test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/28/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
  • Added Spooky Back costume as a possible drop from trick or treat bags.
  • Added Sickle 2, Glaive and Crowbar weapons to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete Turakian Termination 5 times, grants the Tattered Cloak costume.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Demon key Pack will be available
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic keys of Power
  • 1x Demon Wings Costume

Enemies
  • Fixed an issue where certain Sovereign Sons enemies were not flagged as undead.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Fixed an issue where Vladic Dracul would sometimes not use one of his abilities.
  • Increased charge time of Shadow Eruption to match other charge abilities.
  • Fixed an issue where Vladic Dracul's bats were unaffected by heal dubuffs.

UI
  • Added a 5 second cooldown to the call for help button when defeated.

Tailor
  • Added 3 additional low saturation color rows to the tailor.
  • Added 1 hair color column to the tailor.
  • Moved the black/white rows to columns.
  • Added new lighting option.
  • Moved 'Hide unowned costume parts' button to the unlocks tab.
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Eh spooky back piece I understand it's a freebie but what is that nah even? Everything else is very nice it brings a sort of modern detail to the game. Especially getting weapons skins in CO brings me a special joy.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    Would it be possible to get the "Hide unowned costume parts" back where it was or on the main page? The Tailor is laggy and having to go to that tab just turn stuff off or on makes things take even longer
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Tailor
    • Added 3 additional low saturation color rows to the tailor.
    • Added 1 hair color column to the tailor.
    • Moved the black/white rows to columns.
    ​​

This might be my favorite patch all year. Thanks!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I just bought the glaive and the haft is ridiculously thin. If you are going to make basic historical weapons like this, could you make the proportions somewhat accurate? It looks silly, as is. This reminds me of when you didn't bother to look at the back of the kabuto, and just winged it.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I farmed a tako throne device on my main and instantly felt regret as I did not account for theme before hand. The throne is red my theme is blue and black.

What's even worst is it being bound to that toon only and not account wide. I wish I could just give it to a red themed toon. SMH.

Maybe in the next 30 years Fixer will open a store that make me trade it in for a blue version.

Please consider color trade in stores. Maybe with a added fee of a small amount of questionite??? Please consider-concidering things.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Added 3 additional low saturation color rows to the tailor.
    I adore the new colours but please ADD NEW SKIN COLOURS TOO
    Tailor
    Ok but why? Personaly I don't find the different lighting option useful but it replacing the 'Hide unowned costume parts' button and putting to an already LAGGY part of the tailor makes the lag worse!

Also please do something to fix the issue with the tailor LAG if you have so many costumes unlocked, even on character select speed the lag is noticeable :weary:
    Enemies
    Fixed an issue where certain Sovereign Sons enemies were not flagged as undead.
    U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle continues winning after being fixed to trigger AoE specs and this :grin:
    Nice, I like this Power Replacement
    Added Spooky Back costume as a possible drop from trick or treat bags.
    WOW that's a huge Letdown, the Final piece for the set and perk is piss poor and tiny and it's locked behind bags RNG
    what makes this look Spooky? This feels nothing more than an afterthought :-1:
    a2b5714a5e86d7a817c7e86df6150ecd1635383248.png
    Added Sickle 2, Glaive and Crowbar weapons to the event store.
    Finally! a Proper Crowbar without knives and saws attached to it, we can make a Half-Life fancharacter now
    New Mission: Complete Turakian Termination 5 times, grants the Tattered Cloak costume.
    NOW THIS IS HOW YOU DO A CAPE :+1: that's a solid 10/10 costume
    and Honestly... if you expanded the cloth on the Chest even more, this makes better Poncho than the fake poncho cape we got during High Noon
    fe082942b199e4994246b1852f86e7221635383268.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    I just bought the glaive and the haft is ridiculously thin. If you are going to make basic historical weapons like this, could you make the proportions somewhat accurate? It looks silly, as is. This reminds me of when you didn't bother to look at the back of the kabuto, and just winged it.
    You are right! After a quick check after unlocking it, it's ridiculous small​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    ^Yeah been wanting a decent spear... and while this isn't a spear, i thought it would make for a good stopgap. But, as it is, I'll never use this. Toss another weapon skin on the garbage heap.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Info here, the Hide unowned costumes option is still there, it only got moved to the search tab.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Why another maintenance today? DId something get broken?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Why another maintenance today? DId something get broken?

I heard from someone, in-game, that the Divine Mirrors in Therakiels Temple no longer maintain without holding the key down. I don't know if it does maintain IF you hold the key down.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Lighting options on the Tailor are great. I hate coming out of the tailor and discovering that the subtle color blends and combos I did in the tailor clash badly in zone-lighting.

Suggestions:
    Add Power House (main and theater) lighting options.
    Include the zone specular settings (if you haven't already) in the light modes. (colors in metal texture look washed out in some zones and vivid in others because of those specular settings)
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Really nice to get those low saturation hues into the palette; I use some costume parts with plain white on a regular basis, and my attempts to make a convincing 'off white', which brings out the textures better sometimes, were pretty limited with the existing grayscale hues.

Also very nice having the optional lighting dropdown. STO has had this for some time with 'Earth Space Dock' and 'New Romulus' etc., and it's a nice thing to have to play with, as hues and textures look pretty different in some zones.

Speaking of textures, it's obvious at this point that the costume editor is a huge zoo of pieces and parts put in at various stages, and dont have all the textures they should have, or ideally should have.

For example, we have many hair pieces that don't actually have a hair texture attached to them, and it would be nice to get that cleaned up at some point when possible.

A little more of a personal peeve on my part, but it would be nice to have all pieces with a metal texture also have the brushed metal texture available...a lot of times the brushed look is downright pretty awesome on items, especially for things that are actually supposed to be metal armor pieces.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Speaking of textures, it's obvious at this point that the costume editor is a huge zoo of pieces and parts put in at various stages, and dont have all the textures they should have, or ideally should have.

For example, we have many hair pieces that don't actually have a hair texture attached to them, and it would be nice to get that cleaned up at some point when possible.

A little more of a personal peeve on my part, but it would be nice to have all pieces with a metal texture also have the brushed metal texture available...a lot of times the brushed look is downright pretty awesome on items, especially for things that are actually supposed to be metal armor pieces.

IIRC a dev sometime on Discord said that it would be much too difficult/time consuming to go back through all those old pieces and update them. So only new texturess and so on will be on new pieces (I guess each new set will also get a texture with its own name too?). This is a shame because there are a lot of "armor" pieces that I'd like to use but don't because on most of my characters I don't like the shiny armor look. Too bad they didn't think this all through better at the beginning. ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    So. Uh. Picked up the new Demon Wings, went to try applying them to one of my characters' monster costumes, and...

[Edit: Removed image of a dragon with wings clearly not attached to his body. Huzzah, they fixed it!]

...Those aren't actually attached to anything.
    Post edited by morigosa on
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    The change to the Tailor removed all Black/White shades from the Supergroup Color UI.

Please consider updating SG Colors UI as well
  • Bloodmoon

Tailor
    ​​

It is a little inconvenient that this option has been moved. The reason is that, as others have mentioned, Tailor has performance issues and I want to keep operations to a minimum until I turn this option off.
    Shouldn't items don't have be hidden by default in the first place?