test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Zone 3 Preservation Society

This is an idea I have, but organizing it would require somebody like Vexx or maybe the DawnRadio crew who likes to play for long stretches of time and is very social. So I'll post this here in hopes the Discord community types want to try it:

The idea is to have a group of players dedicated to keeping a third zone of both Canada and Monster Island open 24/7 so that everyone can farm more cosmics. We'll need a minimum of 76 volunteers to support this idea, though for the vast majority the commitment is only showing up once.

The scheme requires 3 operations and 12 players designated as 'guards': 2 per zone, 3 zones, MI and Canada.

1) Kick-off.
In this operation everyone piles into Canada at the same time until zone 3 opens up. The six individuals designated as guards in Canada move to their assigned zones. Then the mass piles into Monster Island, the six guards of MI move to their assigned zones. Once the guards are in place the operation is complete.

Organizational requirements are getting enough volunteers and getting them in place at a scheduled time. A possible cheat for this is to get one of the big Super Groups to hold a costume contest in zone rather than the powerhouse.

2) Routine
This is the tricky part. We have to keep the 12 people in place 24/7. In practice this will certainly involve more than 12 people with a schedule. I expect big chunks of this will be people logged in afk while the player is at work or sleeping. The reason I say we need 2 players per zone is in case one disconnects. Also I think this game has an afk timer, but there should be creative ways around that. (Would orienting the character towards a corner and pressing the 'R' button work?)

If scheduling we'd need to establish a 'changing of the guard' routine and reiterate to the guards their shift is over when their replacement is present, not necessarily when scheduled. Guards can be allowed to participate in the cosmics in their zone, but must be careful to not change zones as the crowd does.

That said, a big issue I see is the kind of personalities who would agree to be guard would be the types to have CCer and Tank toons. So we'd also want to be able to have some rando relieve the guard, run the cosmic, and have the guard return to post. I'd suggest waiting until the community had some practice in before trying that.

In theory this operation won't end but in practice there will be hiccups, leading to:

3) Reopening
This is basically the kick-off all over again in case for whatever reason we lose one of the zones. Thus we'd need a roster of volunteers willing to pile into zones on short-ish notice. One possible way to make a re-opening easier is time it with the Cosmics.

If you've finished that wall of text, that may seem complicated and unyieldy. But it really isn't. Getting people to pile into zone is a simple enough matter, and plenty of players such as the DJs tend to afk in game for long periods of time. So what do other people think about it?

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    The extra zone would be lost every week after maintenance and need to be reset by the whole group again. It's an interesting idea but zone 3 may just remain a happy bonus when it does pop up.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    I don't see this happening at all, honestly.