test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1 New Build & 2 Reworked Builds: Psion Envoy & Psi-Lancer (TK Blades & TP/TK Hybird)

2»

Comments

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    And here is what I ended up with:

So I ended up just going with TK Barrage, while I do like EB Astonish, it's a tap power and I find myself tapping TK Mae (Unless I need higher damage) and if I'm tapping EB Astonish then I can just do the same to Barrage with better Advs, just wish that the power didn't have a windup delay, tho that might just be a visual glitch.

So I start with TK Mae and use Barrage once it's on cooldown, if they need to be stunned again, rather then wait for the cooldown, Conviction always helpful in a pinch encase I don't get the stun off, self rez, if I do find myself dead and Resruge as a button to press before death or just keeping it up in general and the rest are just DPS Focus.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
    Level 8: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Void Shift
    Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Expansive Intellect, Inner Peace)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Barrage (Dazzle, Instill Doubt)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Fiery Embrace
    Level 35: Mental Discipline
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Psionic Accelerator
    Psi.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Yea, that build looks pretty good overall. It should be pretty survivable (esp when using TK Barrage/Maelstrom in AoE), and can still put out decent dps, when desired.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Yea, that build looks pretty good overall. It should be pretty survivable (esp when using TK Barrage/Maelstrom in AoE), and can still put out decent dps, when desired.

Seems to work out just fine, once I get gear sorted and locked down, I'll see how it plays out. However I do have a small qeastion with the Sentry Tree, mostly with Fortify & Reinforce.

It says that: On Critical Heals target gains 10% DR for 5 sec and/or I gain 10% DR when I strike with a "Single Target Attack" and when I get a Critical Effect by Damage or Healing I gain a 6% DR.

So my qeastion is, does "Target" apply only for an Ally or do I count as a Target?. Also my other question is as well, it says Single Target Attacks, but does Ego Weaponry count as a Single Target or AoE, considering it's a Cone and hits in a AoE. If that's the case and if I merely wanted the DR for myself to keep me more tanking, how well will it work with a build that is focused on DPS

Specializations
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also with that being said, I assume that Critical Heals (For example Conviction) will work with MoN and Eternal Spring on myself?

Specializations
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Psi.
    Ego Weaponry is classed as an AoE now. As for the target-related question for Reinforce in Sentry spec, it can also count you as a potential benefactor for the healing part when healing yourself, yes. I wouldn't take Sentry over Sentinel here, either way, since Sentinel Mastery is the main thing that was built around w/ the added CCs (outside of it just being a normal TK Blade dps).

Also, Eternal Spring isn't really that strong here, but you could take it if you wanted to.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited November 2021
    Ego Weaponry is classed as an AoE now. As for the target-related question for Reinforce in Sentry spec, it can also count you as a potential benefactor for the healing part when healing yourself, yes.

Humm, so Reinforce & Fortify won't get triggered from Ego Weaponry, but powers like TK Annihilation will I suppose and if I spam Conviction and get a Cirt heal it will effect both Reinforce and Fortify?. I assume this goes the same for Moment of Need & Eternal Spring from Conviction?
    I wouldn't take Sentry over Sentinel here, either way, since Sentinel Mastery is the main thing that was built around w/ the added CCs (outside of it just being a normal TK Blade dps). Also, Eternal Spring isn't really that strong here, but you could take it if you wanted to.

Yes, I'm aware, but I'm just curious to if an Pure DPS will have any benefits from either tree, as if they made sure they had a Heal that was able to cirt and or a single damage target. (So letting the specs only work for themselves)
    Psi.
    Humm, so Reinforce & Fortify won't get triggered from Ego Weaponry, but powers like TK Annihilation will I suppose and if I spam Conviction and get a Cirt heal it will effect both Reinforce and Fortify?. I assume this goes the same for Moment of Need & Eternal Spring from Conviction?
    Yes to both Reinforce and Fortify procing then (also, it seems as if melee AoEs like Ego Weaponry actually can also proc both, but this may be a bug; ranged AoE crits can't proc Reinforce). Moment of Need isn't a proc, it just increases a heal's overall crit chance (assuming the heal can crit), but yes, both it and Eternal Spring can work w/ Conviction (since it can crit).
    edited November 2021
    Yes to both Reinforce and Fortify procing then (also, it seems as if melee AoEs like Ego Weaponry actually can also proc both, but this may be a bug; ranged AoE crits can't proc Reinforce). Moment of Need isn't a proc, it just increases a heal's overall crit chance (assuming the heal can crit), but yes, both it and Eternal Spring can work w/ Conviction (since it can crit).

Humm alright then, so it's a matter of preference then, if both are triggered, I may use Sentry Tree in another build, to proc Reinforce & Fortify or go for MoN & Eternal Spring if I want the extra help from Conviction, cheers.
    Psi.