wpn aura we get now! ;-) thanks much for any consideration on this! But there are several of my Muni or gadgetry builds that I'd LOVE to be able to add a "combat aura" like these pictures that dialamx provided for their guns! <3
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    In my eyes we should get emanation back and expand on it, give us the possibility to use every ability with every animation, with some exceptions of course, but using a blast attack from a sword or gun would be nice as well, using eldritch blast from your guns would be good. And/or, more variety of attacks again, I mean we have PA Magical attacks basically already with the Become device. The same for various attacks, even if just advantages, more FX effects you can apply per advantage points honestly, rather than Aura's I have to move around chars or have to get several of the same.

Unpopular opinion probably, but I do not like Aura's as they are, they should have been costumes for the Tailor with slots there. Same with Vehicles as glorified Travel Powers now could be a flight skin at best now.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I'm for something like this 100% but I cant see that mechanism working as an aura, as aura work when in combat or just passive but doesn't work with specific moves. They might most likely add something like this a weapon device, ultimate of specific power. If it was an aura the runes wouldn't be gun specific.

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I'm for something like this 100% but I cant see that mechanism working as an aura, as aura work when in combat or just passive but doesn't work with specific moves. They might most likely add something like this a weapon device, ultimate of specific power. If it was an aura the runes wouldn't be gun specific.

Well the way I see it, we currently have a Melee weapon aura that effects only Melee weapons that are in the right hand. It's a combat only aura as well. This would work in the same style. Only working if you have a gun weapon. One specifically for Rifle based weapons, and one for pistol based. I know we couldn't get a single aura for all of them, but it should work if specifically designed auras like the melee one.
  • nickcave33nickcave33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    all very nice. and yeah i would love to have aura for weapon in the 2nd hand.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Supported